Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Sprinter and B-van Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-15-2020, 10:49 AM   #1
Rivet Master

2013 Interstate Coach
Waterloo , Iowa
sliding door window

The large upper fixed panel of the sliding door window broke on a recent trip. On a call to A/S JC I learned that they do not sell the fixed pane separate. I was told that I needed to buy the whole unit, which on mine consists of the large fixed upper panel and two lower panels, one of which is a crank-out vent. I was told that later versions had both lower panels vented. Thought as long as I was replacing it I might as well replace with the double vent - as long as it would fit. I went to the Airstream part manuals and the 2014, and 2015 have the same part number as my 2013: 372260-06. Picture shows the three pieces of galss. Then starting in 2016 the part manual shows a single large panel of glass in the sllding door, that is a MB-installed part. I am beginning to doubt what I was told by AS. Do any of you have Interstates with two lower vents in the sliding door? If so, what MY?
Titus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 10:55 AM   #2
Contributing Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
My 2014.5 Lounge had one hinged panel. My 2018 GT has a single large pane. I never used the opening feature on the older AI.

The hinged flap on the earlier models is a security risk. It is very easy to pry open that panel and unlock the door. Much quieter than breaking glass.

The hinged panel on the 2014.5 would partially blow open whenever the sliding door was slammed shut.

I prefer it without the hinged pane.
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 05:02 AM   #3
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Traverse City , Michigan
My 2016 GT is a single solid pane.
Heckler56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 03:32 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2013 Interstate Coach
Waterloo , Iowa
Thanks for the prompt responses. I had not thought of the security issue, but we use that vent more than any other so I want to retain it. I have noticed that the vent burps when shutting the door but, far as I know, that has not hurt the crank mechanism.
Old 09-25-2020, 08:25 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2013 Interstate Coach
Waterloo , Iowa
Window finally replaced. Replacement window didn't seem to fit as tight as the original, but it didn't leak water so I guess all is good. Getting the parts from Airstream was more of an adventure than it should have been. The parts manual did not show seals, and in a call to Airstream learned I needed two - different names, part numbers, and prices. When the local dealer placed my order they were told that the two seals were the same part and only one was needed (never mind different price, part number, and name). To be safe I ordered both seals. Finally got the window. It was supposed to be sent from supplier (DRLawrence) to me. Went to the dealer instead - and sat there for three weeks. Turns out that DRLawrence window included the D seal, and I didn't need either of the ones I ordered (which weren't the same BTW). I did the install myself rather than drive two hours to the dealer, leave Titus, and drive down later to get it. No regrets on that decision - as the dealer said they had never replaced that window and I had at least watched it being done at JC.