Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-23-2005, 11:45 AM   #1

2006 Ccd

My 22 CCD arrives at Toscanno tomorrow. I've been waiting like a kid at Christmas and Monday is the big day. I ordered it with everything I could put on it, and can't wait to hook it behind the Van and hit the road.
I was wondering if anyone out there might have any words of wisdome to pass my way. I look forward to your replys. 22 skadoo....
22skadoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 12:05 PM   #2
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
OlyPen , Washington
Welcome to the forums and congratulations.
Don't leave the dealer until you've checked everything, every sytsem and are confident that it all works - and that you know how to work it/them.

There are several threads about packing lists and you can use the forum search tool to find them... but here are a few must haves:

Water hose
Disposable rubber gloves for dumping
Cell phone
Tools
Garbage bags

Don't forget to pull the wheel chocks, disconnect power, raise the jacks and put the roof vent down......

have fun.

AirForums Custom Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 12:54 PM   #3

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
Hopefully they will give you a good orientation. Do they provide the ability to overnight with a full hookup? If so, you will have lots of time to try everything out. Take notes if you have to.

Here is a thread that had some advice. Predelivery Inspection.

Congratulations!

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 02:59 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

My husband ran the recorder while I drilled the poor guy about everything.And I mean everything!Get your walk thru on viedo if you can that way you can look back at it (when) you forget how to work something.I forgot how to open the awning,boy did I feel stupid on my first outing.
cynthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 03:14 PM   #5
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet
Don't forget to pull the wheel chocks, disconnect power, raise the jacks and put the roof vent down.......
And the TV antenna.
Old 07-17-2005, 10:40 AM   #6

Home sweet home

I picked up my 22 CCd on the 28th of last month. It is everything I was excepting and more. I was wondering how it would handel the heat, I wonder no more, yesterday it was 108. I had the air running all day and it was nice and comfertable inside. If it does as well with the cold I will be as happy as a clam at high tide. I am parked in small town trailer park right on the Sacramento river. I plan to hold up here for a couple of months and get the place to feel like home.
So far all the electronics seem to be working. I can't really check out the King Dome satalite because of trees. However there was one major problem that came up right away. The back seat to the dinette was not anchored to the floor. Under that seat is where all the wireing is housed it's the brains of the power. Had to pull the seat and replace the screws they were to short and only two screws were holding the seat down. My first guest almost flopped over backwards when she sat down. Other than that all seems well.
I feel like I have made a good chice in an Airstream and I look forward to it being my home for many years to come.Thanks to all of you who took the time to reply to my posting. It's going to be cooler today only 103.....

As alwasy 22 Skadoo
Old 07-17-2005, 11:59 AM   #7
2 Rivet Member

2004 28' International CCD
, Texas
No doubt, you will get many compliments on your CCD. Everytime we go into an RV park, people are very complimentary of our 28' CCD.

It is everything it appears to be and a whole lot more.

Enjoy!
Towhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 09:37 AM   #8
B&J
Happy Campers

New Trailer

Congratulations! We purchased our 28' CCD from Toscanos and we arranged to spend the night in our new trailer with full hookups at the dealership. I took my camcorder and made a video of the complete walkthrough with Carlos. We are newbies and even the basics are hard to remember by the time you complete your walkthrough. You will be given a very large manual along with other paperwork that will take some time to read. If you can arrange to pick it up during a week day instead of a weekend, there will be more service people available to assist you. So far, we are pleased with our trailer and are happy with Toscanos warranty work and service. Enjoy
2005 CCD International 28 foot
B&J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 01:02 PM   #9
2 Rivet Member

2006 28' International CCD
Houston , Texas
28 Ccd, 2006

Have ordered 2006 28CCD which is due to arrive late September. This will be first AS (1st trailer for that fact) and wife and I are looking forward to the experience. We decided to order from factory to get a few features that we did not see on dealer's lot. I must admit I am a little dissapointed in AS factory as disc brakes are not available on this line of AS for 2006, yet are available on Classic line, and unit can be retrofitted by factory, but not before I take delivery. So this means a trip from Houston to factory - not the initial trip I was planning to make. Also wanted a Generator plug outlet on front of trailer - again not available on this line, but available on Classic.

I have read on this forum, and others, about QC issues at AS factory in the past. We will go over unit with a fine tooth comb at delivery, but it sounds like a factory trip will be in the cards anyway.

Comments appreciated.
28totow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 01:12 PM   #10
Rivet Master

2005 28' International CCD
Pagosa Springs , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by 28totow
Have ordered 2006 28CCD which is due to arrive late September. This will be first AS (1st trailer for that fact) and wife and I are looking forward to the experience. We decided to order from factory to get a few features that we did not see on dealer's lot. I must admit I am a little dissapointed in AS factory as disc brakes are not available on this line of AS for 2006, yet are available on Classic line, and unit can be retrofitted by factory, but not before I take delivery. So this means a trip from Houston to factory - not the initial trip I was planning to make. Also wanted a Generator plug outlet on front of trailer - again not available on this line, but available on Classic.

I have read on this forum, and others, about QC issues at AS factory in the past. We will go over unit with a fine tooth comb at delivery, but it sounds like a factory trip will be in the cards anyway.

Comments appreciated.
You don't need to go to the factory to have the brakes installed. I just had them installed by Roger Williams Airstream in Weatherford TX, by Ft. Worth so it's only a 4 -5 hour drive for you. Here's the link http://www.rogerwilliams.com/ Ask for David Tidmore

Tin Hut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 03:53 PM   #11

Eureka it's fitted sheets

After fighting with bedding for a couple of months in my 22 CCD I got in touch with an outfit called Recreational Specialties who advertise in the Airstream Magazine for bedding and tried to order fitted sheets. Of course, they had fitted sheets for every Airstream out there except the 22.
They sent me out a package with the material to make a pattern and I did and mailed it back. After months of fighting with bedding I now have a matteress pad and fitted sheets. It sure makes for a much better nights sleep. They now have the pattern for sheets of 46x77x10 sheets and mattress pad of 46x77x8
If you would like to get sheets that fit here's the Address.

Recreational Specialties
801-294-6490
www.rv-boat.com

22 Skadoo.....

Tags
2005 international