Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Sprinter and B-van Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2021, 05:26 PM   #21
4 Rivet Member

2020 27' Globetrotter
2019 Interstate Lounge Ext
Jackson Hole - Tetons , Wyoming
Why do we have so many post comments from folks who don’t have experience with a van.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBERT CROSS View Post
Hi Ugh....GeeWiz, we all are so very sorry, we'll try hard to do better.[emoji106]

Sweet Streams [emoji23]

Bob

[emoji631]

)))

I’m blushing and laughing ... thank you

Helping me “blush and chuckle” is a bourbon I’ve been waiting to sip.

I’m here overlooking the Rio in Northern New Mexico at Wild Rivers. I’m in the company of a 10 year Rip Van Winkle recently gifted to me. What better way to say “thanks for your business advice” than to FedEx a 10 year RVW?

DO BETTER !!! Yes do better people

C’Mon man!!!

I understand how we got here, thank you.

Personally - I don’t respond to the “latest post” ... only zip into the B class motorhome forum and now frankly I miss the intelligent feedback of folks who have direct experience with an ASI.

When I need the sage wisdom of a Globetrotter owner - I search the GT forum.

But ... the “how this is happening” answer isn’t lost on me. I now understand. Change is part of life ... Oy ve

Destination: I highly recommend this location... 26 sites perched on the edge of the steep canyon overlooking the Rio. Amenities galore and the kind of quiet and peace rarely found in our normal lives ... near Taos New Mexico

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3967.JPG
Views:	29
Size:	542.2 KB
ID:	399355
Old 07-12-2021, 05:34 PM   #22
4 Rivet Member

2020 27' Globetrotter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondocker View Post
Someone needs a hug.

Honest I feel hugged ... no longing here .. just trying to efficiently get information
Old 07-12-2021, 05:35 PM   #23
4 Rivet Member

2020 27' Globetrotter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill M. View Post
I read posts exclusively from the portal. I did not even know there is a van forum. I look at the OP's info that shows up and if it is a van I just do not post back to it. Or even read it sometimes. But sometimes I slip up and do so.

That is why, the answer to your question, that you have to put up with an occasional post from me, a trailer owner, in your van forum. I bet lots of people do the same thing.

Is this thread in the van forum? Okay, after a careful check of the info above the name of the thread I see that it is. I rarely look at that either.

Ahah !!!!!!

You’re doing it wrong!!!!!
Old 07-12-2021, 05:36 PM   #24
4 Rivet Member

2020 27' Globetrotter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hittenstiehl View Post
I would answer but I'm a trailer owner [emoji57]

Also use the forums in the portal app so sometimes I miss that it's in the sprinter van section.

Been here long enough to know most of the sprinter folks so if I see their names mostly i get a hint it's sprinter topic. Then I proceed with caution so as not to get a reprimand.

[emoji6]
Old 07-12-2021, 06:36 PM   #25
Site Team

1994 25' Excella
Waukesha , Wisconsin
Portal? There's a portal?
1999 Suburban LS 2500 w/7.4L V8
1974 GMC 4108a - Custom Coach Land Cruiser (Sold)
Old 07-12-2021, 06:49 PM   #26
4 Rivet Member

2014 27' FB International
Lewisville , Texas
My Moniker

Is what you want
Old 07-12-2021, 07:06 PM   #27
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
We know all and nothing, the zen master never said.

Drive on…..

The Airstream is sold; a 2016 Nash 24M replaced it.
Old 07-12-2021, 07:14 PM   #28
3 Rivet Member

2017 22' Sport
2021 27' Globetrotter
Geographicly , Unbound
Have you seen my TV? I parked it Here...

Dude I went thru the portal, man. I saw flyin AS in outer space! Wait, what're we talkin about?
Old 07-12-2021, 08:07 PM   #29
4 Rivet Member

2015 Interstate Grand Tour
Lake Oswego , Oregon
I share in ScottP frustration.

I think LNBright nailed it... the mixing of ASI and trailer topics are right there on the first page under Recent Discussions and that tempts many to follow a rabbit down the wrong path.

