Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Sprinter and B-van Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-02-2019, 10:22 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2019 ​Interstate Nineteen
Verona , WI
Travel Warning Light/Beep

I have a 2020 AI 19 and there is a Travel Warning light switch on the right switch panel just below the steering wheel. All of a sudden it started blinking and beeping when I start to drive. Couldn't find anything in the manual. Any ideas? Thank you.
KIA59K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 11:16 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2024 Interstate 19
Fulton , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by KIA59K View Post
I have a 2020 AI 19 and there is a Travel Warning light switch on the right switch panel just below the steering wheel. All of a sudden it started blinking and beeping when I start to drive. Couldn't find anything in the manual. Any ideas? Thank you.
Your profile info says you have a 2019 Interstate Nineteen? Is it a new 2019 Sprinter? Is it a 4x4? Do you have rear airsuspension by VB?

Does the light and warning disappear after you drive away? It might be a warning related to the airsuspension.

Unfortunately the info to support new systems is often lacking in sufficient detail.
Previous: 2013 Airstream Interstate 3500 Ext Lounge
Boxster1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 11:38 AM   #3
1 Rivet Member

Verona , WI
It is a 2020. When I registered, I didn't see an option for that year. It is not a 4x4 and I don't think it has air suspension. I'm new to this stuff so not sure about a lot of things. It just started coming on lately as soon as I put it in reverse or drive. Thank you.
Old 09-02-2019, 02:26 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2024 Interstate 19
Fulton , Maryland
Quote:
It is a 2020. When I registered, I didn't see an option for that year. It is not a 4x4 and I don't think it has air suspension. I'm new to this stuff so not sure about a lot of things. It just started coming on lately as soon as I put it in reverse or drive. Thank you.
This is an issue you may need the dealer to help with.

How do you know it is a "Travel Warning"?

Does this light switch look like the attached image from Mercedes Owners Manual?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	108
Size:	35.6 KB
ID:	351143  
Old 09-02-2019, 03:10 PM   #5
1 Rivet Member

Verona , WI
On the drawing you posted, it is one of the slots on the lower left "blue box". It says in red "Travel Warning" and it lights up and blinks. Actually, I finally did get it to turn off. I noticed that on the control screen that an alarm popped up. It said that the awning was out. The awning was not out so I hit the button to close it anyway and nothing different happened. Then, I opened the awning a little and closed it again. The alarm signal went off and so did the "Travel Warning"! Something must have jarred the alarm relay while driving and the Travel Warning light must be connected to certain potential hazards that it wants you to know about before you take off. Hope this helps someone else with similar problem. Thanks for all the feedback.
Old 09-02-2019, 05:47 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2024 Interstate 19
Fulton , Maryland
Quote:
On the drawing you posted, it is one of the slots on the lower left "blue box". It says in red "Travel Warning" and it lights up and blinks. Actually, I finally did get it to turn off. I noticed that on the control screen that an alarm popped up. It said that the awning was out. The awning was not out so I hit the button to close it anyway and nothing different happened. Then, I opened the awning a little and closed it again. The alarm signal went off and so did the "Travel Warning"! Something must have jarred the alarm relay while driving and the Travel Warning light must be connected to certain potential hazards that it wants you to know about before you take off. Hope this helps someone else with similar problem. Thanks for all the feedback.
KIA59K - great info. Sounds like Airstream stepped up their warning for the awning. The awning out buzz alarm has bewildered Interstate owner's for years. Not it appears they have improved it with a warning light.
Old 09-04-2019, 03:06 PM   #7
2 Rivet Member

Spokane , Washington
Is your step in the open position?? It will beep if and red light will flash if you try to drive off with the step extended. Is the switch step lock in the off position, right above the fire extinguisher?
1919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 04:53 AM   #8
1 Rivet Member

Verona , WI
No, the step was closed and the switch was set for it to close as well. I'm pretty sure the warning came because of the awning as mentioned earlier. Thank you!
Old 09-14-2019, 08:50 AM   #9

Cincinnati , Arizona
I have a 2019 Interstate and the retractable step is making a grinding noise, so Airstream suggested I pull the fuse for the step, but now the travel warning light is on and beeping. Is there a fuse for the travel warning?
Lester19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 05:37 AM   #10
4 Rivet Member

2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Houston , Texas
The grinding noise is likely the top cover of the step dragging on the step as it retracts. If you press down and in (lightly as the step retracts so that you make more clearance to the cover top, it will should be OK. I had a similar situation and added a bit of VHB tape to hold the lid to the chassis.
Mcrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 08:20 AM   #11
1 Rivet Member

2018 Atlas
Boulder , CO
HI there. Noticed you rpost from a while back and I am having the same problem with the Travel Warning light/buzzer.
Did you find the fuses? If so, where are they and did it help.
Thank you so much.
mradin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 02:41 PM   #12
The Gadget Guru

Airstream - Other
2021 Interstate 24GT
Golden Oak , Florida
[QUOTE=KIA59K;2284177I noticed that on the control screen that an alarm popped up. It said that the awning was out. The awning was not out so I hit the button to close it anyway and nothing different happened. Then, I opened the awning a little and closed it again. The alarm signal went off and so did the "Travel Warning"! Something must have jarred the alarm relay while driving and the Travel Warning light must be connected to certain potential hazards that it wants you to know about before you take off. Hope this helps someone else with similar problem. Thanks for all the feedback.[/QUOTE]

I just had the identical issues on my 2021 Interstate GT. The solution was to bend the silver clip on the edge of the awning so that it presses against the white button when the awning is closed. This clip is located on the left side of the awning and can be accessed when the awning is extended just a foot or so.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-10-26 at 4.39.42 PM.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	117.0 KB
ID:	381914  
GadgetGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 07:57 PM   #13
1 Rivet Member

2018 Atlas
Boulder , CO
Update on Travel Warning Light and Buzzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mradin1 View Post
HI there. Noticed you rpost from a while back and I am having the same problem with the Travel Warning light/buzzer.
Did you find the fuses? If so, where are they and did it help.
Thank you so much.
Thank you to all that responded. Finally found the problem was the access door to the generator. The locking mechanism has malfunctioned. A nice rv mechanic was able to silence the buzzer but unable to fix the root problem.
So, I am unable to access the generator at all! I have tried to see an airstream dealer but no one will give me a service appointment. What should I do now?
Thanks again everyone for your inputs!
Old 08-22-2022, 07:23 PM   #14

2022 Interstate 19
Cherry hills , Colorado
Brand new interstate 19 travel warning beeping awning out. NOT

Any ideas how to disconnect this alarm?
Cshames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2022, 08:36 AM   #15

2021 Interstate 24GL
Orlando , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lester19 View Post
I have a 2019 Interstate and the retractable step is making a grinding noise, so Airstream suggested I pull the fuse for the step, but now the travel warning light is on and beeping. Is there a fuse for the travel warning?
We have a 2021 Airstream 24GL. Did you ever find a way to disable the travel warning light and beeping? Our retractable step is in but vibrates loose from sensor when driving. Kind of pain to have to pull off the side of road to hit the step so it touches the sensor. Called airstream to give us fuse location and they are no help/wouldn’t let us know. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
SoulSeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2022, 06:13 AM   #16
Rivet Master

2014 19' International
2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Cedar Rapids , Iowa
Your fuses should be located under the driver’s side seat. In your case, the manual states it’s located in the ottoman. Our older Interstate has a skirt around the seat bottom and you just lift the skirt to see the fuse box panel cover while standing next to the door side.

You may run into issues where the fuse you are searching for actually powers the step.

If you cannot get your dealer to provide assistance, you can email Airstream corporate and they will provide you with better help and more information. Usually the fuses are labeled somewhat as to what they are on the fuse box lids or in the power center labels.

Certainly a dealer should be repairing a situation like this under warranty. Sounds like the gap is not correct for your step clearance or alarm and should be addressed. You may not want to let that issue go to long because once it is out of warranty, you’ll either be listening to an alarm or paying for it out of pocket. Just my two cents on that problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulSeeker View Post
We have a 2021 Airstream 24GL. Did you ever find a way to disable the travel warning light and beeping? Our retractable step is in but vibrates loose from sensor when driving. Kind of pain to have to pull off the side of road to hit the step so it touches the sensor. Called airstream to give us fuse location and they are no help/wouldn’t let us know. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
Hawk-ination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2022, 09:13 AM   #17
Living Riveted since 2013

2016 Interstate Lounge Ext
Green Cove Springs , Florida
Definitely get your dealer to at least check your van in for service so they can identify and annotate the failure of your step. Even if they can't get the part anytime soon, the fact that you opened a warranty claim during the warranty period will count in your favor. The electric step in our 2016 (obviously not under warranty) cost me over $1k to replace, so you don't want to miss getting that on record as needing to be repaired.

Rocinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2022, 04:47 AM   #18
2 Rivet Member

2021 Interstate 19
Menlo Park , California
Travel Warning Buzzer Won’t stop!

I have at 2020 AI 19 with lithium upgrade and a MB replaced starter battery after failure (prior to lithium dealer upgrade re house battery).

While the van was sitting for a couple months my starter battery was dead. I restarted after a 4 hour deep charge with a battery charger in the starter battery. After driving it a bit the various alarms reset and both the starter and house batteries are operating normally.

Except, the Travel Warning light blinks and when the van is started and in gear (ie moving) the buzzer goes off too. I opened partially and closed the awning and same with door step. No change. Why won’t the alarm and buzzer stop? Ideas?
csb333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2022, 10:54 AM   #19
1 Rivet Member

2018 Atlas
Boulder , CO
Warning alarm

Quote:
Good day! The cause(s) of the problem for us were:

Stabilizer was not being fully retracted so make sure it is all the ay up.

A switch/sensor is one of the outside storage compartments went bad. Would indicate everything was locked but one of the doors wasn’t communicating.

Good luck. Hope this is helpful.