Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-03-2022, 02:41 PM   #1
Rivet... Rivet...

2022 Interstate 19
Portland , Oregon
Where is the MPPT? 2022 Interstate 19

Does anyone know where the Victron MPPT Bluesolar MPPT 150/35 is located on an 2022 Interstate 19?

Airstream told me it was under the curb side ottoman, but it's not there, unless it's well hidden. Anyone know the correct location? TIA
DavePDX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2022, 10:14 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member

2015 Interstate Grand Tour
Salem , New Hampshire
Apparently Airstream puts these devices all over the place. I'm not sure how your setup is but a few things are the same unless someone can chime in that has found it and provide you with the exact location.

With some wire chasing you'll probably be able to find it. You'll need to check where all your components are centrally located. The MPPT has the solar wires going in to it. You have a Green and Yellow wire and these are usually marked with Solar + & - on them. They come from the solar panel to the MPPT. You can also chase a wire from your thermal fuse buss bar (these are the square resettable looking fuses) where you should have a 40a fuse with a wire going to the charge controller.

The thermal fuse buss bar looks like this in the pic. Good look hunting.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0334.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	313.5 KB
ID:	424904  
StogieMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2022, 01:31 AM   #3
Rivet... Rivet...

2022 Interstate 19
Portland , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by StogieMan View Post
Apparently Airstream puts these devices all over the place. I'm not sure how your setup is but a few things are the same unless someone can chime in that has found it and provide you with the exact location.

With some wire chasing you'll probably be able to find it. You'll need to check where all your components are centrally located. The MPPT has the solar wires going in to it. You have a Green and Yellow wire and these are usually marked with Solar + & - on them. They come from the solar panel to the MPPT. You can also chase a wire from your thermal fuse buss bar (these are the square resettable looking fuses) where you should have a 40a fuse with a wire going to the charge controller.

The thermal fuse buss bar looks like this in the pic. Good look hunting.
Thanks much, those clues should be helpful!
Old 11-07-2022, 10:59 AM   #4
2 Rivet Member

2022 Interstate 24X
Itasca , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavePDX View Post
Does anyone know where the Victron MPPT Bluesolar MPPT 150/35 is located on an 2022 Interstate 19?

Airstream told me it was under the curb side ottoman, but it's not there, unless it's well hidden. Anyone know the correct location? TIA

Sorry, don't know about an Interstate 19, but my 2022 24X has the MTTP under the drivers seat colocated with the DC-DC converter, and the trickle charger for the chassis battery.
emike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2022, 02:42 PM   #5
2 Rivet Member

2022 Interstate 24X
Itasca , Illinois
Ok, so this is incorrect. This is the MPPT for the chassis battery (one 100w solar panel).

The MPPT 150/35 is under the curb side bench all the way in the back behind a side panel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emike View Post
Sorry, don't know about an Interstate 19, but my 2022 24X has the MTTP under the drivers seat colocated with the DC-DC converter, and the trickle charger for the chassis battery.
Old 11-08-2022, 07:18 AM   #6
Rivet... Rivet...

2022 Interstate 19
Portland , Oregon
Thanks for the replies. I'm currently traveling and haven't had a chance to take another look, but I'll report back when I do.

emike,, do you mean under the curb side ottoman or the sofa bench? And when you say "behind a side panel", do you mean between the outside of the van and the inside of the van?
I did see a black cover located against the outside wall of the van, under the stove cabinet when I removed the curb side ottoman (photo attached), but it didn't come off easily, so I didn't expore that further. Toward the rear of the ottoman cabinet is the wheel well and I didn't see anyplace it could be hidden there.

Thanks so much for the assistance!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Hunt for MPPT.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	363.7 KB
ID:	425095   Click image for larger version

Name:	Interstate 19 MPPT.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	92.5 KB
ID:	425096  

Old 11-11-2022, 04:26 PM   #7
2 Rivet Member

2022 Interstate 24X
Itasca , Illinois
For the Interstate 24x, it's under the curb side bench. We don't have a sofa or ottoman.

Quote:
Thanks for the replies. I'm currently traveling and haven't had a chance to take another look, but I'll report back when I do.

emike,, do you mean under the curb side ottoman or the sofa bench? And when you say "behind a side panel", do you mean between the outside of the van and the inside of the van?
I did see a black cover located against the outside wall of the van, under the stove cabinet when I removed the curb side ottoman (photo attached), but it didn't come off easily, so I didn't expore that further. Toward the rear of the ottoman cabinet is the wheel well and I didn't see anyplace it could be hidden there.

