Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-02-2019, 01:55 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2018 Tommy Bahama Interstate
Birmingham , Alabama
Some Cool Stuff BBQ and Transportation

These that remember me know I loved my 2018 Airstream Interstate Grand Tour. As one might expect, it sold quickly. Some things I wanted to share I do help add to everyone's enjoyment.

BBQ: Believe it or not, the GREENEGG brand has a baby GreenEgg. It fits perfectly dead center in the back with plenty of space on all sides. I am a huge GreenEgg fan and it was so much fun to have this.

Transportation: I am 62, I also had a couple of health issue that are resolved. Walking long distance was an issue. I bought two folding Electric Scooters. Segway Ninebot ES2 and Glion Dolly. They both fit under the bed when it was extended. My last trip I was really far away from the pool/hot tub in the resort I was in. The spot was good because of the shade give from the trees. I pulled out the electric scooter and it was more fun then you can imagine.

Well that is my contribution. One day soon, I will see you all again. Be well.

Proud new owner of a 2018 Airstream Interstate Grand Tour Tommy Bahama
Previously owned a 2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 25 ft.
sthrngary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 05:47 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2013 Interstate Coach
Waterloo , Iowa
Could you include a link to the baby green egg. The only small one that I found is too big to fit in the AI - and weighs 75#!

I have a Smokey Joe Jr. I modified the legs to make it short enough to fit into a tub that slides under the fold-down bed wings on the Lounge EXT. The tub holds all grilling stuff - charcoal, chimney, lighter fluid. While not airtight we have never noticed the smell that is right beneath our heads while sleeping. But I do make sure to get the grate good and hot when done cooking, to burn off the cooking remnants.
Titus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 03:04 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2018 Interstate Lounge Ext
LV , Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by sthrngary View Post
I bought two folding Electric Scooters. Segway Ninebot ES2 and Glion Dolly.
STHRNGARY - which one you liked best?
Alex AVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 08:12 AM   #4
3 Rivet Member

Birmingham , Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex AVI View Post
STHRNGARY - which one you liked best?
The honest answer is Neither. These scooters are just fine. For me, I want more speed and structure for my weight which is 250lbs. So, I game my Ninebot to my Daughter. My wife Drives the Glion Dolly. I bought a new Boosted REV which is very expensive ($1600.00).
If you are asking me to choose between Ninebot and Dolly, I would choose the Dolly on the build quality. Hope that helps.

Old 08-05-2019, 08:16 AM   #5
3 Rivet Member

Birmingham , Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titus View Post
Could you include a link to the baby green egg. The only small one that I found is too big to fit in the AI - and weighs 75#!

I have a Smokey Joe Jr. I modified the legs to make it short enough to fit into a tub that slides under the fold-down bed wings on the Lounge EXT. The tub holds all grilling stuff - charcoal, chimney, lighter fluid. While not airtight we have never noticed the smell that is right beneath our heads while sleeping. But I do make sure to get the grate good and hot when done cooking, to burn off the cooking remnants.
First, Titus, how are you? You are one of the best folks on this board. I think I met you at the Can Opener two years ago. Anyway, I bought my tiny Green Egg about two years ago. It weighs 45 lbs. It cooks three burgers to one really large steak. I went online and could not fine one or the size either. The best approach is to call your local Green Egg store. These are not sold outside of retail. The stores near me had one the late time I checked.

Old 08-05-2019, 12:37 PM   #6
Rivet Master

1973 Argosy 24
hartselle , Alabama
I have a large big green egg for home use. I love the big green egg but wish I had purchased my Char Griller Acorn jr first. I would have saved a thousand dollars and purchased the full size Acorn for home use. The Acorn jr cooks every bit as well as the big green egg and holds it temps just as well. From slow cooking at 200 degrees to searing steaks at 500 degrees this little grill can do it all. The Acorn jr can be had from online companies or from your local Lowe's for around 150.00. It weighs in at 40lbs including the internal smoker stone which is a must for slow/smoke cooking. The Acorn jr comes ready for travel with cooking grate hold downs and easy to operate ash pan dump. Just my two cents. Happy travels.Click image for larger version

Name:	20190805_133631.jpeg
Views:	30
Size:	159.1 KB
ID:	348602
1973Argosy is offline   Reply With Quote