Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-23-2004, 01:56 PM   #1
AIR #6370

2001 27' Safari
Bella Vista , Arkansas
Question Paint scheme

I have a '90 A/S Excella. I'd like to know the color scheme for the front A-frame hitch assembly. A previous owner evidently painted it with a light grey enamel. If I were to guess, it should probably the dark indigo or charcoal black. Any ideas and where might I buy the proper paint?
hmsteader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004, 11:00 PM   #2
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by hmsteader
I have a '90 A/S Excella. I'd like to know the color scheme for the front A-frame hitch assembly. A previous owner evidently painted it with a light grey enamel. If I were to guess, it should probably the dark indigo or charcoal black. Any ideas and where might I buy the proper paint?
Most A-frames were originally painted silver to blend in with the aluminum body of the trailer. I have seen a post listing the closest color to match the OEM paint, a forum search under "tongue paint color" should find it for you.
Terry
Old 10-24-2004, 10:07 AM   #3
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmsteader
hmsteader, this thread http://www.airforums.com/forum...uplicolor+gray
discusses this subject. I use Duplicolor T183W Gray, from any Auto store, such as NAPA, or Wal-Mart.
Nick
Old 10-24-2004, 06:15 PM   #4
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickcrowhurst
hmsteader, this thread http://www.airforums.com/forum...uplicolor+gray
discusses this subject. I use Duplicolor T183W Gray, from any Auto store, such as NAPA, or Wal-Mart.
Nick
Thank you, Nick.I knew it was in there somewhere. BTW, have you come back to the States yet, or still across the pond?
Terry
Old 10-25-2004, 12:13 AM   #5
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by argosy20
Thank you, Nick.I knew it was in there somewhere. BTW, have you come back to the States yet, or still across the pond?
Terry
Terry, I'm still in England, watching the wind and rain. I'll be in Maryland in a fortnight (that's not an American word, is it?), and down in North Florida about the end of November. We're looking forward to meeting all our friends down there, and, of course, Airstream spotting! We'll be down in the Everglades and the Keys with our sea kayak over Christmas and January. Nick.
Old 11-27-2004, 09:24 AM   #6
4 Rivet Member

correct color

It is called duplicolor "graphite grey" Or you can use gunmetal metallic grey.
both match well. better than paying 20.00 bucks for the OEM grey
0557 is offline   Reply With Quote