Thanks so much for the assistance!
Old 11-12-2022, 11:04 PM   #8
Rivet... Rivet...

2022 Interstate 19
Portland , Oregon
Thanks for the photos and reply. Alas, the 24x seems to be a different beast from the I19. The dealer is telling me it's located under the passenger seat in the front of the vehicle. I've seen the Xantrex Freedom X 1000 inverter there, but I didn't see the MPPT and I'm surprised that it could even fit. When I get the vehicle back from servicing the refrigerator, I'll check.
Old 11-25-2022, 11:48 PM   #9
3 Rivet Member

Kansas City , Missouri
Quote:

Check in the rear driver side of the garage. Are you aware of the location of the manual power disconnect knob is located? If you remove the cover, you'll see the wall that houses the buss bars and, fuses and etc. That wall is attached via 2 screws on the right side. When removing the screws, pull the wall towards you and the mppt should be attached on the backside of that wall.
jhayesas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2022, 01:02 PM   #10
Rivet... Rivet...

2022 Interstate 19
Portland , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhayesas View Post
Check in the rear driver side of the garage. Are you aware of the location of the manual power disconnect knob is located? If you remove the cover, you'll see the wall that houses the buss bars and, fuses and etc. That wall is attached via 2 screws on the right side. When removing the screws, pull the wall towards you and the mppt should be attached on the backside of that wall.
Thanks for the reply. They finally have fixed my refrigerator (replaced a bad control board), and I will get to pick the van up this week! The dealer ended up installing the dongle for me and promised to show me the location, but I believe that you are correct. I'll post a photo once I see it.
Old 12-08-2022, 12:58 AM   #11
3 Rivet Member

2021 Interstate 24GL
Los Angeles , California
on my 2021 Interstate 24GL, the Victron MPPT is behind the overhead bin control panel.
the panel simply pulls out with some force. It's a blue box.

The device under the driver seat is the Batteryminder for the chassis battery, in a 24 GL.
mike2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2022, 06:45 PM   #12
Rivet... Rivet...

2022 Interstate 19
Portland , Oregon
Finally Found it!

So I finally know the location of the MPPT in my 2022 Interstate 19. It's in the garage area on the driver's side in the box containing the red battery switch. Adding the bluetooth dongle was well worth the trouble. I can finally see what's actually happening with my solar. Thanks to everyone who tried to help. Obviously Airstream has a variety of locations they use, so YMMV.

Here are some visuals:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2022 I19 MPPT location.png
Views:	10
Size:	691.2 KB
ID:	426073   Click image for larger version

Name:	2022 I19 MPPT location box.png
Views:	10
Size:	1.75 MB
ID:	426074  

Name:	2022 I19 MPPT.png
Views:	9
Size:	652.2 KB
ID:	426075  
Old Yesterday, 08:52 PM   #13
Maggie & Adam

2021 Interstate 19
Chapel Hill , North Carolina
DavePDX, hello, just curious about the Bluetooth dongle. I have a 2021 AI19, same as yours otherwise. When you disconnected the VE cable that sends data to the round MPPT control, did it render that gauge useless? Was the data in the app that much better? I’m considering doing the same…
Thanks,
Adam B
MaggieCarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:50 PM   #14
3 Rivet Member

2021 Interstate 24GL
Los Angeles , California
another option is to replace the MPPT with a newer version that has bluetooth built in.... and sell the old one.

the gauge is pretty useless, i never look at it.
mike2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:30 AM   #15
Rivet... Rivet...

2022 Interstate 19
Portland , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieCarol View Post
DavePDX, hello, just curious about the Bluetooth dongle. I have a 2021 AI19, same as yours otherwise. When you disconnected the VE cable that sends data to the round MPPT control, did it render that gauge useless? Was the data in the app that much better? Iím considering doing the sameÖ
Thanks,
Adam B
Yes, it disabled the gauge, but that was pretty much completely useless to me anyway. The app is fantastic. Not only can I see in near real time whatís happening with my solar, but I was also able to significantly improve the charging performance by tweaking the settings to Battlebornís recommendations. This has turned out to be one of the best upgrades Iíve made to the rig. Adding this, along with the Victron SmartShunt has allowed me to mange my power far more effectively.