Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-25-2013, 08:03 AM   #21
Rivet Master

2020 27' Globetrotter
1999 25' Safari
Somewhere , Ohio
TincanRitz,

I am going to start a new thread entitled "''99 25' Safari Interior" so that I'm not hijacking ChasMorgan's thread here. If you'd like, please check it out and I'll respond to your question and later today I'll post a pic or two of our bedroom.

Deb
Air Cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 01:50 PM   #22
3 Rivet Member

1999 23' Safari
Austin , Texas
Please continue on! I'm learning a lot! This has been very helpful for our 99 Safari 23'. Thanks for your input.
Old 07-28-2013, 09:03 AM   #23
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Cleveland , Tennessee
Sorry Chasmorgan, I never intended to hijack your thread. I only tried to answer the question of what's behind the fabric wall in posts 1,2, and 9.

AIR 22749 WBCCI 2349 NOVA TAC TN-6
1989 345 LE Classic Motorhome
3 Dog Nite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 08:41 AM   #24
Rivet Master

2020 27' Globetrotter
1999 25' Safari
Somewhere , Ohio
Actually, since ChasMorgan so graciously invited us to continue on in this thread, I posted on that other thread that I'd move back over here so everything about our '99 Safaris could be here.

Deb
Old 07-30-2013, 08:19 AM   #25
Rivet Master

1999 25' Safari
Denver , Colorado
Posting here, so I can see the threads ... awesome data gathering going on
Wendy
Old 07-31-2013, 07:35 AM   #26
2 Rivet Member

2001 25' Safari
Wayne , New Jersey
Hi Air Cruiser,

We did decide to gut the Airstream since we found some leaks that needed to be repaired. We are waiting for flooring before we reassemble the interior. I haven't sewn in years, but now my fingers are itchy after seeing your curtains. I like the idea of leaving them loose on the bottom. If I make a pattern set for the center back window it can be a modified headboard for our bed. Did you use anything to firm up the top of the curtains (buckram, I think)? I have blackout fabric to sew into them. Hoping you post more pictures : )
TincanRitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 08:44 AM   #27
Rivet Master

2020 27' Globetrotter
1999 25' Safari
Somewhere , Ohio
Hi TincanRitz! Yes, I did use a stiff buckram. I'd like to say, tho, that I only used it because of the type of heading I put into the treats. I normally don't use buckram any longer when fabricating for my business, that is, I only use it when absolutely necessary or if the client requests it. Not using it gives more of a relaxed, updated look. But, in our AS, I didn't use a true pleat, I just took a tuck to the back where I wanted the drapery pin so that the drapes would flow front to back. I did leave the track on the bottom of the wall in case in the future someone wanted to do something different.

I'm sorry I haven't posted more pictures, but it's been a little busy around here. We had rain coming (starting last night) again, so I wanted to work outside on the Bubble as much as possible -- cleaning out the old sealant from the seams so we can continue on with the polishing. Also, my Dad who is 96yrs. old lives with us and I take care of him, so that takes time too.

Have you chosen the flooring you are going to use? If so, what did you decide to go with?

Deb
Old 08-10-2013, 06:11 AM   #28
2 Rivet Member

2001 25' Safari
Wayne , New Jersey
Hi Air Cruiser,
We are installing Bruce engineered hardwood flooring in natural maple. We will probably finish the flooring today (husband had business trip) and then we will spray paint the cabinets we built. I will post a picture when we are finished with the flooring.

I've decided to use some gimping on the curtains behind the couch. I found a great resource online, onlinefabrics.com. I bought 36 yards of grey gimp for $16! I have my sewing machine all primed for the curtains in the bedroom area.

We are still trying to decide on a counter top solution. There is a company near us Granite Transformations that we are going to look into.

How is your project going?

Cheryl
TincanRitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 08:58 AM   #29
Rivet Master

2020 27' Globetrotter
1999 25' Safari
Somewhere , Ohio
Hi Cheryl!

Sounds as tho you have a lot going on, but isn't that fun!? Excited to see your pics.

