Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-20-2017, 12:28 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1994 30' Excella
1994 31' Legacy 30
morro bay , California
cleaning thermal pleated curtains 1998 excella

hi. what is the best way to clean dust etc from thermal pleated curtains ?
removal looks daunting, vacuuming is not enough to remove dust, etc.
Ive been living in my trailer past 4 years on a ranch ( dusty ) now living on the coast and curtains apear discolored.
Thanks for suggestions.
Cstoned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 05:09 PM   #2
3 Rivet Member

1991 29' Excella
Tulsa , Oklahoma
I have a '91 Excella with curtain that attach to a railing with little elastic pieces that have a slide that goes into the railing. They are pleated, but don't know about them being thermal.

I recently had a stain on one panel and talked to several dry cleaning shops. I was told that they can't be dry cleaned, but found one that washed and ironed it. It looks great.

Also, its a real pain taking them off and putting them back on All I can say is if you do, be sure and keep track of which panel goes where and which side goes up.

Good luck
Dickandvicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 05:00 PM   #3

2001 31' Excella
Munday , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dickandvicki View Post
I have a '91 Excella with curtain that attach to a railing with little elastic pieces that have a slide that goes into the railing. They are pleated, but don't know about them being thermal.

I recently had a stain on one panel and talked to several dry cleaning shops. I was told that they can't be dry cleaned, but found one that washed and ironed it. It looks great.

Also, its a real pain taking them off and putting them back on All I can say is if you do, be sure and keep track of which panel goes where and which side goes up.

Good luck

My wife and I took all the curtains off of the tracks and ran through the clothes washer on delicate cycle and had no trouble at all she did use a pre-stain treatment to spray on before they went in the washer for some stains and they were not very difficult to take off the tracks, putting them back on was just a little time-consuming
Bibbers is offline   Reply With Quote