Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Safari > 2000 - 2004 Safari
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-01-2003, 07:16 AM   #1
3 Rivet Member

Send a message via AIM to JodynJeep Send a message via Yahoo to JodynJeep
2004 Safari

I finally got it in. Do not know why its a '04 since it was made 7/03 - none the less. I got the 25' 'SS" (6 sleeper) version which has the dinette, and the bed and bath in the rear. I will be posting pictures of it on my website in a day or two - however I must say that it is exactly what I was looking for. Tons more "USEABLE" storage space than what I had with my '79. Even the fabrics are nice and modern looking without having the 'visiting grandma's house' decor. Now I just got to find a place to mount my 15" LCD for viewing throughout the cabin.

I did have or still have one issue with it. But one of the rear trailer wheels locked up and started smoking. Discovered it after I got home.

The only defect that I noticed doing my walk through was the rear shore power cable storage area - appeared something had flung itself from underneath - and it was fixed on the spot.

Overall - I really like the space and layout. The windows I wish were more in style with my '79 - and really wish that the rear window was more than a emergency exit only. Neither here or there though....

I have pictures up on my web site http://wbcb.com/PhotoGroup/Airstream...4/default.aspx for those interested in the layout etc...

Now - I just need to plan a trip and find a travel companion!

Jody
Old 09-01-2003, 08:18 AM   #2
3 Rivet Member

1972 31' Sovereign
, Ohio
Airstream seems to start making the next years model in may of each year. as do alot of the RV companies. If you are to look at car lots there is cars that are 2004 on there lots as well..
Old 09-01-2003, 08:45 AM   #3
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Jody,

Nice unit! I've been looking at that same unit.... I have a few questions for you....

Also in the specs they show that the rear tail lights are the L.E.D. lights. I don't see that from the picture of the rear.

Does it automatically come with a microwave? Does it chew into a bunch of the pantry space.

Do the interior ceiling and walls have the fabric lining or is it a ruberized material throughout.

Where did they place the pump switch with the tank level indicators?

Does the furnace now use ductwork rather than just the standard vent from the furnace itself?

Last, from the look of the pictures I have and yours, it seems like there is an under bed storage access door (inside) and two outside and the fresh water tank seems to be near the curbside tires. Can you confirm this?

I was hoping that they were going to place the stereo in a better place. Not that where it is terrible, but to access it you always have to open the door to get to it.

Thanks,

Eric
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2003, 09:43 AM   #4
3 Rivet Member

Send a message via AIM to JodynJeep Send a message via Yahoo to JodynJeep
Not quite sure what interior I got - its more of a modern southwest theme to it. All the fabirc is tan wool with light grey and black deco on it.

Flooring - only section that is carpetted is about 2 feet worth by the couch. The remainder of the flooring is wood laminate.

I do not have LED lights.

The microwave did come standard - it sits to the right of the sink into the wall.

Monitoring station is all digital and is the left of the sink and right of the stove. Pump Switch is here as well.

Pump switch (2nd) / hot water switch is underneath the top vanity storgae area.

Battery cutoff switch is by the door.

It came with tele, cable, and satellite connections.

Radio is a Sony XM ready car stereo. No CD or anything else as far as I have seen with it.

Freshwater tank is curbside - and the black / grey water tanks are underneath just rear of the axles.

Storage for the bed is a cubby area - bed does not lift up. And it stretches the whole length of the bed and is about 3.5 ft wide. Exterior there is a 5X3.5 storage area as well. Not sure about storage on the curbside - I think there is actually a tank there...

In the Pantry - they also included a roll out shelving so that you can pull out to access items. There is also a two shelf 'spice rack' in it as well.

Half storage area under rear dinette seating area. Full storage area underneath the front dinette seat.

Full storage area underneath couch.

Cable outlet in bed area.

two medicine cabinets in the vanity area and storage underneath the sink.

Two wardrobe closets. and tons of overhanging storage cabinets that almost line the TT front to rear.

Not sure about what the Safari Upgrade is - Wish I would of known about the leather upgrade - I would of probably done that...

Furnace control is on the wall behind the rear dinette seating area.

For AC - its all controlled on the cieling unit.

Kitchen area is black laminate with stainless steel hood vent and back spalsh (which stretches the entire back of the kitchen).

All kitchen appliances less the microwave are stainless steel (micro is black)

Jody
Old 09-01-2003, 10:14 AM   #5
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Jody,

Thanks for all the great info! It looks to me like you have the Amarillo interior which includes the stainless stove and fridge....

That is great news about a second pump switch on the Safari. The Safari package was a $2138 upgrade and included the following things:

Spare tire, front fantastic fan, no fuss black tank flush, Aquajet water pump, case alum tail lights (not sure if this was the LED or not, but on another spec sheet it said that the LED tails were standard), electric hitch jack, 13,500BTU A/C unit w/ heat pump, one touch classic faucet and screen door guards.

The leather sofa upgrade was and $889 option. There is also a skylight option as is found on the Classic line for $343.00.

I too prefer the cassette player because I bring my iPod along and that can hold up to 5000 of my favorite songs.

Congrats on your Safari. Besides loving everything about it, I particularly enjoy the Safari badging that has the retro Safari scripting.

BTW, if you ever plan on being out near Jackson Center, OH, call and set up an appointment. They do a bunch of accessory installs. I planned on doing that with my Bambi until I got the Safari bug. Now I'm thinking about trading in the Bambi and picking up the Safari SS.

Thanks again for all the info and the great pics on the website.

Eric
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote