Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Sprinter and B-van Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2018, 08:57 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2018 Atlas
Anderson , Indiana
The ATLAS is HISTORY !!!!!!!

Hello all, After too many problems and just a lack of the selling dealer and the AS factory to respond to warranty issues or just no response at all after numerous texts and phone calls . enough is enough and as of today the AS Atlas is gone and have gone to a other brand. Sorry Airstream but if you want to keep 1st time buyer of your product DONT MAKE THEM PAY FOR WORK UNDER WARRANTY THAT WAS A PRODUCTION LINE MESS UP. ( radio was HOT WIRED to the S.A.M. in the sprinter that was causing all kinds of malfunctions I.E. sudden airbag deployment when driving down the interstate at 70MPH that MB fixed but AS wouldn't cover under warranty!!!! luckily no was hurt or killed just scared out of there wits. wife refused to ride in it after that incident.... So good luck to future ATLAS buyers as for me this last of many was too much!!!!
Old 07-24-2018, 09:27 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2012 Avenue Coach
Corpus Christi , Texas
Very Sad.

I hope this is not a trend.
Old 07-24-2018, 10:18 PM   #3
The Aluminum Tent 3

2014 23' Flying Cloud
Park City , Utah
Sorry to hear. I am having trouble understanding that there was a wiring issue with your coach that caused airbag deployment, and Airstream would not cover under warranty. Nor Mercedes Benz? You mentioned MB fixed it but Airstream wouldn't cover it. Are you saying you had to pay MB to fix? On a brand new vehicle? There has to be more to the story here. Unfortunately there were no posts about this issue during your time dealing with this, just 3 posts right after you got it, and then this post that you got rid of it. I am genuinely curious to know how on a brand new vehicle, neither AS or MB would cover under warranty?

Glad that incident didn't cause any injury or loss of life.
Good luck with your new RV.
Old 07-24-2018, 11:38 PM   #4
1 Rivet Member

2018 Atlas
Anderson , Indiana
I had to pay MB because it caused by bad wiring job by AS. So it wasn’t a problem on their end. AS Said that since it was MB part that was fix they don’t cover it as well. A classic case of point the finger at the other. This was just the tip of other quality control miss steps on AS part 30 pages of things wrong and it was still growing when traded off. I had just had enough. The dealership said that since it so much and they are close to the factory just to take it there and let them fix it. AS said that they couldn’t fix everything until later this year. After the airbag incident I have lost all confidence in the motorhome and AS to take responsibility for there lack of ownership of problems. In over 40 yrs of RV’s ( class a, class c, class b) ownership I never has so many defects in one unit.
Old 07-25-2018, 12:26 AM   #5

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
I am also very sad to hear this story. I am very disappointed in Airstream as a company for not standing behind their brand new product. This almost sounds like a Lemon Law situation.

I am also very disappointed in Airstream for not bending over backwards to correct this situation ASAP.

After hearing this story, I think a lot less of the Airstream Company.

Brian
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with ProPride
2020 Silverado 2500 (Vivian)
2023 Rivian R1T (Opal)
Old 07-25-2018, 06:33 AM   #6
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
League City , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skymech9 View Post
.... as of today the AS Atlas is gone and have gone to a other brand. ...
How did you manage this without losing a boat-load of $$$$ on the transaction??
Old 07-25-2018, 07:29 AM   #7
3 Rivet Member

2011 Interstate Coach
Tulsa , Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by InterBlog View Post
How did you manage this without losing a boat-load of $$$$ on the transaction??
This is not a monetary issue, it is a customer satisfaction and most importantly a MAJOR safety issue. If your spouse will not ride in the vehicle it is a domestic tranquility issue also. It is very bad that a consumer has to take it in the wallet like this. Shame on AS.
The next safety issue I expect to be addressed by not only AS but the RV industry is failures related to GVWR of the loaded vehicle. In a recent survey by AS/Thor Industries sent to me spent a lot of questions concerning GVWR and speeds vehicle was driven at. Watch your GVWR closely, most B's and B+ are close to the max GVWR dry, before you put your stuff and people in the vehicle.
Old 07-25-2018, 07:34 AM   #8
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
League City , Texas
I'd like to hear more details from the OP. It IS a money issue, and it's also an ethical issue because, who is this thing being sold to, if it really has these defects? These are some of the most serious that have been alleged on this forum. This OP seems legit but sometimes people do troll. I'm not saying that the OP has done that - I'm just saying that it would benefit the community to receive more factual details of this transaction.
Old 07-25-2018, 07:50 AM   #9
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Sorry for your troubles!

