Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Clubs, Organizations & Associations > WBCCI Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-18-2008, 07:25 AM   #161
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxon
I looked at the poll question:
"Should Regular WBCCI members who own a Motor Home manufactured by Airstream be allowed to purchase a Class A Motor Home manufactured by the Four Winds International Division of Thor & retain their membership in WBCCI?

and what I read is not that you can't own a newer model Airstream Motorhome and retain membership, you just can't another brand of motorhome (by Thor) and be a member of WBCCI. The question is worded kind of funky...

IMHO, I believe WBCCI represents Airstreams (mohos & trailers). Not any other brand of trailer or moho manufactured by Thor, 4-winds, passing wind, whatever...
I read the question the same way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Foster
Let's say the situation was reversed, that is, Airstream motorhome sales were great, and Airstream stopped building trailers and built just motorhomes. Does anyone think those of us with trailers would be welcome by the motorhome owners, or trailer owners for that matter, to buy another brand of trailer and remain in WBCCI?

Of course not. We would have to buy an Airstream motorhome or find another club.
I would hope we Airstream trailer owners would be welcomed, but I wouldn't expect the majority Airstream motor home club to accept trailers of a different brand.

I think a lot of Airstream motor home owners are uncomfortable with this issue because the units produced after 1995 are not the Classic semi-monocoque aluminum bodied "silver bullet" and they fear that this is an assault on them as well. I don't think it is, or at least it isn't in my mind. Yes, I'm sure that there are units that treat the Land Yachts, A-series and XL-350's(?) as red headed step children at the family bar-b-que, but as long as it is an Airstream product, this shouldn't be the case and I really can't see this leading to excluding them from the club. At least I certainly wouldn't go along with that.
WBCCI# 4821
https://streaminacrossamerica.com/
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 01:00 PM   #162
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Airboss Send a message via MSN to Airboss Send a message via Yahoo to Airboss
Quote:
Originally Posted by tincantom
Middle TN Airstream has a brand spanking new Airstream moho with factory discount sells for about 195K. Qualifies for WBCCI membership because it's an Airstream, and it is NEW.
Good Idea!! Post them on here. That way they can buy em up as they are posted and that should end this issue once and for all.. Whatcha think???
Old 03-18-2008, 02:18 PM   #163
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airboss
Good Idea!! Post them on here. That way they can buy em up as they are posted and that should end this issue once and for all.. Whatcha think???
The only trouble is that the people promoting this amendment don't read these forums. . .
Nuvite-F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 02:29 PM   #164
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Airboss Send a message via MSN to Airboss Send a message via Yahoo to Airboss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuvite-F
The only trouble is that the people promoting this amendment don't read these forums. . .
Well the fellow on post 164 does.. Maybe we should post them on the WBCCI site??
Old 03-18-2008, 02:57 PM   #165
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
It doesn't matter Airboss. MiddleTN Airstream advertises the two new A-39's they have in stock in the Blue Beret! So does a couple of other Airstream dealers. In fact, Bates in Tampa has at least one A-37 and at least one unsold Land Yacht (they advertise them in the banner ads on this forum) and I believe they are advertised in the Blue Beret. If the IBT and et al promoting this amendment aren't seeing the ads in their own official publication, they certainly won't see them on their own web site. It just goes to show you, when you have your head stuck...eh hem...in the sand, you can't see what's right in front of you.
WBCCI# 4821
Old 03-18-2008, 03:05 PM   #166
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Yeah you could be right about that.. Well at least they are out there for sale and looks as if they should read a little bit before hand...
Old 03-18-2008, 03:17 PM   #167
"Cloudsplitter"

2003 25' Classic
Houstatlantavegas , Malebolgia
Thumbs up Yup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Foster
Let's say the situation was reversed, that is, Airstream motorhome sales were great, and Airstream stopped building trailers and built just motorhomes. Does anyone think those of us with trailers would be welcome by the motorhome owners, or trailer owners for that matter, to buy another brand of trailer and remain in WBCCI?

Of course not. We would have to buy an Airstream motorhome or find another club.

TOOT SWEET
Old 03-19-2008, 10:03 AM   #168
4 Rivet Member

2003 39' Land Yacht XL 330 hp w/2slides
White Lake , Michigan
As an owner of a 2004 396XL, let me chime in here. I agree with all these posts and am opposed to any amendment allowing SOB MHs being allowed in WBCCI. We did not renew our membership because of the politics and insistance of the IBT to pass an amendment. We did get treated like red headed stepchildren at some WBCCI functions, but not our own unit. Some refer to our motorhome as the mothership.
Airboss, we are not that old(a little maybe). It is my opinion that the WBCCI is for AS trailer owners and we MH owners are invited guests and should act that way, not the other way around which is the attitude of the IBT at this time.
FYI. there are 7 brand new AS MHs for sale right now at reduced prices.
bfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 11:00 AM   #169
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Seven new motor homes on the market... and how many members of the IBT? Seems that there should be enough to go around as I'm sure some of them have fairly new motor homes at this time.

Oh, BTW bfred, sorry I got the wrong series number for your motor home model.
WBCCI# 4821
Old 03-19-2008, 12:07 PM   #170
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfred
As an owner of a 2004 396XL, let me chime in here. I agree with all these posts and am opposed to any amendment allowing SOB MHs being allowed in WBCCI. We did not renew our membership because of the politics and insistance of the IBT to pass an amendment. We did get treated like red headed stepchildren at some WBCCI functions, but not our own unit. Some refer to our motorhome as the mothership.
Airboss, we are not that old(a little maybe). It is my opinion that the WBCCI is for AS trailer owners and we MH owners are invited guests and should act that way, not the other way around which is the attitude of the IBT at this time.
FYI. there are 7 brand new AS MHs for sale right now at reduced prices.
Thats right Buck. Your still a young puppy!!!
Old 03-19-2008, 06:09 PM   #171
E Pluribus Aluminus

2008 34' Classic S/O
1967 22' Safari
2005 30' Classic
Land Of Enchantment , New Mexico
Sheesh... silly me. I thought WBCCI was for AIRSTREAMS. Never saw "Trailers Only" or MH Keep Out" signs posted...

Kind of reminds me of "Our Gang"... you know, "Girls Keep Out"... "Boy's Only"...
The trouble with trouble is it always starts out as fun...
Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 08:29 AM   #172
4 Rivet Member

White Lake , Michigan
WBCCI is for any Airstream and I did not mean to infer otherwise. My point being, Airstream comes and goes in the MH market and the trailers remain the icon. The IBT fails to understand that. Most of my friends are AS trailer owners and cherish their trailers a little more than we cherish our MH. and for good reason. To the wife and I, our MH is just a vehicle to get us from point A to point B with a little comfort. We don't really have that attachment we see with AS trailer owners.
Thank you Leo. One day we hope we have the pleasure to park next to you and converse a little.
Old 03-20-2008, 08:46 AM   #173
Rivet Master

1967 28' Ambassador
1963 19' Globetrotter
1970 29' Ambassador
Waukesha , Wisconsin
Quote:
WBCCI is for any Airstream... Most of my friends are AS trailer owners and cherish their trailers a little more than we cherish our MH. and for good reason. To the wife and I, our MH is just a vehicle to get us from point A to point B with a little comfort.
You've got me thinking... Couldn't the estranged Airstream MH folks just pull a little Bambi behind a new, flavor of the day, non-Airstream MH "tow vehicle" and continue to attend WBCCI events as their heart desires?
https://byamcaravanner.blogspot.com/
byamcaravanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 11:41 AM   #174
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Now you've got me thinking. Just imagine, wouldn't it be cool if the leadership was made up of Bambis and vintage units and AS motorhomes interspersed on site and the kind of people who like to CAMP and have bonfires and a tent for all and mingle during Internationals, maybe the attendence would increase. Or if caravans were pay as you go and shorter. Oh wait... that formal catered dinner attire wouldn't fit in the closets and I suspect there would not be enough awards, high places or perks given out to satisfy...

With fuel costs as they are the saavy way to do business would be online without theatrics and reimbursement of miles for travel under the guise of necessity and leave rallies for fun and fellowship and everyone on their own dime.

The MH folks sure could tow an AS product but they wouldn't fit the designated parking spaces or save that bundle they want to save by buying SOBs. To them it is so much easier and logical to change the club saying it isn't about product but about friends (their friends.) The pomp and ceremony has gone to their heads and they are drunk with self-importance and power.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 11:47 AM   #175
tincantom

1975 25' Tradewind
Crossville , Tennessee
Question SOB TVs

Quote:
Originally Posted by byamcaravanner
You've got me thinking... Couldn't the estranged Airstream MH folks just pull a little Bambi behind a new, flavor of the day, non-Airstream MH "tow vehicle" and continue to attend WBCCI events as their heart desires?
Some people have tried that a few years back, but guess who told them they couldn't do that? The IBT said if you use an SOB RV as a tow vehicle you MUST use the Airstream to live in (as in sleep, lounge, etc.). I believe this occurred at least once at International tho' I don't know which one. Now who is it that wants to let you "live" in an SOB RV WITHOUT TOWING THE AIRSTREAM? There is nothing so constant as change!

Classic Airstreams put the silver in silver city
tincantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 02:31 PM   #176
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by 65GT
... During that controversy, I believe in the early 90's?, whatever members strongly opposed allowing MHs into the club are likely long gone, or have come to grips with the situation. The bottom line today is that if you own an Airstream (and today ANYTHING they build qualifies) you are a welcome member of the WBCCI.

I can't imagine anybody taking any other position. ...
Someone correct me if I'm wrong because I'm repeating what I've been told, but aren't some of those members that strongly opposed allowing MHs into the club in the 90's or whenever, the ones that now drive motorhomes, are members of the IBT, and the very ones that want to amend the constitution to allow SOB motorhomes into the WBCCI?

Talk about irony!
WBCCI# 4821
Old 03-20-2008, 02:36 PM   #177
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Quote:
WBCCI is for any Airstream and I did not mean to infer otherwise. My point being, Airstream comes and goes in the MH market and the trailers remain the icon. The IBT fails to understand that. Most of my friends are AS trailer owners and cherish their trailers a little more than we cherish our MH. and for good reason. To the wife and I, our MH is just a vehicle to get us from point A to point B with a little comfort. We don't really have that attachment we see with AS trailer owners.
Thank you Leo. One day we hope we have the pleasure to park next to you and converse a little.
A little comfort???????????? Buck you forget some of us have been in your MoHo.. I think a little comfert is a huge understatement in this case!!! That thing is like the Taj Mahal only a little nicer if you ask me..
Old 03-20-2008, 03:31 PM   #178
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie's Mate
Someone correct me if I'm wrong because I'm repeating what I've been told, but aren't some of those members that strongly opposed allowing MHs into the club in the 90's or whenever, the ones that now drive motorhomes, are members of the IBT, and the very ones that want to amend the constitution to allow SOB motorhomes into the WBCCI?

Talk about irony!
Well if it were, for all their fussing they lost then and for all their fussing they will lose now. Just the same bunch of losers? I wonder.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 07:31 PM   #179
4 Rivet Member

White Lake , Michigan
Come'on Carol,Ralph,Minnie's Mate and anybody else. " LETS GO CAMPING".
I can't take this weather anymore. If I spend next winter in MI, please shoot me Ralph. I'm in the process right now of getting rid of a few irons in the fire.
I am going to run for township trustee though. Wish me luck. I can't be president of WBCCI so township trustee is the next best thing.
Old 03-20-2008, 07:36 PM   #180
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Gosh Buck, I thought you knew better then that...Buck I will shoot ya with a Blue Noodle if you stay in this crap for another winter.. Oh wait..... I bet Grace will do it for me so never mind...Yes Buck, Lets go camping..Im sooooooooo ready!!!