Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-30-2009, 05:57 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1997 25' Safari
Camden , South Carolina
'97 Safari 25' - reinstall of couch & jacks

Hello all - I've got a 1997 Safari that the previous owner removed the front couch/sofa bed. I'm going to re-install the couch, just wanted to know if there is anything beneath that I could hit (hoses, wires, etc.)

Since the trailer now has vinyl flooring it is hard to pull this up to determine exactly where the couch was installed before. Anyone have one that could give me the approximate locations for frame so I could use as a guideline for re-installing the couch?

Also, this trailer for some reason doesn't have front jacks, never seen an airstream that didn't have these? Doesn't appear there is a location for them either? Does anyopne have a 97 Safari 25' that could let me know if they have front jacks? My trailer only has rear, and front stand for the jacks to stablize trailer. Thanks for input from everyone!
25Safari_97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 01:34 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Hi, at this point you might only be able to guess where the bolt holes for the gaucho are. Mine had a long white box in the very front of my trailer and the gaucho was mounted very close to it. I would center the gaucho in place and with the gaucho made into a bed, give the walls about an inch clearance. The hold down bolts on mine were very long, so I don't think you will hit anything. I have since remodeled mine and relocated my gaucho. If you check out my Blog, you can see where my gaucho was before I started. You should have one tongue jack and four stabilizers, two in the front and two in the rear. Possibly the front ones were damaged and the previous owner removed them. There should be bolt holes where they were mounted.
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
ROBERTSUNRUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 07:04 AM   #3
2 Rivet Member

2008 28' Safari SE
1997 25' Safari
1976 25' Tradewind
Tucson , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkrushr View Post
Hello all - I've got a 1997 Safari that the previous owner removed the front couch/sofa bed. I'm going to re-install the couch, just wanted to know if there is anything beneath that I could hit (hoses, wires, etc.)

Since the trailer now has vinyl flooring it is hard to pull this up to determine exactly where the couch was installed before. Anyone have one that could give me the approximate locations for frame so I could use as a guideline for re-installing the couch?

Also, this trailer for some reason doesn't have front jacks, never seen an airstream that didn't have these? Doesn't appear there is a location for them either? Does anyopne have a 97 Safari 25' that could let me know if they have front jacks? My trailer only has rear, and front stand for the jacks to stablize trailer. Thanks for input from everyone!
Hi MKRUSHR,
Did you have success with reinstallation of the guacho in front of your Safari? Did the bolts clear wires, etc. and how did you know where to drill them in? I am about to refloor and want to be sure not to hit anything. It has been years since you posted so hope you still are looking at the forum and still have your silver bullet! Thanks for your reply!
Hankster is offline   Reply With Quote