RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 10-06-2003, 08:50 AM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2004 Safari 28' W

Does anyone have any photos or any interesting tidbits of information about the 2004 Safari W?

There aren't any photos of it or much other info on Airstream's web site yet.

I think it was introduced just two months ago. It seems to based on the same floorplan as the International 28 CCD.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	safari28w.jpg
Views:	353
Size:	23.6 KB
ID:	3398  
idahosafari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2003, 03:13 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

Thumbs up This model has our attention too...

I have yet to find one to look at though.

My wife told me yesterday that she would rather order a new 28 Safari this next year and get what we want inside and with the options we want than settle for something that isn't quite what we want and have to fix it up. Whoo hoo!!

I a little curious about the combined 70 gal. grey/black tank. How's that going to work?

Working in one aluminum tube while wishing for another.
FlynG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2003, 11:35 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

04 Safari 28 W

Howdy,

Picked up our '04 Safari 28W 2 weeks ago. To read my initial post, search "Guess what followed me home...."

Although it's my first A/S, I feel that the floor plan is ideal for my growing family. As far as I can tell, it's the "smallest full-on" A/S (other than the 28 CCD), meaning that it has a separate bedroom, bath, dinette, and couch. Smaller models force a decision between these four. All 4 of these spaces are really important to us.

The 28 W, I believe, comes with most acoutrements standard. The only options available are trim upgrade package, a spare tire, second fantastic fan, electric hitch, sky light, and LCD TV. I believe it is the only Safari with a standard No Fuss Flush system as well. The solar and stone guards, LP Gas cover are all standard. I think that a trim upgrade kit like my Amarillo adds a lot to the overall interior; it gives you black countertops which looks much more contemporary than the standard white countertops. It actually makes the unit resemble the International A/S series. Unfortunately, there is no place for a microwave so it is not offered as an option. However, I'm pretty sure a small unit could be placed in one of the storage bays above the L-couch.

Regarding the combined 70 gallon black/gray tank, I'm not sure how I feel about it yet. The advantage would be not having to empty as often obviously; I would have to fill the fresh water tank at least twice before the combo tank would need to be emptied (I suppose this would be helpful for a growing family). On the otherhand, I wouldn't be able to dump gray water any where I wanted it; I have since heard that many RV parks prohibit this practice anyway because of the possibility of harsh detergents and such ruining their property. So far, all I can say is that it is easier to dump one tank than two.

I'll be posting pictures soon.

Abe