FWIW here is the Atlas thread:

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f240...ey-172716.html

FWIW
Old 07-25-2018, 09:05 AM   #10
Rivet Master

2015 28' Flying Cloud
2018 33' Classic
Cumming , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by OTRA15 View Post
Sorry for your troubles!

FWIW here is the Atlas thread:

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f240...ey-172716.html

FWIW

Not surprised. Our new 2018 Classic 33 is stored for summer because of so many problems, several that were fixed at JC in June and are now unfixed, again. Earliest return appointment to JC is September 27. We’ll get things fixed then probably sell it since we are regretting our purchase. Currently looking at Leisure Travel Vans.
Old 07-25-2018, 09:15 AM   #11
1 Rivet Member

2022 30' Classic
2010 16' International
ft. myers , Florida
Has you dealer been in contact with JC to provide you help?
Old 07-25-2018, 09:40 AM   #12
Fit
1 Rivet Member

2018 25' International
Ottawa , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaRon View Post
Not surprised. Our new 2018 Classic 33 is stored for summer because of so many problems, several that were fixed at JC in June and are now unfixed, again. Earliest return appointment to JC is September 27. We’ll get things fixed then probably sell it since we are regretting our purchase. Currently looking at Leisure Travel Vans.
What kind of problems did you have on your 2018 that forced you to store it?
We recently purchased a 25' 2018 International and have had some quality issues but we have managed to fix them as best we could because our dealer is a 7 hour drive.
Old 07-25-2018, 09:45 AM   #13
1 Rivet Member

2018 Atlas
Anderson , Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by fladealer View Post
Has you dealer been in contact with JC to provide you help?

Yes. And was told that they could do nothing until much later this year due to being backed up with repairs.
After the warranty issue that I had to pay for that was the last straw and got rid of the atlas.
Old 07-25-2018, 09:51 AM   #14
Rivet Master

2010 25' FB Flying Cloud
Davenport , Iowa
For ALL of you with these problems, form a caravan and proceed to JC and BLOCK ALL ENTRANCES until they listen. SHUT DOWN THE PLANT UNTIL PROBLEMS ARE FIXED.

MARCH ON
Old 07-25-2018, 09:56 AM   #15
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
League City , Texas
I hope you were able to use the lemon law to get outback of your purchase without too much of a financial hit.
Old 07-25-2018, 10:04 AM   #16
4 Rivet Member

2004 22' Safari
Albuquerque , New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skymech9 View Post
Yes. And was told that they could do nothing until much later this year due to being backed up with repairs.
After the warranty issue that I had to pay for that was the last straw and got rid of the atlas.
They are backed up with repairs because Thor has been greedy and is putting no quality control into the AS units. What goes around comes around.
Old 07-25-2018, 10:10 AM   #17
Rivet Master

2012 23' FB International
Woodstock , Ontario
Kinda sounds like a small claims court would have gotten some satisfaction. Bet one or the other would anti-up if lawyers fees were involved
JCW
Old 07-25-2018, 10:13 AM   #18
1 Rivet Member

2018 Atlas
Anderson , Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by LB_3 View Post
I hope you were able to use the lemon law to get outback of your purchase without too much of a financial hit.

No lemon law. I got a really good deal when I purchased it due the person that was going to get it back out. I seem to think mine was a rush job to get it out. The selling dealership told me that the Atlas wasn’t due to hit the dealerships until April. And if I didn’t want to wait that this was a chance to get one sooner.
With every thing that has happened I just wanted it gone. It wasn’t as big as a hit as you might think. And the replacement unit is almost half the price so I’m getting a check for the difference between the 2.
Old 07-25-2018, 10:18 AM   #19
Prof. of Pending Projects

2018 Tommy Bahama Interstate
Orlando , Florida
Very sorry to read this... that really sucks.

Can you share what you replaced it with? Leisure Travel Van Unity?
WBCCI #26769
2018 Airstream Interstate 3500 Lounge EXT Tommy Bahama w/ARS
Old 07-25-2018, 10:26 AM   #20
1 Rivet Member

2018 Atlas
Anderson , Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by wachuko View Post
Very sorry to read this... that really sucks.

Can you share what you replaced it with? Leisure Travel Van Unity?

Entegra Qwest. They used to be Travel Supreme before being bought by Jayco. I have heard that they have issues as well but they can’t be as bad as the ones from AS.
maybe I should just go back to my roots and do tent camping....LoL
Closed Thread