Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Sprinter and B-van Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-20-2017, 06:50 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Swivel chair repair 2014 AI

Our swivel chairs have never been the easiest to use and lock back into place. Recently when trying to swivel the passenger chair, the spring must have broken and the pin is now bent- totally unusable. Is there a part I can order without going through airstream?
Hammertime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 06:44 AM   #2
2 Rivet Member

2012 Interstate Coach
East Hampton , Connecticut
I had the same problem with mine and one of the cables was broken at the finger switch. The dealer spent hours working on it without success so i became impatient and did it myself. I found that the springs were too tight and put too much tension on the switch making the switch very stiff and stressing all of the parts to the point that they break easily. So...consider replacing or modifying those springs to provide less tension. I also found that one spring had been impropery positioned.

I think you have to order replacement parts from Airstream but I seem to recall that Airstream obtains those seats from another source. If you find out the name of that company you might find an alternative supplier.
CAS138 is offline   Reply With Quote