Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Sprinter and B-van Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-12-2018, 02:49 PM   #1481
Rivet Master

1962 28' Ambassador
1961 19' Globetrotter
1962 26' Overlander
Mesa , Arizona
Those samples are very nice.

Hittenstiehl
Hittenstiehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 07:49 PM   #1482
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
League City , Texas
Here is one possible configuration for the Flor tiles in the T1N Interstate, butcher paper cut to same size.

Notice it is not a straight shot down the hallway. There's a cabinetry jog at the aft end of the wet bath, and another jog at the leading edge of the couch. It would be very hard to adapt ANYTHING to this space in a way that fully filled the floor space. The only way to do that would be to custom fit permanently-installed carpet in the same manner as we did our cab (and someone else did with the marine teak-look carpet). And I don't want to do that because of the sawdust issue we have.

These shapes represent a trio, another trio, and a trimmed pair of the Flor tiles (pair in front of the slider). The 19.7" tile width is pretty much perfect for this kind of application, if one wanted to end up with this kind of configuration.

Husband says, "Order 3 and see how they are. If you like them, order 5 more."

InterBlog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 08:20 PM   #1483
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Yep, that would work, but it’s a lot to take up and beat everyday, IB.

I have that same jutting out trim, preventing one continuous piece.

Maggie
Old 10-22-2018, 10:18 AM   #1484
3 Rivet Member

2018 23' Flying Cloud
Dungville next to Donkeytown , Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by InterBlog View Post
Here is one possible configuration for the Flor tiles in the T1N Interstate, butcher paper cut to same size.

Notice it is not a straight shot down the hallway. There's a cabinetry jog at the aft end of the wet bath, and another jog at the leading edge of the couch. It would be very hard to adapt ANYTHING to this space in a way that fully filled the floor space. The only way to do that would be to custom fit permanently-installed carpet in the same manner as we did our cab (and someone else did with the marine teak-look carpet). And I don't want to do that because of the sawdust issue we have.

These shapes represent a trio, another trio, and a trimmed pair of the Flor tiles (pair in front of the slider). The 19.7" tile width is pretty much perfect for this kind of application, if one wanted to end up with this kind of configuration.

Husband says, "Order 3 and see how they are. If you like them, order 5 more."

Where oh where did you get that Mag board? Love the idea. TIA.

You had me down as a damsel?
Darling, I'm the wolf.
Joannadannna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 05:13 AM   #1485
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
League City , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joannadannna View Post
Where oh where did you get that Mag board? Love the idea. TIA.
Container Store. It's in that location because our front passenger seat swivels around so that I can work at our Lagun table, which has one of its two receiver mounts on the butt end of that galley. I use those magnetic implements when I'm working in my "front office". Holds breakfast burritos as well as computer peripherals.

Old 10-23-2018, 08:16 AM   #1486
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
League City , Texas
I ordered three Flor tiles this morning. There's a promotion of 15% off for new customers plus free shipping right now, so the trio came to about $61. If I like the way they behave in the rig, I'll probably order more.
Old 10-25-2018, 10:55 AM   #1487
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
I found these little guys at WalMart this morning...a 4 pack of 4 ounce Ball jars.

I’d been on the lookout for little somethings that would fit into the spice racks we older models have in our galley, where I like to keep frequently used seasonings.

I had traditional spice type jars there in the other Interstate, but pitched them all as they were scratched up and otherwise messy looking.

I need something airtight, for things like onion, garlic and other powders, which are susceptible to humidity and like to clump.

Glass, I know, but very sturdy glass if they should fall, and just the right size...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BE3372B5-1292-44B2-9778-25B09F4F603F.jpeg
Views:	85
Size:	30.0 KB
ID:	326257  
Old 10-25-2018, 11:05 AM   #1488
Rivet Master

1962 28' Ambassador
1961 19' Globetrotter
1962 26' Overlander
Mesa , Arizona
Those look fantastic!

I love love love canning jars. If you had not told us what they were intended for and I had not looked at the size closer I would have wrongly assumed that they were regular size canning jars.

Very nice.

Hittenstiehl
Old 10-26-2018, 08:16 AM   #1489
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Tooooo cute!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	550910B9-0EEF-4E6F-8D77-DF1FA92016AC.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	314.5 KB
ID:	326341  
Old 10-28-2018, 06:59 AM   #1490
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
League City , Texas
Back to the flooring issue, see this other thread about Infinity woven vinyl flooring. It's like a hybrid of carpeting and sheet flooring.

