Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-27-2015, 06:58 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2015 Interstate Ext. Coach
San Diego , California
TV Antenna Blew Off 2015 Interstate

Somewhere between Yuma and Tucson AZ my antenna blew off. Pulled in to a rest stop to stretch our legs and all that was left was about a 6" post with approx 18" of coaxil hanging out.

Luckily a gentleman with a Toyota pickup pulled along side me and I stood on his bed rail and duct taped the wire to the post so it wouldn't be slapping around.

So evidently before 17,000 miles there is a set screw or something that needs to be checked.

The 2015s were different than prior models.
Ron_CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 07:57 PM   #2
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron_CA View Post
Somewhere between Yuma and Tucson AZ my antenna blew off. Pulled in to a rest stop to stretch our legs and all that was left was about a 6" post with approx 18" of coaxil hanging out.

Luckily a gentleman with a Toyota pickup pulled along side me and I stood on his bed rail and duct taped the wire to the post so it wouldn't be slapping around.

So evidently before 17,000 miles there is a set screw or something that needs to be checked.

The 2015s were different than prior models.
I had an encounter with a low-hanging tree branch that didn't dislodge the Winegard omnidirectional antenna, but did break the antenna cable. Didn't have a clue until someone pointed it out to me, just figured there was some other reason why I suddenly wasn't getting any TV reception.
Old 09-28-2015, 06:49 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2015 Interstate Ext. Coach
San Diego , California
My cable was still intact with fitting on end still there. The threads were no match for the wind force on the sail that used to be my antenna.
Ron_CA is offline   Reply With Quote