Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-28-2019, 11:42 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2020 Interstate 19
Pensacola , Florida
Angry TV inputs

Having trouble figuring out what the HDMI input does......antenna input should be rooftop ant input....no? Then what signal comes via HDMI. Am getting continuous “check signal input” on tv.... button is “in” green light on......
Old 11-28-2019, 12:33 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2013 27' FB International
El Dorado Hills , California
On my trailer the HDMI is from the Blu-ray player.
kscherzi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 12:36 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

2020 Interstate 19
Pensacola , Florida
Input isues

Kscerzi..... was that way on my EXT..... the Baby “B” doesn’thave a dvd player 😔
Old 11-28-2019, 01:56 PM   #4
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Hi

If there is nothing plugged into the HDMI *and* you switch to that input, you will get a "check input signal" message. It is telling you that you have switched to an input that has nothing on it. If you do not have a DVD player or satellite receiver, that's what you will see.

Bob
uncle_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 02:54 PM   #5
2 Rivet Member

2020 Interstate 19
Pensacola , Florida
Angry Input issues

Bob.... there is an HDMI input plugged in.....could be for an aux video input.... there is a coax wire also attached ad the “ant” input......still say check signal when I select “Ant” as input.............??
Old 11-28-2019, 04:28 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2015 28' International
Ofallon , Missouri
On my 2015 Intnl....

HDMI goes from blu ray to tv. Outside antenna and cable input go to tv also not thru HDMI.

Audio OUT from tv goes to radio unit so tv and blu ray sound will play thru speakers.

I select antenna as the source on the tv and turn on antenna power to watch over the air. Select Cable as the source when cg has cable and turn antenna power off.

I only select HDMI as source on the tv when watching blu ray player. Since the radio unit does not have HDMI input, the HDMI cable goes directly to the tv and you have to get the blu ray audio thru aux port on the radio.

Hope this answers your quest???
Old 11-29-2019, 09:47 AM   #7
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemerman View Post
Bob.... there is an HDMI input plugged in.....could be for an aux video input.... there is a coax wire also attached ad the “ant” input......still say check signal when I select “Ant” as input.............??
Hi

Do you have a DVD / Blu-ray player? If not, then look for an HDMI jack up by the rest of the entertainment gear.

Bob
uncle_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 11:28 AM   #8
2 Rivet Member

2020 Interstate 19
Pensacola , Florida
Exclamation Inputs resolved‼️😆

Did an inspection of the 75 ohm antenna connector to TV....center wire was bent significantly..... straightened out, carefully attached & voila ‼️Worked as advertised‼️
The HDMI input to TV is pre-connected from the “pigtail” in cubby below TV mount. You don’t a disc player with the Baby B (IS 19) like the EXTs, but it is prewired where most peeps would put a player......

Thanks to all who helped me think of possibilities....
I was about to blame the antenna/booster......all work correctly
Old 11-30-2019, 11:55 AM   #9
Contributing Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
Simplification

The HDMI switch is overkill.

I completely removed the HDMI switch and disassembled the box the switch and DVD player were mounted in. I kept only the bottom of the wood box and cut an inch off each end to match the size of the DVD player. I kept the bottom because it tilts the DVD player up enough to clear the slides for the glass.

I replaced the switch with a two-way splitter that automatically connects to whichever HDMI output cable is connected to a powered device. I just need to power on whichever TV we want to watch and switch that TV to HDMI.

Amazing how much useful space I have in that cabinet now. That wood box was assembled with 6 screws and 6 dowels. No wonder these things cost a fortune.
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 01:06 PM   #10
2 Rivet Member

2020 Interstate 19
Pensacola , Florida
Thumbs up HDMI controller

Pahaska..... that whole control unit was ridiculous on my ‘19 GT EXT...... too much circuitry for a simple issue ‼️
Old 11-30-2019, 02:38 PM   #11
Contributing Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemerman View Post
Pahaska..... that whole control unit was ridiculous on my ‘19 GT EXT...... too much circuitry for a simple issue ‼️
A famous 1930s aircraft designer was asked for his method. His answer was "Simplificate and add lightness." This fits with what I tried to do on every Airstream I have owned (5).
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote