Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-10-2002, 12:11 PM   #1
Contributing Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
2003 International CCD

The June 2002 "Blue Beret" has cover photos of the CCD interior. The photos were apparently either taken through filters or heavily post-processed because they do not reflect my impressions of the CCD. The photos have a kind of dreamy, sepia feeling whereas I found the interior to be very bright. I was raised in the northeast (PA) and I found the CCD interior to be bright and shiny, very much like the diners that I knew in my youth.
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2002, 12:33 PM   #2
uwe

2007 25' Safari FB SE
1958 22' Flying Cloud
1974 29' Ambassador
Yucca Valley , California
Send a message via Skype™ to uwe
Agree

I agree, bright and shiny. It did have an orange glow to it with the lights on behind the sliding overhead doors, though. I thought they did a great job designing it. I appreciate them trying to present some appeal to people terribly bored with conventional TT interiors.
Unfortunately, the trailer I checked out here in SoCal was poorly executed. The quality and finish level was disappointing. I felt many unfinished aluminum edges, sharp enough to cause at least discomfort when touched, possibly even cuts. Also, the unit had a broken room divider screen, and the overall feel was less than confidence inspiring. Someone bought it, because it is gone now, so my concerns apparently did not matter to the new owner....
The sister model with the AS interior seemed close to flawless in comparison to the CCD. Actually mor homey feeling, but definitely mainstream. It is good to see these trailers on magazine covers and featured in the digests etc. Perhaps one or the other reader will become an airstream fan because of it.
Uwe
uwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2002, 02:06 AM   #3
2 Rivet Member

2007 28' International CCD
las vegas , Nevada
Smile Finally got CCD Delivered

Hello to all you CCD Fans,

I just took delivery of my 2003 International CCD here in Las Vegas, NV from Southwest Coaches in Irvine, CA. Am very happy with the decision.. The ultra cool interior is very relaxing with a great Sony cassette, am/fm player & CD player playing in the background.
Still parked but looking forward to a coming weekend getaway.

Many good design ideas... large windows over the dinette on "patio" side, lots of lights, computer desk is very cool, while your partner is at the dinette.. gives 2 work spaces. I could go on and on. LOVE IT!

Will report on first "outing" soon. Really enjoying the forums, thanks to all the "regulars" for all your ideas and knowledge. Keep up the good work.

Bette Leal

betteleal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2003, 07:06 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

2004 International CCD 25C

The wife and I bought a 2004 International CCD 25C on July 10, 2003. We didn't know that A/S even made a 25 foot CCD until we saw it at the Dealership in Lithia Springs, GA (just outside of Atlanta on I-20 West, exit 44). They also had a 28 foot CCD, but my Toyota Tundra couldn't pull the 28 foot, which was 7200 lbs GVWR. The CCD 25C was 6300 lbs GVWR, which is within my 7100 lb capacity. I just purchased the Hensley Arrow hitch and will have it installed tomorrow (7/22), and plan to head to the beach for the weekend to see how it all works. I've been pleased so far with the craftsmanship of the trailer. There were a couple of minor things, but nothing I can't deal with. For the most part, it seems to be a quality constructed trailer. This is my first A/S, and after dealing with SOBs for so long, this trailer is a dream come true.
Old 10-27-2006, 08:50 PM   #5

truckee , California
Hi Bette,
Out of curoisity, if you don't mind me asking....How much did you pay for your trailer. Only reason I'm asking is I've been looking for a 22' CCD and I found a 2002 for about 29,000 and I'm wondering if that's a fair price.
Do you like yur CCD? What year is it? Any advice would be great!
Thanks,
Sandy
sandyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 10:37 PM   #6
4 Rivet Member

2002 22' International CCD
San Luis Obispo , California
sandyb,
We bought our 2002 22' CCD in 2004 (it was two years old and in very good condition). At that time we paid $25,000 for it from a private party, which seemed a reasonable price based on other used CCDs we had seen advertised. So, it seems to me that $29,000 for a 2002 22' CCD is high, unless it is in PERFECT condition. Hope this is helpful. Oh by the way..... we absolutely LOVE our Airstream!
wbrownrr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2003 international