Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-02-2023, 09:37 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2021 Interstate 24GT
San Ramon , California
Side View Camera Outage

We have an Interstate 24 GT. Just discovered that the right side view camera is having connection problems. It normally comes on when the blinker is turned on. We are getting a blue screen of death and a “no connection” message. Left and rear work fine. Anyone else have anything similar? Also wondering if it’s a Mercedes or Airstream issue to resolve?

Any ideas appreciated. Thanks!
GigiFrenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2023, 10:33 PM   #2

2019 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Ravensdale , Washington
I had the same issue last year with my 2019 GT. I removed the mirror frame and found the camera connector in the mirror housing. I unplugged it and plugged it back in and the camera came back to life. I’m suspecting there may have been some light corrosion causing the issue and unplugging/ plugging the connector brightens up the contacts. It’s been more than a year and all is well.
odell.tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2023, 03:03 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2017 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Houston , Texas
We have this problem periodically, also on passenger side. It comes and goes. Never found the cause or cure.

We are in process of replacing our rearview camera system, so it will soon be a moot point.
TayaraTravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2023, 09:59 AM   #4
3 Rivet Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Liberty Township , Ohio
In my 2018 AIGT I too experienced the occasional "blue screen of death", camera image cutting in & out and what finally prompted my replacement, was the camera image cloudiness; the result of some sort of permafrost buildup on the inside of the camera lens.

I purchased this Echomaster Camera Kit on eBay (seller asking $ 243.00 OBO, they accepted my $ 150.00 offer). I used only the two circled cameras lenses. Very happy to report that once again have crystal clear camera images and so far no blue screen or camera images cutting in & out.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Echomaster Outside Rearview Mirror Kit.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	326.5 KB
ID:	432868

Unfortunately, as of this posting I was not able to find this same kit anywhere online...however, I did come across the following camera lens from Crutchfield. Uncertain if this is a drop-in replacement, but it looks identical to the OEM camera and with the same connector.
https://www.crutchfield.com/S-RXvfTP...iABEgIggPD_BwE

Name:	Crutchfield Replacement Lens.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	17.4 KB
ID:	432869
(Unfortunate that I did not come across this Crutchfield Lens first for I likely would have tried it. Would have saved myself $ 50.00 after purchasing two...if they worked.)

If you choose the DIY route the following video offers some good instructions on disassembling the mirror to access the camera lens.
(See minute mark 3:00 ~ 4:45)

Once you've got the mirror disassembled it's kind of a hot mess, but not to fret, just take some photos along the way to retrace your connectivity path and it will all work out (hopefully!)

Name:	Outside Rearview Mirror Camera - Internal View.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	368.1 KB
ID:	432870

Name:	Outside Rearview Mirror - Camera Lens Close-Up.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	272.0 KB
ID:	432871

If you're anything like me you won't be able to keep yourself from doing a thorough cleaning of the inside of this mirror housing. In my case 4+ years of dust and dirt accumulation. I also took the opportunity to apply some clear silicone to the inside seam where the black housing and clear turn-signal lens meet. This area did not appear like a 100% snug fit and likely the entry way for most of the dust and dirt.

Good Luck!
Luckysnuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2023, 04:39 PM   #5
3 Rivet Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Liberty Township , Ohio
BTW, if anyone would have interest in any of these remaining rear outside camera kit parts (less the two cameras), please let me know and I'll be happy to ship...given the interested party would be kind enough to reimburse for the shipping costs.

PAC FCTP-MB1104 LINE CHANGING ASSISTANCE MERCEDES BENZ SPRINTER FOR ECHOMASTER
https://www.ebay.com/itm/224742534147

Feel free to PM me if interested.
Luckysnuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2024, 08:15 PM   #6
3 Rivet Member

2021 Interstate 24GL
, California
Hi quick bump here

Would like to see if anyone else has come across this: on specifically a 2020 + AI 24GL or GT. I’m guessing the Atlas and the 19’s are different

So our driver side mirror was working than intermittent on the drive home from new to us purchase. Then went blue, dealer says they’ll start and do all the warranty work.

Honestly I don’t mind doing a little bit of digging to get it fixed in my driveway. I pulled off the plaster rear view mirror housing, which popped off easily, and the cord disappears into the headliner. There’s no connection there.

First thoughts or ideas to point me in a wiring direction I also remove the rear radio to check in there and that does not give me access to the cables or connection of the rearview mirror.

Thanks. Stay safe
3OnOurWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2024, 06:11 PM   #7
Rivet Master

2017 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Houston , Texas
We never discovered the cause of ours (2017 GT). We replaced the whole system with a system from Tadi Brothers.
TayaraTravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2024, 12:36 PM   #8
3 Rivet Member

2021 Interstate 24GL
, California
Just following up on a little bit of homework I did with our echomaster camera system I was able to confirm they are the system installed in a 2021 Airstream and they use a resistor product to step down the voltage from 12 V to 3.3 V and so in speaking to Echo Master they told me I needed to switch out both cables Because the system would see an imbalance and not work so I’m in the process now they referred me to pack audio who is distributor for ECHO and if you can find a stereo shop that carries PAC- audio then you can ask them for the echo master SVC – O2 camera,

Goal is to purchase just the camera and the wiring harness I will take a look at the eBay option didn’t even think about that.

Hope this helps someone. And likely was all caused by the mirrors being folded in and flattening the camera cable inside the A pillar .
Old 02-28-2024, 10:53 PM   #9

Diamond Bar , CA
I believe the camera from Crutchfield is for the backup. It will fit the side mirror fine; however, usually, the blind side cameras use a 70-90 degree camera, whereas this one is ultra-wide at 170 degrees. So, by getting the whole kit and using just the camera might be the way to go if trying to keep it as factory.
ryufoto is offline   Reply With Quote