Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-05-2019, 08:18 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Longwood , Florida
Water heater access panel on 2018 Interstate Twin Bed

We have a 2018 Interstate GT Twin Bed. The instructions for winterizing the tank-less water heater say to open the access panel and drain it. Where is the access panel? I have looked under the driver side bed and can see the heater in there but can't find a panel to open. Do I just use air pressure to blow it out?
FL Lizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 08:09 PM   #2
Contributing Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
Looking at the 2018 twin parts catalog, it appears that there is an access opening under the mattress of the roadside twin. It is just shown as an ellipse in the top where the water heater should be.

I have a lounge that I converted to a twin. I put an 8" sailboat deck plate in my roadside top for access to the WH from the top.
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 08:22 AM   #3
1 Rivet Member

Longwood , Florida
Thank you. After further inspection we realized the access panel the manual refers to is actually a metal plate on the front of the water heater itself. The only access to the water heater is through the hole in the top of the bed. We were looking for another access panel to have more room when working with the heater.
FL Lizard is offline   Reply With Quote