Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-01-2018, 01:45 PM   #61
3 Rivet Member

2017 Interstate Lounge Ext
Plano , Texas
Wow... those last two houses are awesome. If we build a house next will certainly refer back to those picks as wish list items.
Tobbun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 09:32 AM   #62
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
League City , Texas
Online map shot of the Sedona neighborhood in League City TX, where virtually every garage is a tandem 4-car, but custom builds can also sometimes be ordered (see two properties with double freestanding garages near center of photo below; one side by side, one back to front, and the one to the right of both has either a standalone workshop or granny cottage behind the 4-car tandem).

The builder is a local niche player called Cervelle, and LB_3 actually owned one of these 4-car tandems in another neighborhood when we first met. But his house was (a) only 11 feet ASL (= extreme flood potential and very high insurance rates) and (b) the garage had only 8-foot stud walls with a bricked facade (= I don't even want to know what it would cost to raise the 800 SF second story by four feet) and (c) wasn't a good lay-out for us at the time, including failing to meet the needs of my office. For those reasons, we opted for a whole new 4-car build, which is the one we are in right now. Even if we'd modified his old property to suit us, we would still have been looking at likely eventual flood losses.

There's about a 3-year order backlog on these homes because the price points are still attractive ($250,000 - $350,000) while providing a minimum 4-car standard-height option which a whole lotta folks want badly enough to endure the wait.

InterBlog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 09:42 AM   #63
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Sneedville , Tennessee
We looked at these from a very high level. Crossville is located right on I40 which makes it a very convenient place to start most any trip.

https://gardensrvvillage.com
Tincampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 11:27 AM   #64
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
League City , Texas
Wow - those are awesome.

One feature that really helps to improve the aesthetics of a jumbo-garage house is the line of windows in each garage door - it helps to break up the visual monotony. Alas, we can't have anything like that in a Gulf coastal county. Doesn't meet the newest hurricane code. I tried.
Old 07-02-2018, 11:50 AM   #65

2015 Interstate Coach
League City , Texas
To the OP: I didn't read all the posts here, so sorry if this has been discussed already. I believe that building is actually in the city limits of League City (not Kemah), and the story I heard was that the owner wanted to build a plain metal building but was forced by the city to make it look more like a house than a metal building in order to meet codes, deed restrictions, or whatever exists there. So, this should really be viewed as a commercial building meant to look less-commercial.
bogeygolfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 12:03 PM   #66
3 Rivet Member

Plano , Texas
Doing some work on our “Gazebo”Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4380.JPG
Views:	383
Size:	564.3 KB
ID:	315768
Old 07-02-2018, 01:07 PM   #67
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
League City , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by bogeygolfer View Post
To the OP: I didn't read all the posts here, so sorry if this has been discussed already. I believe that building is actually in the city limits of League City (not Kemah), and the story I heard was that the owner wanted to build a plain metal building but was forced by the city to make it look more like a house than a metal building in order to meet codes, deed restrictions, or whatever exists there. So, this should really be viewed as a commercial building meant to look less-commercial.
Wow, welcome to Air Forums! Another Interstate owner from League City! Yours wouldn't happen to be white, would it? I often march in the LC Christmas Parade with my dog (she is a volunteer therapy animal and our group participates in the parade) and I stumbled across a white Interstate at the end of the parade route a couple of years ago (parked across from the gazebo). Never did learn who owns it.

Anyway, I know that there must be a good story behind that first house I posted. Yes, I do believe its in LC city limits. And it's brand new, so someone got building permits quite recently.

Cervelle shot me an email just a few minutes ago to inform me that they can't build 6-car garages any longer - windstorm won't allow it. But they HAVE added an option for an RV garage with a 12'x14' overhead door. So it sounds like customers have been asking them to build for rigs potentially as large as a Class A.

Edit: Dollars to donuts, that's why some people are building multiple garages on the same property around here. Because the newer codes don't allow for one big one, they have to put several smaller ones, LOL.
Old 07-02-2018, 01:26 PM   #68
Rivet Master

2024 Interstate 19
Fulton , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tincampers View Post
We looked at these from a very high level. Crossville is located right on I40 which makes it a very convenient place to start most any trip.

https://gardensrvvillage.com

A close friend has a home in this development under construction. He has a large Super-C motorhome.
Previous: 2013 Airstream Interstate 3500 Ext Lounge
Boxster1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 11:27 PM   #69
Rivet Master

2018 Interstate Lounge Ext
LV , Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageracer View Post
Pic of my shop on May 1st 2010
VINTAGERACER - Oh, boy. Sad & heartbreaking pic. Won't even ask what's in the "shop" as this thread is all about our favorite toys. I just wish you have recovered.
Alex AVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 11:34 PM   #70
Rivet Master

LV , Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by tevake View Post
Ding ding ding! We now have a strong contender for all time ultimate dream garage. Mr RLWardd, that is really a beautiful design! Plenty of room for Rv, large boat, sport car, plus the offhand mentioned antique boat and motorcycles.

And it does look like a guest house, sweet!

Cheers Richard
RICHARD - I have to agree. When I looked at the pics, I really did not see the whole picture until I read your post and then looked back at RLWARDDs pics. Then I realized it was a guest house in disguise. Yeah, taking advantage of the slope was brilliant design. I have never seen anything like it. That rv garage(s) would be hard to beat !
Old 07-05-2018, 06:34 AM   #71
1 Rivet Member

2019 33' Classic
Maplewood , Ohio
Here is what we have done for a house/large garage solution

Hello All,
1st post on the forum, but this topic I really took interest in. Attached is one photo of how we solved the issue of a house with a large garage attached. House is roughly 2500 sf and the garage is roughly 2500 sf. Part of the garage even has radiant heat in the floors. Let me know if you would like more photos, floor plans or elevation views.

Thanks,
Jamie
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6874.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	263.0 KB
ID:	316009  
kjseed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 08:27 AM   #72
Rivet Master

1962 28' Ambassador
1961 19' Globetrotter
1962 26' Overlander
Mesa , Arizona
Here you go, turned you over. And welcome to the forum.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180705_072613.jpeg
Views:	103
Size:	68.9 KB
ID:	316014

Hittenstiehl
Hittenstiehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 08:45 AM   #73
Prof. of Pending Projects

2018 Tommy Bahama Interstate
Orlando , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobbun View Post
Doing some work on our “Gazebo”
And!!!!???

Posts replaced with longer ones? or modifying to extend the size of the Gazebo on the side to accommodate the AI?
WBCCI #26769
2018 Airstream Interstate 3500 Lounge EXT Tommy Bahama w/ARS
wachuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 09:49 AM   #74
3 Rivet Member

Plano , Texas
Yep... Those existing cross beams are getting replaced.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4391.JPG
Views:	78
Size:	569.4 KB
ID:	316016

Changed the direction of the roof. The height is going up to 10'6".
Old 07-05-2018, 10:37 AM   #75
3 Rivet Member

Plano , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjseed View Post
Hello All,

1st post on the forum, but this topic I really took interest in. Attached is one photo of how we solved the issue of a house with a large garage attached. House is roughly 2500 sf and the garage is roughly 2500 sf. Part of the garage even has radiant heat in the floors. Let me know if you would like more photos, floor plans or elevation views.

Thanks,

Jamie

I would be interested to see more about that garage. All one level?

That is really cool looking and appears you have a view that goes forever...
Old 07-06-2018, 12:32 AM   #76
Rivet Master

LV , Nevada
Quote:
Hello All,

Thanks,
Jamie
JAMIE - Welcome to the forum. Would love to see more, especially floor plan
Old 07-06-2018, 02:14 PM   #77
1 Rivet Member

2019 33' Classic
Maplewood , Ohio
Floor plan and Elevations

Hittenstiehl, thanks for rotating the previous photo. The new attachments are oriented correctly, I think.
Tobbun, see attached floor plan and elevations. 2 stories to the living quarters. The bank wasn't interested in funding a 1 bedroom, 1 1/2 bath home. The upstairs bedrooms don't often get used. This was only done, so that funding of the project could be obtained. 2nd story is plumbed for a full bath, but not installed at the time of build due to not needing it, it's just the wife and I, and budget constraints at the time of build. We will most likely be adding the upstairs bath in the near future. In the end, the addition of the 2nd story helped in making the home and garage roof lines tie together at the same elevation. We live in rural mid west Ohio, so not much but fields around us. 1 acre pond in front of the house.
Alex AVI, floor plan and elevations attached. Looking at the floor plan quickly, I realize that there were a few minor changes during the build. 1/2 bath layout changed a bit and the layout of the mechanical room changed. House is build on a slab with polished concrete floors on the main floor of the living quarters. Radiant heat in the floor of the living quarters as well as the 2 smaller rooms of the garage.
Let me know if you have any more questions.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Floor Plan.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	217.8 KB
ID:	316134   Click image for larger version

Name:	Elevation 1.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	371.9 KB
ID:	316135  

Name:	Elevation 2.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	398.6 KB
ID:	316136  
kjseed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 02:24 PM   #78
Rivet Master

1962 28' Ambassador
1961 19' Globetrotter
1962 26' Overlander
Mesa , Arizona
KJ you are welcome.

Nice house plan and doesn't look to overly large (until you have to walk the perimeter :0) from the front.

Hittenstiehl
Hittenstiehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 02:39 PM   #79
Rivet Master

LV , Nevada
Quote:
House is build on a slab with polished concrete floors on the main floor of the living quarters. Radiant heat in the floor of the living quarters as well as the 2 smaller rooms of the garage.
Let me know if you have any more questions.
JAMIE - love that floorplan. When I was in engineering, I minored in architecture. So I can appreciate a house just from looking at floorplans alone. Seeing the elevations & pics obviously make it much more beautiful to see. I always wanted polished concrete floors. Always thought of how cool it would be to place a lot of our traditional furnishings and heirloom'ed antiques from grandparents on an industrial looking floor. But convincing wife is still work in progress. I got her ok on epoxy floors, but not yet on polished concrete. May have to start small, like polished concrete counters

BTW - I also like the symmetry of the plan. I am not too good with making asymmetrical designs. It is much harder for me to visualize.
Old 07-06-2018, 05:06 PM   #80
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
League City , Texas
I'm slappin' myself.

Why didn't I start this thread four years ago?!

Such fantastic content is coming into it.

Thanks everyone!