RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 09-30-2003, 07:49 AM   #21
4 Rivet Member

1975 25' Tradewind
, Michigan
Send a message via AIM to eikel1we
Boy! Geez-o-pete! CONGRATS to the Canavaras also!! I hope I don't get jealous from all these new A/Ss!
Glad to hear the Mackinaw City Rally is in the stages of planning and that you all will be there.

suz
2004 GMC Yukon XL 2500
Michigan - "middle of the mitt"
eikel1we is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2003, 10:19 AM   #22
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Well, I don't know too much about how much planning is being done at this very, very early stage, but I find it's been on my mind lately.

Eric
Computers manufactured by companies such as IBM, Compaq and millions of others are by far the most popular with about 70 million machines in use worldwide. Macintosh fans note that cockroaches are far more numerous than humans and that numbers alone do not denote a higher life form. -NY Times 11/91
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2003, 11:28 AM   #23
4 Rivet Member

2004 25' International CCD
Salem , Massachusetts
Quote:
13.5k BTU upgrade (from the standard 11k BTU unit)--I upgraded further for $200 to get the 15k BTU unit and the Classic comfort control system which controls both the A/C and the furnace from one thermostat on the wall.
WOW ! That's a great upgrade.
We didn't even know you could get that...

Well done Eric, hope to see your new "Twinkie" some day soon, maybe at the forums rally!
Old 09-30-2003, 02:07 PM   #24
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Hey thanks...

I tried to have them install the rear window that you have in the 25' CCD six sleeper and before I even finished my sentence, Vicki at Airstream said no way..."that's a Classic and International window".....didn't matter if I was going to pay more for that or not.

It was a bit disappointing, but hey, win some, loose some. It still has a fantastic fan that will create some breeze.

I'll admit, I was a bit hesitant to get the 15k unit because Airstream and others had me all worried it would cool too quickly and then not take out the humidity. Some folks said it was too small of a trailer for that unit, but then one day I happened to see the Classic 25' spec sheet and sure enough, it was there as an option. It very well may cool down too quickly, but I took a calculated risk. For $200, even if I was wrong, I'd consider it a learning exp.

Eric
Computers manufactured by companies such as IBM, Compaq and millions of others are by far the most popular with about 70 million machines in use worldwide. Macintosh fans note that cockroaches are far more numerous than humans and that numbers alone do not denote a higher life form. -NY Times 11/91
Old 09-30-2003, 03:25 PM   #25
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
BTW, Jack Canavera also just ordered a 30' Classic S/O.

He also made a great point....since both these units are being constructed and not sitting on a dealer lot, these units should start to reflect the QC upgrades that Airstream has been talking about. Knowing that it is a hand crafted unit, zero defect would be nice, but not very realisitc. I do expect that the units coming off the lines now should have a noticable improvment from the '03 models as you all know I currently have.

As we take delivery, I for one will be happy to post how the overall quality of the unit is comparted to my '03.

I have a feeling that given all the work they have done and the conversations that have taken place, that you all should be hearing some great things.....if not, well, I'm sure you'll hear a few groans as well and draw your own conclusions about going the new route....

On a positive note though, I am even more excited than I was last week. December can't arrive fast enough....

Eric
Old 09-30-2003, 03:28 PM   #26
4 Rivet Member

Salem , Massachusetts
Quote:
It very well may cool down too quickly, but I took a calculated risk. For $200, even if I was wrong, I'd consider it a learning exp.
Absolutely! You did right.
If it were to cool down to fast you can always adjust the temp with your remote control

Don't forget to post pics when you get it!!

The window...well if your fans work correctly (ours is still problematic even after the dealer fixed it, it's going back again for repairs) you'll be fine.
Old 09-30-2003, 03:33 PM   #27
4 Rivet Member

Salem , Massachusetts
Smile

Hey Eric!
Since all the papers have been signed isn't it time to change your unit under the avatar??!!

What about..."expecting a custom 25' SS "
Old 09-30-2003, 03:33 PM   #28
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
I surely will post photos!

BTW, speaking of meeting at one of the forum rallys, keep the Mackinaw thing tucked in the back of your mind.

I am really thinking that we might be able to swing this longer event depending on when it happens. I'm thinking 2nd week of July.... Of course, it's a way off yet, but summer will be back before you know it!

