Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-24-2021, 07:31 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Graham , Washington
Window Shade Fuse Blowing

2016 gt ext, my passenger side mid and rear shade fuse is blowing after a couple days when not even being used. Vehicle is parked at the house with 30 amp connected, It was working fine on Wednesday after I changed the fuse, Thursday I checked and had no blown fuse, I then checked Friday morning and I had the red light glowing next to the fuse. Why would the fuse blow when it sits for a couple days and I never even used the blinds or used the vehicle? Anybody experience this?
randkell1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 08:51 AM   #2
2 Rivet Member

​2020 Atlas​
Treasure Island , Florida
Blown fuse or fuse not seated

I have seen the red light next to a circuit and thought the fuse was blown only to discover that the fuse had worked its way to a bad connection. Just reseating the fuse restored functionality. If it is truly blown, then I would look for an area where the wire transitions. Likely an abrasion or a faulty ground. Good luck.
Old 07-26-2021, 06:10 PM   #3
1 Rivet Member

2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Graham , Washington
Thanks for the input. I have check connections at the fuse box and at each window shade with no luck. I have gone thru about 5 fuses over the last week so I am to a point to start cutting shade wires one at a time and replacing them with a manual chain pull. Starting with the sun shades to see if they are causing it and then will cut the darkening shade.
randkell1 is offline   Reply With Quote