Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Excella > 1990 - 1993 Excella
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-21-2016, 01:54 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1993 25' Excella
Colville , Washington
New Owner 93 Excella

I have several questions, as I am new to Airstream.
My Hydroflame furnace is mounted under the range, with an access door just below the Oven that opens to the air box for the duct work. Below this door next to the floor, it looks like someone has attached a plywood panel the width of the range. In looking around the living area, I do not see any return air grill that would supply air back to the furnace blower. Was there originally a return air grill below the range?

The Airstream owners manual refers to the shore power cord being stored in the storage compartment and fed out thru a slot formed at the end of the cover for use. Mine has the power cord stored on a pull out, drop down rack in the rear lower compartment on the left side of the trailer. The cord is fed out thru a slot in the rear of the door. It is hard to close up the door tightly with the cord hanging on it.

Thanks for any info.
CurtH93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 06:10 AM   #2
'90 Excella 25C

1990 25' Excella
Wells , Maine
Just got Dad's old 90' Excella as a hand-me-down. Yes, the space under the oven is the return air. The owner's manual says NOT to block that gap below the oven. If memory serves, area of a return air duct should be greater than the total area of all heat ducts. I have 3 4" ducts so I need 37 sq in minimum. Remember, if you put a screen on it you'll need to increase that to account for the area covered by the wire, usually 50%
jerunamuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 02:06 PM   #3
1 Rivet Member

1993 25' Excella
Colville , Washington
Thanks for the info. I thought there should be a path for the return air to the furnacs. Someone had covered this with a panel. We tried the Excella for our first campout a week ago. We down sized from a 32' 5th wheel.
CurtH93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 09:00 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

1992 32' Excella
Elma , Washington
Mine is missing the cover and left with a open hole. I will be making a custom vent cover to match the cabinet.