If that product had been available when we did our cab flooring, I might have chosen it instead of the marine carpet that we put in - largely for the noise attenuation that I suspect the "heavy duty" (quarter inch) product would provide. And also its clearly superior ability to stay clean. I overlaid our cab carpet with Lloyd's Rubbertite mats, but it would have been nice to have a single integrated product.

It is potentially of interest to T1N owners who have the snap-in cab carpet system, similar to what the boat has in the video. Spendy, though.
Old 10-31-2018, 11:54 AM   #1491
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
League City , Texas
Here are the first 3 Flor tiles. A definite design and aesthetic upgrade from the commercial restaurant mat I had here. I'm going to order more.

It's abundantly clear to me, however, that I'm going to have to de-install those OEM table leg receiver cups between the couches (which I can do because we switched to a Lagun table mount). These carpet tiles are far too stiff to ride over those flanges smoothly. They need to sit on a flat surface.

The tiles are not that slippery on the floor. I may be able to get away without adhesive. I'd prefer to just attach the carpet tiles together in small groups (so that I can take them out and thrash them in manageable sizes).

Old 10-31-2018, 12:31 PM   #1492
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Those look beautiful, IB.

I’m goung to wait awhile to get some for mine, as my current three throw rugs are new.

Maggie
Old 10-31-2018, 02:23 PM   #1493
Rivet Master

1962 28' Ambassador
1961 19' Globetrotter
1962 26' Overlander
Mesa , Arizona
Those look great, a perfect fit, a nice friendly pattern and a resilient color.

Hittenstiehl
Old 10-31-2018, 08:40 PM   #1494
Rivet Master

2008 22' Safari
Spicewood (W of Austin) , Texas
In lieu of a dry-erase board we installed one of these Boogie Board e-Writer boards in our little Airstream. It's an easy way to write grocery reminders or notes to each other and no ink/chalk or other mess. (we mounted it with super-duty Velcro tape and it stays put.)

https://www.costco.com/Boogie-Board-...100462249.html
Boxite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 02:19 PM   #1495
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
League City , Texas
View of all eight Flor tiles, with the ones near the slider not trimmed to fit yet (overlapping in photo).

Blog post here. I'm not done figuring out how to best attach them yet.

Old 11-10-2018, 02:42 PM   #1496
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
They look very nice, and as if they were custom made for your rig.

Good choice!

Maggie
Old 11-10-2018, 03:37 PM   #1497
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
NORTH MYRTLE BEACH , South Carolina
Looks fantastic. Its amazing how much longer yours looks than mine, although I know it's related to photography and floor plan.
Mansderm161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 09:05 PM   #1498
Rivet Master

2018 Interstate Lounge Ext
LV , Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by InterBlog View Post
View of all eight Flor tiles, with the ones near the slider not trimmed to fit yet (overlapping in photo).
INTERBLOG - I like colors like that on any floormats for any of my cars. Shades of grey or graphite or titanium i.e. lighter than black so not every white speck shows but much darker than white so shoe stains dont show for a loooong time.

Edit - I just realized it works well with your ultraleather color too. But even with my oyster (cream) colored ultraleather, I would still choose that family of color for my mats.
Alex AVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 02:01 AM   #1499
Rivet Master

2017 30' Flying Cloud
2008 23' International
Keremeos , British Columbia
The FLOR tiles look fantastic. I was drawn to that pattern too . . . Very Ray Eames-ishLisa

2017 30' FC | 2002 Chinook Destiny | 2008 23' Int. CCD (written off: hail!)
bolerama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 06:54 AM   #1500
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
League City , Texas
LB_3 gets credit for the pattern selection. I initially liked some of the more far-out patterns, but had to concede that they wouldn't fit the rig as nicely.

I'm noodling on how to attach the groups to each other. This paradigm does not exist in the commercial world. Carpet tiles are either adhered to the floor (which I don't want to do), OR they are dovetailed and floating free. Best example of the latter is trade show flooring where it has to group together but cannot be stuck to the floor because the trade show travels from venue to venue. But trade show flooring can't be sprayed off with a garden hose, and probably wouldn't stand up well to sawdust and fresh tree sap. It's strictly an indoor product.

Once again, van living calls for something that doesn't exist in our consumer nature. Given the stiff, dense nature of the backing, I'm wondering if I can drill a series of tiny holes along the meet-up edges and lash them one by one using outdoor thread. If I just use carpet tape on the back, it will rip off during the first beating.

Trade show carpet: