Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Sprinter and B-van Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-24-2016, 12:49 PM   #41
3 Rivet Member

2015 Interstate Ext. Coach
Chicago , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewster View Post
First, solar modules do not have a 12 VDC output. It should be more like 19-21 VDC going into your charge controller.

I just finished a new 400 watt system that was showing a 23 amp output into the controller and 26.5 amps into the batteries at solar noon with a Blue Sky 3024iL controller.

I seriously doubt you will ever see 30 amps from 200 watts of solar regardless of the conditions.
I'm a bit confused by the 3 posts from Lewster, Shark, and McRider, including Lewster referencing 30amps.

Anyway, Attached is a pic of my monitor. I might be misinterpreting the monitor, or it could be calibrated incorrectly. This is a 200w system (rigid panels) with 10g wiring, and a MPPT charger/controller. I don't really know solar, I'm just reading back the specs of a system someone else installed for me.

The reason I'm interested in this is whether to try to fit another panel (i.e. 300w total).

thanks for any input.

(btw ... how you folks insert an image as opposed to attaching?)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Charging.pdf (1.89 MB, 50 views)
Marks71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 01:25 PM   #42
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
League City , Texas
Those are panel volts, not amps into the battery.

Repost pic for you:
LB_3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 06:58 PM   #43
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Naples , Florida
When was the 50 watt solar panel upgraded to 100 W

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marks71 View Post
I'm a bit confused by the 3 posts from Lewster, Shark, and McRider, including Lewster referencing 30amps.

Anyway, Attached is a pic of my monitor. I might be misinterpreting the monitor, or it could be calibrated incorrectly. This is a 200w system (rigid panels) with 10g wiring, and a MPPT charger/controller. I don't really know solar, I'm just reading back the specs of a system someone else installed for me.

The reason I'm interested in this is whether to try to fit another panel (i.e. 300w total).

thanks for any input.

(btw ... how you folks insert an image as opposed to attaching?)

Your meter is displaying VOLTS, which are probably the output from your solar panels. It will not display the amps it is sending to the batteries unless you have a shunt installed on your negative battery cable ( positive for you budding Victron users).

Big difference!!
lewster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 04:11 AM   #44
3 Rivet Member

2015 Interstate Ext. Coach
Chicago , Illinois
You're right!!

THANKS
Marks71 is offline   Reply With Quote