Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Sprinter and B-van Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-11-2007, 11:48 AM   #1

Currently Looking...
Santa Fe , New Mexico
Thinking of pulling the trigger

Hello all.
My wife and I are thinking of getting an Interstate and I was hoping to get some feedback on a few questions.

The dealer we visited let it be known that MSRP is not what we would pay. I didn't get a quote yet as we are just starting to look. Is there a normal discount off MSRP that we can look forward to? What did you pay for your Interstate?

We are thinking of doing some 3-5 week tours of the US and Canada. The Interstate seems like a perfect fit for us and our dogs. It would be nice if the awning had screened sides as well. Is there a company that already does this or should I do it on my own.

Thanks for the info. I'm sure more questions will ome up in the future and I appreciate any feedback I get here.

Jake
Jake21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 12:01 PM   #2
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Welcome to the forums! There aren't as many B-van owners as there are Class-A's motor home owners here, but I'm sure there will be someone that can help you on the two questions you asked.

I own a trailer that we purchased new last year. We got 17% off MSRP, IIRC. I could have probably got a little more off if I had tried, but I was comfortable with the price and I wanted the dealer to be happy, too. I think we were both happy when the deal was done. I could be wrong, but I seem to be under the impression that B-vans might be a little easier to get a larger discount. But be sure of the model of the conversion vs. model of the van. I was told by one B-van owner that his was sold as an '06 but the van was actually an '05. Just understand what you are getting.

I'm sure there is someone somewhere that makes a screen enclosure for the awning on the B-van. Seems like there are a multitude of after market products for everything on the market. However, I don't have the name of a vendor to pass along, sorry.

Good luck with your decision. There is a tremendous amount of knowledge covering just about every Airstream product ever made on this forum so I think you have come to the right place.

I think you will be very happy with your Interstate when you have her out on the road.
WBCCI# 4821
https://streaminacrossamerica.com/
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 07:01 PM   #3
Rivet Master

Tonka Bay
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake21
Hello all.
My wife and I are thinking of getting an Interstate and I was hoping to get some feedback on a few questions.

The dealer we visited let it be known that MSRP is not what we would pay. I didn't get a quote yet as we are just starting to look. Is there a normal discount off MSRP that we can look forward to? What did you pay for your Interstate?

We are thinking of doing some 3-5 week tours of the US and Canada. The Interstate seems like a perfect fit for us and our dogs. It would be nice if the awning had screened sides as well. Is there a company that already does this or should I do it on my own.

Thanks for the info. I'm sure more questions will ome up in the future and I appreciate any feedback I get here.

Jake
In paying attention to what people claim to get off MSRP for B vans I would think you should shoot for 15 - 20% off. I suspect if you make an offer of 20% you would probably work your way down to a compromise at 15%. I would be prepared to keep looking if you can't get that. I got 23% off in buying the last Sprinter from an RV dealer desiring to get out of the motorized business to go back exclusively to trailers, 5th wheelers and pickup truck campers. It was also in January.

It is not unusual for the actual van to be the prior year to the conversion year. They don't go hand in hand in years just because of the logistics. For instance right now almost all advertised 2007 conversions are based on the 2006 Sprinter because none of the converters have the 2007 (all new model) yet.

Most all the B vans I looked at had a Fiamma awning. Airstream and all the converters use third party equipment. Mostly just the interior cabinetry and finishing is created in their factory. So if it is a Fiamma awning, Fiamma makes a Florida room enclosure for it. Here it is...

Fiamma Florida Room
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 07:24 AM   #4

Currently Looking...
Santa Fe , New Mexico
Great info. The enclosure sreen is exactly what I was looking for.

Nest question: Whick layout and why? I know it is a personal choice, but I would like to hear from users which floor plan they chose, why and are you happy with the choice. Sometimes I think the mid sleeper is the right choice, sometimes I think the rear sleeper is the way to go.

Thanks,
Jake
Jake21 is offline   Reply With Quote