Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Classic > 2001 - 2005 Classic
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-15-2010, 08:08 PM   #1
Oxblood

2003 34' Classic
Austin , Texas
Anyone ferry a 34' 2003 Classic up inside passage

My wife, 2 labs and myself plan to drive from Texas to Prince Rupert and sail up to Skagway this May. From there we plan to AL-CAN to spend another 4-5 weeks in Alaska. Yeah, lots of dough for the ferry lift. Am researching Pressure Pro TPMS, gravel guards like Enkay RockTamer and fishing guides. Have any of you A/S lovers ever put your baby through a triplike this? Best wishes to all who love to do things. drsneed
oxblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 08:13 PM   #2
Just an old timer...

2004 22' Interstate
Tipton , Iowa
I have not taken a 34' up the inland passage or on the Al-Can highway. I did, however, own a 34' tri-axle for three years, and I have been up the inland passage and through Alaska by road. I'm not sure I'd be interested in the slightest in dragging a 34' on any roads in Alaska... a 25' maybe... but not a 34'. Good luck tho!

Roger
85MH325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 08:25 PM   #3
4 Rivet Member

2007 27' Safari FB SE
Full Timers just passing through , Arizona for a couple of weeks and then on to Utah!
I have taken my 27 up the highway for the last two years and am headed up again starting tomorrow. It can be done with a 34 but expect dings..no matter how good your rock guards are. The roads in Alaska are very similar to county roads or Farm to Market roads in Texas, with a lot of construction and gravel. Understand that summer is the only time that they have to do road repair and there is a ton of it!

Have fun and don't stress the dings..I refer to mine as badges of courage.

Your dogs will not like the ferry. Be sure to check the rules because they will be forced to stay below deck and you can only be with them when the ship is in port. Mostly that will be in the middle of the night..check the ferry schedules closely.

Have fun and send me text..I will be in Skagway most of the summer and would love to say hello in person.

Tags
2003 classic