Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Sprinter and B-van Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-14-2018, 03:56 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2010 22' Interstate
New Bern , North Carolina
Sliding door window

The knob that controls the sliding door window on my 2010 Airstream interstate seems to have disconnected from the mechanism inside. With the window closed, if I lift it an inch or so on the outside then the mechanism connects and it will crank the window open. However, when I crank the window closed in the closed position the knob seems to be, again disconnected.
Any experience, references or comments would be greatly appreciated.
Prairie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 07:55 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member

2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Camas , Washington
If your window is like my 2014.5 CR Laurence, it’s possible that the tiny gearbox (which is attached to the rod with 2 levers that raise and lower the window) is stripped of a few gears, here’s some info and pics of its access and removal. You may have to order a new one before proceeding with replacement.

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f240...ml#post2016628
Air99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 06:53 AM   #3
2 Rivet Member

2010 22' Interstate
New Bern , North Carolina
Thanks air99; this looks like the information I need. Nothing is as easy as it looks or should be!
Prairie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 08:07 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2024 Interstate 19
Fulton , Maryland
The sliding door windows are problematic. They take a beating with slamming the door shut. Mine leaked until I did major investigation to locate leak in the window frame. I stopped opening mine. Interesting that Airstream eliminated this window on late model Interstates and now just order Mercedes fixed glass on the slider.
Previous: 2013 Airstream Interstate 3500 Ext Lounge
Boxster1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 08:41 AM   #5
4 Rivet Member

2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Camas , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxster1971 View Post
The sliding door windows are problematic. They take a beating with slamming the door shut. Mine leaked until I did major investigation to locate leak in the window frame. I stopped opening mine. Interesting that Airstream eliminated this window on late model Interstates and now just order Mercedes fixed glass on the slider.

Agreed, and they finish the inside with mouse fur panel and shade to match the rest of interior, much nicer than the odd 2 piece Velcro curtain.
Air99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 12:55 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2018 Interstate Lounge Ext
LV , Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxster1971 View Post
MIKE - yes, glad I do not have it on mine. I would have preferred them on rear door windows, as it is much easier to drive with them open while in process of expelling hot interior air. Not sure if folks drive with the sides open. I do not because I am scared it will fly off or shorten it's life expectancy.
Alex AVI is offline   Reply With Quote