Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Sovereign > 1992 - 1996 Sovereign
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-01-2017, 03:15 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1993 21' Sovereign
Currently Looking...
Winter Haven , Florida
Interior changes

Good Afternoon,

Hoping to get ideas and couple of suggestions from fellow Sovereign 21 owners.

I want to change out all light fixtures from the square plastic to something a bit more modern/stylish. Also planning to change all bulbs to LED. one brand better than another.

The kitchen cabinet slide/rail that holds drawers is held in place w a plastic U bracket assembly. My top two will no longer stay in the track of assembly I have tightened and reseated twice and the rail continues to fall out of plastic mount. Anyone change, improve or replace with new?

The accordion door latch is broken and catch missing. Anyone have a source?

Lastly, I'm going to change out counter tops in kitchen and bedroom area, any thoughts on materials. I have seen photos where kitchen counter extended to area where flip up portion is in place. Has anyone done this and does it get in way?

Thanks,
Darryl
oceanicdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 12:09 AM   #2
2 Rivet Member

2017 23' Flying Cloud
2016 Interstate Lounge Ext
New England , Ontario
I am also planning of a renovation and is right now doing the research part. I have never used the brand you mentioned.
The chic lighting ideas brighten our kitchen with style. Strategically install lights to spotlight important areas of your kitchen. Use wall mount lamps to illuminate work zones, such as sink, island and stove top.
Garden Fresh palette gives afresh faced look for your kitchen.
I prefer contrasting color kitchen countertops. Bold color choices include yellows, oranges, lime green, white and black combination. You can choose from casual, contemporary, rustic or traditional cabinet ideas.
Have colorful backsplash tiles. I read in an article that don't select kitchen countertops solely based on the appearance. Consider the durability, affordability and maintenance factors while choosing the countertops (http://www.bedfordbrooks.com/kitchen...n-countertops/). Save your space by utilizing walls, ceiling mounted rack, adding wiring racks to kitchen cabinets and choosing single bowl sink that is undermounted.
Be it countertop, bar-style eating, or cutting board; fold down surfaces are an effective way of using horizontal workspace in your kitchen.
EdwardCharet is offline   Reply With Quote