If they can't seem to get the fan fixed, I'd call the factory to see if there are any known issues.....for me, given the level of praise I have heard about the quality of work coming out of the factory service center, for me, it's worth including a pit stop at Jackson Center. You might even do it when the homecoming arrives in June!

You know...you are right...I should post something to the profile at the very least....hope Bambi doesn't read the forum....

Eric
Old 09-30-2003, 03:40 PM   #29
3 Rivet Member

Send a message via AIM to JodynJeep Send a message via Yahoo to JodynJeep
I think you will be very pleased with the '04. Mine was manufactured Aug 27th and less than two minor issues have popped up and it has been troublefree since I have had it. Its been a much finer experience camping out with it than I had ever experienced with my '79.
Old 09-30-2003, 03:55 PM   #30
4 Rivet Member

Salem , Massachusetts
....our says "Manufactured 08/04" and boy did we find QA issues with it.

Thank God, most of them were minor and my husband took care of them but we're still battling, after the first round of unsuccessful repairs, for a working rear fantastic fan and black water sensor. We also have a new dinette bench on order since the one they mounted was a....

Don't worry Eric, they made mistakes on ours so that yours could be error proof
Old 09-30-2003, 05:38 PM   #31
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Kimili....

I LOL hard after reading your last post.....

I could say the same thing....they worked out the bugs in 2003 before you got your 2004!

I really feel for ya. I have been to the mountain top and it wasn't a pretty sight regarding 2003. I was sorely disappointed......

I am extremely hopeful that the latter half of 2003, for a 2004 model year on special order gets built correctly. I'm not greedy, I don't expect perfection, but as they say on the Airstreamer forum....I do expect excellence.... These coaches aren't cheap and service by me is not that close, so I hope it's done right to the best of Airstream's control. It would really make my life easier! More time camping, less time dealing with issues....I get enough issues at work to deal with....

Eric
Old 09-30-2003, 11:03 PM   #32

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
I guess I'll jump in the mix here. We also upgraded from the standard 13.5K A/C unit to the 15K unit. I consider it money well spent. We also added a spare tire. Interesting that the spare tire carrier is standard in the Classic, but the tire and wheel to fit in the carrier is not.

In a sick sort of way I told Eric tonight by phone that the way we are carrying on about our future babies, its as if we are both pregnant. His reply was that first trimester has gone by fast. I answered back that with a winter delivery its going to seem like forever before our babies take their first steps.

Oh man are we going off the deep end here?

Time for a toga party....toga, toga, toga!

Jack
AIR #56
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500,'14 Honda CTX 700
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2003, 04:25 PM   #33
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Quote:
Originally posted by jcanavera

Oh man are we going off the deep end here?

Jack

A VERY bold move Jack.....I gladly pass the toga baton to you!

Anyone in technology has to be a bit off the deep end....I think it's actually a requirement and written into most tech job descriptions......

Eric
Old 10-01-2003, 04:36 PM   #34
Just an old timer...

2004 22' Interstate
Tipton , Iowa
Quote:
Originally posted by jcanavera
ITime for a toga party....toga, toga, toga!

Jack
Hello? Jack? Is that you? Did you have a couple too many before you made that post? Toga Party? YOU?????

Ok, I've calmed down now... as long as you don't start promoting Tracy Lawrence's pillow fights, I guess we're still ok...

Roger
Old 10-01-2003, 05:30 PM   #35

Fenton , Missouri
I just bought my anniversary edition DVD copy of Animal House. What we need to do for the next campout is have someone bring a screen and LCD projector. I'll bring the portable player and DVD. First prize goes to the best person who can master the beer can head crush!

Jack
AIR #56
Old 10-01-2003, 05:35 PM   #36
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Jack...I'm impressed....you are an a roll man! Go on with it!

If it's over the summer, I got the projector covered, maybe even the DVD player too!

This Classic business has really brought the party animal out in you buddy!

Eric
Old 10-01-2003, 05:39 PM   #37

Fenton , Missouri
I'll party till its time to start paying for this puppy. You know sort of the ying and the yang. Have to keep things in balance.

Jack
AIR #56
Old 10-01-2003, 05:45 PM   #38
4 Rivet Member

Salem , Massachusetts
Quote:
Quote:
Anyone in technology has to be a bit off the deep end.
Quote:
Animal House.
Quote:
I'm impressed....you are an a roll man! Go on with it!
????..........must be some kind of silver fever that hits expecting fathers during the long winter months wait....