I'll go out later to take a pic of our bedroom area to post; someone asked for a picture of it (we did a quick change from twin to queen -- took the easy way for that in case we ever wanted to go back to twins).

I also will be interested in seeing what you decide about your countertops; we still have ours to do (and install new sinks) -- I take it the Granite Transformations is a faux granite? (Thinking of the weight of natural granite.) (I'd also like to install some aluminum skins around for some of the walls.

Well, we have a couple of projects going on just now. We haven't really been working on our '99 Safari; we have been working on our '56 Bubble tho. We are planning to do more polishing this afternoon. Once that's done, I can seal all of the seams/windows/door and then I can get into the interior to start removing interior skins and begin the really fun part. I'm so excited about doing the interior! Fall will be here before you know it, and I would like to have it insulated/wired/new skins installed before cold weather so I can then use a small ceramic heater while working out there in the cold weather.

Thanks for sharing.

Deb
Old 08-11-2013, 06:27 PM   #30
Rivet Master

2020 27' Globetrotter
1999 25' Safari
Somewhere , Ohio
I took a few pics of our bedroom area. First, as you can see, it isn't as easy to make the bed as a walk-around would be, but then, we also have the option to go back to twins if we should decide to without much fuss.

Unfortunately, I don't feel the pics show how much room we have on either side of the mattress -- it is quite a bit, and we use it when moving down the road to place items which we don't want to move around, such as our TV and our wall clock. We use extra pillows to pack around them and it works out great.

We have discussed building a small box-type low night stand, but haven't done it yet, DH just sits the alarm beside him on the floor.

I didn't have the pillow shams/pillows on, but I did place the quilt and you can see our bedskirt (box-pleated in center) -- both which are made out of cotton duck animal print and are washable (self-lined).

By the way, the fabric I used in the bedroom for the window treatments is the same fabric we used to reupholster the wall in the living area (this ties the two areas together).

Deb
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1040.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	299.2 KB
ID:	192961   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1041.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	334.1 KB
ID:	192962  

Name:	IMG_1042.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	451.1 KB
ID:	192963   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1048.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	471.9 KB
ID:	192964  

Old 08-19-2013, 11:39 AM   #31
Rivet Master

2020 27' Globetrotter
1999 25' Safari
Somewhere , Ohio
As info, we are currently checking into replacing our taillights with LED taillights. Has anyone else done this? If so, which ones did you use, where did you get them, and if you don't mind, would you please share the cost?

Thanks.

Deb
Old 08-18-2014, 08:30 PM   #32
1 Rivet Member

1999 25' Safari
mesa , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Cruiser View Post

By the way, the fabric I used in the bedroom for the window treatments is the same fabric we used to reupholster the wall in the living area (this ties the two areas together).

Deb

We ended up removing all the fabric and painted the wall, installed a digital thermometer and install a TV.

Name:	ImageUploadedByAirstream Forums1408415442.048412.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	645.4 KB
ID:	219346
kevhumphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 08:42 PM   #33
3 Rivet Member

1999 23' Safari
Austin , Texas
How did you attached the tv bracket? If wood screws what length.
Or did you pull out the fridge and thru bolt? Thanks for the pictures,

Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums
Old 08-18-2014, 11:08 PM   #34
1 Rivet Member

1999 25' Safari
mesa , Arizona
I used this tv mount from amazon. I also used the same length screws that were used for the thermometer. I believe a half inch but you can remove one from the therm to check. I knew that they were not going to be very long so I reinforced the mount with the 3m wall sticks.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
kevhumphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 11:20 AM   #35
2 Rivet Member

Hi,

I also have a 1999 Safari 23. I have a question about what is behind the wall covering in the nose? I removed the gaucho and replaced it with a sleeper sofa. Behind the gaucho is 4 pieces of wood which at some point enclosed the inverter and electrical connections. That has mostly fallen apart. I attempted re-screwing the 1x1 supports into the wall, but don't seem to have anything to screw in to. Maybe I'm not pushing hard enough.
What is in there?
Libbitt is offline   Reply With Quote