Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Classic > 2001 - 2005 Classic
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-09-2004, 11:05 AM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2005 19' Safari
West Palm Beach , Florida
Classic 25A / Classic 25B

Drove over to Bates RV in Tampa, FL last weekend. (The dealer that advertises with a picture of a cow saying "Save a lot of Moo-la")

We were able to go back and forth between a Classic 25A with twin beds and a Classic 25B with the queen bed. The twin bed version seemed to have a lot more room in it. We really liked that feeling of spaciousness in a relatively compact unit.

Seems like there is always something NOT to like. For us, it was the half carpet / half vinyl floor. The vinyl floor choice for the 2004 Classic models seems quite unattractive to both of us. We are going to check with Airstream to see about ordering with no carpet and all vinyl flooring with a "hardwood floors" look.
2005 Dodge Ram 3500 CTD QuadCab SRW Long Bed
Sir Wooferman Wellington, Cock-a-poo Watch Pup
DreamStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 12:21 PM   #2
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
When I went through the process, I did get a positive response from the factory when it came to flooring options.

Eric
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 03:10 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
San Jose , California
I saw the "hardwood" floor looking vinyl at the RV show. I really liked how it looked. I would deffinitely have the factory install all vinyl- it would look great. Might not even cost anything.

NorCal Fall Rally, Jackson Rancheria, October 7-9 2011 Click here for more info

Come rally with us.
Big Dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 03:24 PM   #4
3 Rivet Member

Richmond , Virginia
My 2004 Bambi will come with "headwood" vinyl. Looks great!

WBCCI #2468
2006 Ford F-150 Lariart 4X4
2004 19' Bambi Safari LS
luckydc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 03:47 PM   #5
3 Rivet Member

1985 25' Sovereign
St Cloud , Minnesota
Do you know if that hardwood vinyl can be purchased outright. i would like to put it in half of my AS
WBCCI #7528
MN Unit
pyanke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 04:08 PM   #6
3 Rivet Member

Richmond , Virginia
I'd assume any reputable flooring store can get it for you, if they don't already have it.

WBCCI #2468
2006 Ford F-150 Lariart 4X4
2004 19' Bambi Safari LS
luckydc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 04:26 PM   #7
Rivet Master

There are some new flooring materials that use kevlar fibers in the matrix that are extremely impressive. A local flooring store has installed a large are with some in a wood-look pattern and it is very handsome. The price per yard is rather high, but you need so few yards, if you are willing to seam it.

Mark
j54mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 02:03 PM   #8
GSL Piper

, Missouri
Exclamation Vinal vs Carpet vs Vinyl & Carpet

We just got our 2004 Classic 28A after having a 2002 Safari 25B. 2X the storage & much more comfort, really an improvement. Our flooring is the combo vinyl & carpet with mint green interior. I like the vinyl in the heavy traffic areas but also the carpet by the couch & in the bedroom.

We found in our Safari that an area rug & a runner help cut the dirt even on carpet & have used it again in the Classic. Be careful & use a no skid device as area rugs do creep.

Down side on the carpet is the factory installed plastic cover over the carpet. During our check out nights at the dealer (Bill Thomas) I found condensate between the plastic & carpet in the outside storage lockers. Bad news . . ., get as much of the plastic out as you can, it will cause mildew. Worst part is its under the couch & bed frames you will leave remnants here & there.
gslpiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 05:19 PM   #9

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
Quote:
Originally Posted by gslpiper
During our check out nights at the dealer (Bill Thomas) I found condensate between the plastic & carpet in the outside storage lockers. Bad news . . ., get as much of the plastic out as you can, it will cause mildew. Worst part is its under the couch & bed frames you will leave remnants here & there.
Hi, Karl! Welcome to the forum. Karl is a member of the local WBCCI unit here in St. Louis, and plays a mean bagpipe!!!! Karl spent his first nights in his new Classic, just as we did up at the dealer's during our local unit rally a couple of weekends ago.

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2004 classic