Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Classic > 2001 - 2005 Classic
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-22-2003, 08:05 AM   #1
Contributing Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
She is home - 2003 Classic!

I picked up my new Classic 25 at the dealer first thing yesterday morning and towed it home. As I had predicted, there is no way it will go up the driveway, so it is parked at the edge of the road. I used my garden tractor with a cart to tote all the stuff out to it. I spent most of the day stowing things.

Wife, who had no inkling that this was happening got home about 3 PM and never noticed the different trailer. I told her to come out and see what I had done to the interor of the trailer. She walked past it, still without an inkling, stopped in the door, looked at the couch, looked puzzled, and said "How did you do that?" Anyhow, she fell in immediate love with it.

Quick trip to Home Depot this morning for paper towel holder, dish towel ring, and some brass screws to mount my ship's clock and barometer.

BTW: Just got word that a friend bashed his 22' CCD on a tree while backing into his own driveway. Smashed 3 segments in the rear/
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 09:56 AM   #2
Just an old timer...

2004 22' Interstate
Tipton , Iowa
Congrats...

Hi, John!

May you, your wife and your new Classic enjoy many years together!

Roger
85MH325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 09:59 AM   #3
qqq
4 Rivet Member

Pics, Pics!

Hart
qqq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 10:06 AM   #4
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
I agree....pics, pics...I'm a visual learner!

Eric
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 01:44 PM   #5
Contributing Member

Ready to roll

I spent the morning installing such items as a clock, a barometer, a paper towel roller and window shades over the two Fantastic Fans (kept from old trailer) plus stowing the last of the odds and ends from the old trailer. Plus, I stretched out on the bed to think about a few things and woke up an hour later.

I still have a lot of stuff to find a permanent home for. I moved from a trailer with 10 drawers to one with 4; there is about as much total drawer capacity in the new trailer, but a lot less accessibility. My hiking gear has found a new home in plastic crates in the big underbed storage.

Maurice, more and more I envy anyone who can full time in an Airstream, even in a 34-footer.

I'll take some photos this afternoon.
WBCCI #9632
Old 10-22-2003, 02:02 PM   #6
Rivet Master

Austin , Texas
Re: She is home!

Quote:
Originally posted by Pahaska
As I had predicted, there is no way it will go up the driveway, so it is parked at the edge of the road.

Congratulations on your new unit,

But why won't it back up your driveway? I thought I would have had the same problem when I went from my 22' Minuet to my 27' Overlander but it fit in it's spot like a glove.

I knew you had gotten a new truck but a new trailer as well? Were those WBCCI'ers giving you a ribbing on your teeney-weany-to-them AS or what?

Chas
Chas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 04:02 PM   #7
Contributing Member

Re: Re: She is home!

Quote:
Originally posted by Chas

But why won't it back up your driveway? I thought I would have had the same problem when I went from my 22' Minuet to my 27' Overlander but it fit in it's spot like a glove.

I knew you had gotten a new truck but a new trailer as well? Were those WBCCI'ers giving you a ribbing on your teeney-weany-to-them AS or what?

Chas
My driveway goes up steeply from a high crowned street. Even the 22' would usually drag till I put wheels on the drag bars. With the crown of the road, the overhang of the trailer is just right to jam into the driveway if backed in or drag on the street if pulled in. There are some nasty marks out there; some of them mine and some of them from others that tried to turn around here.

They are about to build across the street. I'll pay their driveway crew a few dollars to cut the bank away a bit in front of my place so that I can get the trailer backed fully off the street and close to my driveway. I started the excavating job a year ago by hand and ran into a solid ledge of limestone.

Actually, the WBCCI folks all admired the old trailer, however, I have ended up travelling with 2 cats and a wife and the old one was getting pretty cramped. After the AS, I just can't believe all of the walking around space in the 25.
WBCCI #9632
Old 10-22-2003, 04:58 PM   #8
uwe

2007 25' Safari FB SE
1958 22' Flying Cloud
1974 29' Ambassador
Yucca Valley , California
Send a message via Skype™ to uwe
John,
congrats on the new trailer.
Old 10-23-2003, 11:39 AM   #9
4 Rivet Member

2004 25' International CCD
Salem , Massachusetts
Absolutely Congratulations John!

Now it's time for the pics!!! We're all curious, especially of all the mods you'll be doing...seen your excellent jobs with your 22'.

By the way...she's home...he's gone...I imagine it's still a little sad, the separation, but it's time to upgrade your avatar and text under it!

Pics, pics!!

LOL for the "surprise" you gave your wife! Great idea! Better than a diamond! AS are forever too!!!!!!!!
Old 10-23-2003, 11:50 AM   #10
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally posted by KIMILI
Absolutely Congratulations John!

Now it's time for the pics!!! We're all curious, especially of all the mods you'll be doing...seen your excellent jobs with your 22'.

By the way...she's home...he's gone...I imagine it's still a little sad, the separation, but it's time to upgrade your avatar and text under it!

Pics, pics!!

LOL for the "surprise" you gave your wife! Great idea! Better than a diamond! AS are forever too!!!!!!!!
Thanks for the reminder. I purposly had the avitar and the signature different while waiting for delivery.

Yes, I'll miss the AS, but it is going to a new home. A couple already has a deposit on it. They came out to the storage yard Sunday and got a personal tour, then went to the dealer and plopped down a deposit.

I forgot the camera yesterday and again this morning when going out to the storage yard to attend to little details like mounting the level and shortening the safety chains. I think I'll wait now untill I have a little better environment before taking photos of it.

And, yes, I already have a list of little modifications planned. Nothing like the AS, though. Mainly little things to better make use of the storage spaces.
WBCCI #9632

Tags
2003 classic