Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-21-2018, 07:48 PM   #41
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
League City , Texas
Yeah, I saw that, and I emailed the seller, but I did not ask about that part of it. The thing looks like it's in good shape. If there's a title issue in our area, it's very often a flood problem, duh. But that thing is in the upper Midwest.

He said he'd change the 3500 reference.
InterBlog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 07:07 AM   #42
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
League City , Texas
So, for the benefit of that new OP on the other thread, I did a quick scan to see what's for sale right now in the way of T1N Interstates. When I clicked on one particular URL, instead of bringing me to a listing, it brought me to a site called "Antiscammers".

Apparently, as it advertises, prospective buyers can pay two bucks to see whether the referenced Interstate sales listing is authentic.

OR, they could come to this forum and ask all of us for free, LOL.

Example:

http://www.antiscammers.org/cathy-cr...interstate-rv/
Old 02-28-2018, 07:38 AM   #43
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
League City , Texas
I really need to get out more often...

...out onto the open internet, that is.

I'm not going to link to this one because I suspect it may be a scam in its current incarnation. Miscellaneous internet reports claim that the lister is fraudulent. But in all likelihood, somebody somewhere authentically listed this one for sale at some point, from which this photo and others were perhaps scraped and later re-posted.

She was loved, wasn't she? Look at that solar! This is the only T1N Interstate we've ever seen with vaulted panels similar to ours. Except this one has even more panels. Very nice job. After all that work and investment, it must have sucked for the owner to have parted with her.

Old 03-06-2018, 05:49 AM   #44
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Sneedville , Tennessee
2010 ai - $35,400?

Wow, did anyone notice this 2010 that sold on eBay for less than $36k? Looks good and was at a dealer in Scottsdale, AZ. Has a few miles on it - nearly 200k!

http://r.ebay.com/OJTrqj
Tincampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 06:07 AM   #45
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
League City , Texas
It might have been a shill. Notice that the eBay seller boasts only one sale - THAT sale (= red flag). Furthermore, going to the seller's website yields some curious results, including the fact that they also list a Porsche for sale (at an Airstream dealer?!). When one clicks on the Googlemap for the seller's stated address of business, it's a furniture store. Even if a subsequent owner bought the property, the real estate is not configured for vehicle sales. I find the whole thing suspicious for these reasons.

I don't keep up with NCV3 potential scams because I don't know the market as well as I do for the T1Ns, or else I'd investigate further. I hope that some innocent person is not getting screwed over this.
Old 03-06-2018, 06:29 AM   #46
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Sneedville , Tennessee
I think it is legit. They do take trade-ins and consignments, looking at their facebook page, they seem to have lots of inside storage of their inventory. Other than the miles, someone got a heck of a deal. Looks like it was never camped in and used primarily for transportation.
Old 03-06-2018, 06:49 AM   #47
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
League City , Texas
My next logical question was going to be... does Airstream publish a list of bona fide dealers? The answer is yes per their website, and they do list that Scottsdale dealership.

However, sometimes what happens is that there appears to be one or more dirty employees WITHIN dealerships. Remember the recent case of the Wyoming outfit that posted your Interstate for sale? We KNOW that was a scam listing, and yet at least some business branches of that dealership appear to be quite legitimate per both public and news media records. I tracked down one of the corporate owners and sent him an email alerting him to the fact that he had this activity going on apparently within his organization. I never got a reply.

I don't know if this latest sale is legit or not - these are just some things to keep in mind while doing due diligence.
Old 03-07-2018, 05:57 AM   #48
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
League City , Texas
Andy put this one back on the market. Anyone watching the recent sales pattern knows that he has been holding it for months now, so a good deal might be attainable.
Old 03-07-2018, 01:03 PM   #49
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Sneedville , Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by InterBlog View Post
Andy put this one back on the market. Anyone watching the recent sales pattern knows that he has been holding it for months now, so a good deal might be attainable.
Itís a consignment from the guy who bought it from him last time. This vehicle is in very bad shape. We were so disappointed after driving all the way to Memphis from East Tennessee for nothing.

At best it is worth $35k.
Old 03-13-2018, 08:47 PM   #50
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
League City , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tincampers View Post
...At best it is worth $35k.
LOL... it seems that the market agrees very well with you (and/or the market is reading this Air Forums thread). The thing ran to $35,003.99 in today's bidding, which did not meet reserve. I don't know what those boys are hoping for, but they may need to adjust their expectations.
Old 03-14-2018, 10:15 AM   #51
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Sneedville , Tennessee
Quote:
LOL... it seems that the market agrees very well with you (and/or the market is reading this Air Forums thread). The thing ran to $35,003.99 in today's bidding, which did not meet reserve. I don't know what those boys are hoping for, but they may need to adjust their expectations.
Well, Iím sure the true owner, not Andy, would like to get his money back but that isnít going to happen. We knew immediately upon seeing this vehicle that we werenít interested at $46k.
Old 03-14-2018, 10:28 AM   #52
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
League City , Texas
We had a case similar to that in Houston when we were shopping for our rig. A young man had bought a used T1N Interstate, then got into financial distress and had to sell it. But meanwhile he had begun deconstructing the cabinetry...why?? He left it in such a state that he couldn't possibly fetch a price that would cancel out his loan. Dumb animal of the long-eared donkey variety.
Old 03-14-2018, 11:15 AM   #53
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Sneedville , Tennessee
Quote:
We had a case similar to that in Houston when we were shopping for our rig. A young man had bought a used T1N Interstate, then got into financial distress and had to sell it. But meanwhile he had begun deconstructing the cabinetry...why?? He left it in such a state that he couldn't possibly fetch a price that would cancel out his loan. Dumb animal of the long-eared donkey variety.
Yeah, not the brightest bulb in the pack.
Old 03-19-2018, 01:25 PM   #54
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
League City , Texas
Here is a paint job mod the likes of which I've never seen before...

Dinette twin, looks in fair shape, but the mileage may be problematic. Yes, the T1Ns can go 500K before the engine gives out, but significant expenses can still occur starting around 200K.
Old 03-20-2018, 08:37 AM   #55
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
League City , Texas
Back to that 2004 on consignment to Andy:

If at first you do not succeed, try the Buy It Now route. At least they've put their cards on the table in stating a minimum acceptable price, which the market still might not agree with.
Old 03-20-2018, 04:25 PM   #56
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Sneedville , Tennessee
Quote:
Back to that 2004 on consignment to Andy:

If at first you do not succeed, try the Buy It Now route. At least they've put their cards on the table in stating a minimum acceptable price, which the market still might not agree with.
That might work. Andy said he was going to fix a lot of the issues with it.
Old 04-16-2018, 06:16 AM   #57
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Sneedville , Tennessee
https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds...l#&gid=1&pid=7
Old 04-16-2018, 07:30 AM   #58
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
League City , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tincampers View Post
WOW - it reappears. But is the listing real?

I reached out to the "seller" providing my email and phone, inviting a call-back to determine if it is legit. I will report any findings on this thread.
Old 04-16-2018, 08:06 AM   #59
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
League City , Texas
My husband and I were discussing this. Husband says, "Hemmings is a pretty good site." I said, "Well, either I'll get a call back, or I won't." My phone rang at precisely that moment. I had to let it roll to VM but I'll turn my attention to it in a little while.
Old 04-16-2018, 09:47 AM   #60
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
League City , Texas
I called the flipper. Reportedly, this seller now has a buyer at the table. In case that transaction falls through, I emailed the flipper with a few pointers as to likely questions that an educated buyer would ask about this particular rig.