Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > International > 2002 - 2005 International
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-01-2002, 10:30 AM   #1
Contributing Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
Weak wall

The bathroom wall behind the dinette is about 3/16" plywood, glued on each side to wood separators between that wall and the bathroom interior wall. Only the glue joint secures this wall for at least several feet above the top of the dinette seat back.

On this wall is mounted an AC outlet, quite a distance from the glued edge. When pulling a plug out of the outlet, the wall flexes quite a bit. The glue joint finally parted company and the wall is now very loose.

I made a temporary fix by moving the thermostat closer to the edge of the wall so that I could put two countersunk screws where they are hidden by the thermostat base.

Tuesday, when I bring the A/S home to prepare for a trip, I will get the interior warm, remove the added screws, squeeze some new glue into the joint, and reinstall the screws. Hopefully, with some care in removing plugs in the future, this will keep the wall intact.
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2002, 04:42 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2002 25' Classic
Oro Valley , Arizona
We went on our "shakedown" trip this last week-end; just from Tucson to Parker, AZ and back. Nothing shook off BUT while sitting in the living room resting I happened to notice a couple of quality control items... the refrigerator sticks out at the bottom of its cabinet about a 1/4" .....top is okay.

There is a gap in the molding around the bathroom sliding door. I am afraid to try to move it and glue it; like you say some of those walls are thin.

We have yet to take up the plastic the dealer had down for traffic before our unit was sold; am wondering what those interesting spots will prove to be.

Kistler
Kistler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2002, 04:49 PM   #3
Contributing Member

Plastic carpet protector

I still have the plastic in the galley after 6 months. I have a throw rug on top of the plastic.

I was surprised to find that even the outside storage is carpeted. It has a plastic cover, as well which will stay. The only gaps in the carpet I have found are under the front dinette seat where the mechanicals are and under the bathroom. They must just carpet the floor wall to wall before putting the shell on.
WBCCI #9632
Old 12-01-2002, 04:55 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2002 25' Classic
Oro Valley , Arizona
I noticed that the storage compartments on the floor level are carpeted and covered with plastic also....

What does one put in the cute little compartments that look like they are enameled--below floor level ones that have hooks instead of locks?

Kistler
Kistler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2002, 09:00 PM   #5
Contributing Member

?????

I guess I don't have any of those compartments.
WBCCI #9632

Tags
2003 international