Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-07-2017, 09:39 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2006 22' Parkway
Overland Park , Kansas
Swivel Seats

https://www.sprinterstore.com/produc...seat-adapters/

I keep adding these to the cart and then deciding against them. I just can't seem to bring myself to spend that much money on a seemingly simple part. I know engineering and legal liability are involved but 269 x 2 = 538!
Is that the best price?

Anyone have them that doesn't like them? Wants to sell them? Experiences with them?

We travel as 4 people so to have 2 big teenage boys get the heck out of the way would be nice.

The other problem I have is I would really like to change the seats out anyway and don't know if this is money thrown away or I would still need this as part of the solution for the replacement with a seat that has a footrest. Like this.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Toyota-Sienn...d08a0#shpCntId
itsmeok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 10:00 AM   #2
Contributing Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
We have 4 swivel seats and we wouldn't do without them. One of the first steps when we stop for the night is to swivel the front seats. Second row is less important, but it makes using the table a lot more comfortable.

I often sit in the second row watching TV and use the front seat as a footrest.
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 10:10 AM   #3
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
I'm not familiar enough with T1N Sprinters to tell you a definitive yes or no to either the swivels or the recliners.

But I will offer these as food for thought:

If memory serves, the house battery on a 2006 Interstate (including the Parkway) is under the passenger-side front seat, inside the pedestal. You may not be able to install a swivel base on top of the seat pedestal while the battery is in there— unless you can lay the battery on its side to increase vertical clearance. The battery is an AGM, so lying it on its side is possible, if the pedestal compartment has the necessary dimensions.

Because the house battery is inside the front passenger seat pedestal, you probably won't be able to use one of the Toyota seats there. And at the other seat locations, I can't really say whether the existing pedestal is removable to allow you to floor-mount the Toyota swivel seats. Probably not at the driver's seat, anyway. On my NCV3 Interstate, the seat pedestal contains electrical and electronic components and so cannot be removed; I think the same is true for a T1N but I don't know for sure.

To my mind, adding the swivel bases for the existing seats is probably more doable than replacing them all the way down to floor level with the Toyota van swivel recliners.
Old 08-07-2017, 10:19 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
League City , Texas
We have the swivel seat on the passenger side of our T1N. I believe it would clear the battery.

http://interstateblog.blogspot.com/2...tream.html?m=1
LB_3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 05:52 AM   #5
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
League City , Texas
I've deleted that information from my brain's main hard drive, given that we are over and done with front-seat battery issues. But I believe there was a reason why it was not advised. IIRC, the swivel mechanism could be added but only if it were raised up at least another inch, which would make the passenger seat too high for many riders. Something like that.
InterBlog is offline   Reply With Quote