If I were the webmaster I would overhaul that section; maybe it's possible to make Recent Discussions part of your customized user experience based on your preferences or some other user controlled criteria. Not an expert, I just know most things like this are possible. It's a "feature request".
Old 07-12-2021, 09:59 PM   #30
Rivet Master

2007 27' Safari FB SE
NW Oregon in a nice spot , Oregon
Easy solution...if you van folks are a special breed different from trailer Airstream owners then go your own on your own website. Airstreams started out as trailers (in case you didn't know)...so if you want to be part of that then enjoy. If you are now a different breed then go and get off this website and start your own where you can be special in your own right. You have the ability to launch your own website....go for it dude ScottP.... I look forward to never ever seeing you on a post on a Airstream trailer posting that has a trailer involved.
Snarky comment but I am trying to understand the OP post....
Old 07-12-2021, 10:53 PM   #31
"Cloudsplitter"

2003 25' Classic
Houstatlantavegas , Malebolgia
Well, if you vernal fights it's amazing folks really don't want us trailer/or anywhere around you then will just have to find another place we can go for one more little locally appreciate it so will just take it from there.
Thank you.
AI generated message.

Bob
🇺🇸
Old 07-12-2021, 11:38 PM   #32
4 Rivet Member

2020 27' Globetrotter
Why do we have so many post comments from folks who don’t have experience with a van.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bweybright View Post
Easy solution...if you van folks are a special breed different from trailer Airstream owners then go your own on your own website. Airstreams started out as trailers (in case you didn't know)...so if you want to be part of that then enjoy. If you are now a different breed then go and get off this website and start your own where you can be special in your own right. You have the ability to launch your own website....go for it dude ScottP.... I look forward to never ever seeing you on a post on a Airstream trailer posting that has a trailer involved.
Snarky comment but I am trying to understand the OP post....

Hi

Snarky yes ... but that’s ok with me.

Yes - the ASI vans are different in many ways.

Trailers -

I live in Oregon sometimes...did y’all know the AS trailers originated here? I’m kinda familiar with AS trailers.

Did you notice I mentioned earlier in my post, I have a 2019 Globetrotter trailer? I “am” a trailer owner...yep!!! I’ll even include a photo below if possible.

Vans vs Trailers
Yes the vans are different than trailers. Much different in many ways.

The culture and the owner group are remarkably different as well. But that’s another topic.

Since 2014, I’ve owned 8 ASI vans and three AS trailers. So, of the 11 units owned I’ve re-sold 9 of these tin cans on wheels. I’m quite familiar with both products and have a pretty firm grasp on the buyers as well. Surprisingly the buyer and owner demographics between the AS trailer and vans are distinctly unique.

Anyhow ... I suggest you not be offended but consider this a re-direction. Perhaps a course correction? Dump your data, your experience, your opinion in the trailer section instead of the van section. That’s my suggestion and hope. Don’t be offended - just deposit your data in the correct box please. And if I’m eager to hear your opinion or ramblings, I’ll visit the trailer section.

If you have some (helpful and valuable) real world experience from your own personal van ownership days - please contribute it in the van section.

If you’re looking to share your trailer experience with the folks in the van area, please reconsider and share it with your fellow trailer owners.

This isn’t class warfare. When I’m looking for a Phillips screwdriver I don’t go looking in the tool chest drawer containing metric sockets.

Why do I care?

Some very talented and knowledgeable van forum participants have stopped posting. They’ve stopped posting answers to important questions because they’re tired of the unnecessary forum noise. As van owners, we lose this critical support, which Airstream has never been capable of providing.

So while I know my effort today will fail, I’ll still try to redirect unnecessary contributions from forum participants who have no idea what they’re talking about. The overall value of the forum will (has) diminish, and instead of public assistance where everyone benefits ...a flurry of private messages solving problems will occur. Private messages from some very high quality people who’ve helped each other over several years.

So trailer owners (yes, I am one of you) ... please post in your own lovely trailer section okay? And yes dear, I will post in the trailer section when I need trailer advice, or have something valuable to offer fellow Globetrotter owners.

Hugs
Old 07-13-2021, 04:31 AM   #33
Airstream Driver

1994 30' Excella
1992 35' Airstream 350
Austin , Texas

Now thats funny. I read the Title and thought the OP was talking about Vans as a tow vehicle.

To get good feedback and on topic answers to a subject, start by being clear, short and to the point in the Thread title you start.

Just take my word for it, I started hundreds in the last 20+ years

That is called being of value to the community
AIR #13
Old 07-13-2021, 04:32 AM   #34
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottP View Post
Some very talented and knowledgeable van forum participants have stopped posting. They’ve stopped posting answers to important questions because they’re tired of the unnecessary forum noise. As van owners, we lose this critical support, which Airstream has never been capable of providing.

So while I know my effort today will fail, I’ll still try to redirect unnecessary contributions from forum participants who have no idea what they’re talking about. The overall value of the forum will (has) diminish, and instead of public assistance where everyone benefits ...a flurry of private messages solving problems will occur. Private messages from some very high quality people who’ve helped each other over several years.

So trailer owners (yes, I am one of you) ... please post in your own lovely trailer section okay? And yes dear, I will post in the trailer section when I need trailer advice, or have something valuable to offer fellow Globetrotter owners.
And with all due respect, ScottP, I would ask you to speak for yourself (and I’m sure at least one other) rather than for all ClassB owners here.

This proposed approach to helping, supporting and providing information to members and others who visit these forums is really confounding to me, to the point that my usually very articulate self can’t quite find the right words.

Withholding posting information that others could benefit from, in favor of private messaging as a form of protest, doesn’t surprise me…but is a bit mind boggling.

You do you, and I hope you find what you’re looking for, perhaps as suggested on your own website where rules can be more to your liking.

A website where only the “highest quality” ClassB owners are allowed to participate.

Maggie
Old 07-13-2021, 04:40 AM   #35
Rivet Master

2013 20' Flying Cloud
Westerly , Rhode Island
I've always been under the impression that most people don't even bother to read the original post, they just see a key word like "hitch", "tire", "solar" or "generator" in the title and write about their own setup or experience regardless of whether or not it's relevant. Asking them to actually read the original post and realize it pertains to vans seems like a lot to ask!

As a defense to the occasional slip up people have though, there are SOOO many subforums on this website it would very difficult to go through each one to see if there is anything that pertains to your exact trailer.
Old 07-13-2021, 05:08 AM   #36
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
League City , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottP View Post
Hi

Yes the vans are different than trailers. Much different in many ways.

The culture and the owner group are remarkably different as well.

....Surprisingly the buyer and owner demographics between the AS trailer and vans are distinctly unique.

Why do I care?

All valid points. My husband and I joke about being able to spot trailer owners without needing to read their ID tiles. It's not about superiority or class warfare. It's just a different head space, and a different lifestyle pursuit. I am always struck by the differences in PRIORITIES between van owners and trailer owners, whether I am on this forum, or conversing in our Airstream park with a bunch of trailer owners.

I raised the same points about noise recently on another thread and was informed that the owner of this website makes a lot of money with it being structured just the way it is, and is not interested in evolving it or improving it. I have no idea whether that statement is true - that's just what someone said.

It saddens me to see van-related poster-shedding. As the pool of Interstate owners grows, so too does the noise level, which is exactly the opposite of what should be happening if the van community is to be properly peer-served.

And as for the comment by the other poster about getting our own website?

We have one - it's a child forum called /F240, aka Sprinter and B Van Forum. It's this one right here.
Old 07-13-2021, 05:39 AM   #37
Living Riveted since 2013

2016 Interstate Lounge Ext
Green Cove Springs , Florida

With your pugnacious predilection for plaintively pronouncing personal preferences pertaining to proper posting protocol, the least you could do is get your grammar right. "Different FROM," not "different than." [emoji57]

Old 07-13-2021, 05:46 AM   #38
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
There are many common denominators between RV’ers of all sorts, is the truth, tho we’re each often wedded most to our own choice of vehicles there are trailer devotees who go to ClassB’s and vice versa.

I want to say, too, that most people are here not only for what they get in information but to contribute in many different ways to the experience and knowledge base of others.

Be that information, technical skill, redirection, observation, support, sympathy, etc.

Rather than repeatedly denigrating this forum, it’s rules and it’s users who are not of sufficiently high quality, it really would make sense that those who are exceedingly dissatisfied and aren’t interested in contributing here start there own website to be run as they choose.

Are you contributing by withholding?

It’s a no-brainer.

Maggie
Old 07-13-2021, 06:13 AM   #39
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Exclamation Why so many OT posts?

Because the new prevailing rules -- all over the Internet -- mainly because of using small screens on small devices -- seem to be:

"When in doubt, talk!"

"Type first, think later!"

Just read every post here . . . including the ones to follow soon after . . .

Res Ipsa Loquitur!

Peter

IMO
FWIW
Old 07-13-2021, 06:13 AM   #40
Living Riveted since 2013

2016 Interstate Lounge Ext
Green Cove Springs , Florida
Food for thought, Maggie:

"Never before have so few contributed so greatly to the happiness of so many by saying so little."

[emoji57][emoji23]🤣

Closed Thread