Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-18-2021, 10:30 AM   #1
Rivet Master

2013 Interstate Coach
Waterloo , Iowa
Wheel speed sensor extended warranty

Received my letter regarding the extended warranty on 7 February. Send the required information in an e-mail to the nearest MB dealer on 9 February. Received requested acknowledgement of receipt that same day. He said that it has taken 4-6 weeks to process these type of claims in the past. Received a 'great news' e-mail from the dealer on 12 February that MB had approved the claim. Received the check today from the dealer. They reimbursed me for sensor replacements that I had done at a nearby private repair shop ~$950 in total. First failure was one of the rear sensors. Repairman called his MB contact and was told to replace both - so he did. Second failure was a front sensor - and only the failed one was replaced. Impressive response from MB and the closest dealer.
Titus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 12:06 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2024 Interstate 19
Fulton , Maryland
I also go the extended sensor warranty from Mercedes-Benz last week. I have not had to get any of my sensors replaced yet. Now I'm good until October 2022 with this 10 year - no mileage warranty extension.

Good to know they reimbursed you for the fix.
Previous: 2013 Airstream Interstate 3500 Ext Lounge
Boxster1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 08:27 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Evans , GA
Used 2015 AI

The seller of our new to us AI contacted me and told me he got the letter that is referenced above. Problem is, he cannot find the letter and only told me that Im now covered for years to come. What can I do to register myself as the new owner and have ours checked?
GAAirstreamr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 09:12 AM   #4
Living Riveted since 2013

2016 Interstate Lounge Ext
Green Cove Springs , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAAirstreamr View Post
The seller of our new to us AI contacted me and told me he got the letter that is referenced above. Problem is, he cannot find the letter and only told me that Im now covered for years to come. What can I do to register myself as the new owner and have ours checked?
One way might be to reach out to the service department at your nearest Mercedes dealer that also handles Sprinters. Another way might be to reach out to some form of "contact us" on the MB USA website. After getting our van service at MB $$$$, they started mailing the recall notices to us.

Rocinante is offline   Reply With Quote