Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-20-2021, 08:26 PM   #1
Jay Thompson

2009 34' Classic
Tallahassee, , Florida
Sewer hose won’t unreel

I cannot pull the sewer hose off the reel, “release button” seems to unlock, but cannot unreel the hose. Any ideas? The hose came off reel ok the first time, but not now with contents in black and grey tanks

We just purchased a 2017 GT ext.
jaydthompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 08:07 AM   #2
Jay Thompson

2009 34' Classic
Tallahassee, , Florida
Where is the fuse for reel located?
Old 02-22-2021, 07:59 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

2017 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
barrie , Ontario
Hose reel

Your hose reel panel should be the same as our model. You should have two black switches for reeling in and out. In order to reel out you need to hold the switch down while gently pulling the hose out. When reeling in you should gently guide the hose onto the reel and feed it from side to side to load the reel evenly.
There is also a metal toggle switch to turn the macerate off and on.
Hope this helps.
catjer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 12:39 PM   #4
Jay Thompson

2009 34' Classic
Tallahassee, , Florida
The problem is that I inadvertently pressed the reel button and now hose and connection are tight to the reel and will not loosen to pull from reel. No reaction when pressing button so believe the 12v circuit breaker is tripped. Question now is. Where are the 12v breakers?
Old 02-23-2021, 01:35 PM   #5
3 Rivet Member

2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Auburn , Georgia
Try circuit #10, each one is marked for whatis on that fuse. The fuse panel is behind a door under the driver side jump seat.
GETRIDAONE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 10:07 AM   #6
Jay Thompson

2009 34' Classic
Tallahassee, , Florida
Checked fuse in #10 and is good. Although when I removed the fuse, no red light appeared as does appear when removing other fuses. This leads to conclusion that the 12v circuit breaker is tripped. So need to find the 12v circuit breakers. Airstream tech on phone from jc said breakers are behind the fuse panel under the jump seat. Have removed the cover and breakers are not evident, so need help locating . Any ideas?
Old 02-26-2021, 06:57 PM   #7
2 Rivet Member

2017 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
barrie , Ontario
Hi Jay
From reading your last post it sounds like a situation I once had. Behind the fuse panel and under the jump seat you will find your magnum inverter. There is a screened cover but on the right side on the top of the inverter is a switch to reset the breaker for the inverter. This is the only fuse or breaker I know of behind the panel and under the driver side jump seat. Hope this helps.
catjer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 07:53 PM   #8
Rivet Master

2013 Interstate Coach
Raymond , Iowa
Far as I am aware the macerator system uses 12V power from the coach batteries, and that fuse panel (wherever it is) has nothing to do with the invertor breaker. I know the 2017 GT wiring is far different from my 2013 lounge, but can't imagine how/why the macerator system would involve the inverter. On mine the 12V Airstream fuse panel is below the front of the lounge seat. This fuse panel has a bunch of various amperage automotive blade fuses and a few thermal breakers.
Titus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 09:32 AM   #9
Jay Thompson

2009 34' Classic
Tallahassee, , Florida
Sewer hose reel problem solved!!

The "sewer hose not unrolling" problem is finally saved and I now know an immense more about the electrical system in our 2017 Interstate. After interacting with three Airstream contacts I learned that the 12v circuit breakers are located under the driver's side jump seat behind the l12v fuse panel and behind the wooden panel behind the fuse panel. However, the problem was finally determined to be a disconnected connection to the hose reel button in the outside panel. It was working intermittently whenever it touched its connector. After removing the panel twice, I finally noticed the disconnect wire. Reconnected and viola...the reel works.
Old 03-01-2021, 10:31 AM   #10
Slide Out Society #001

2007 30' Classic S/O
Somewhere , South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydthompson View Post
the 12v circuit breakers are located under the driver's side jump seat behind the l12v fuse panel and behind the wooden panel behind the fuse panel.
Hiding in plain sight!

Good you finally found and fixed the problem.

Jay,

Just a noggin jogger. We cooked your special cake in a cardboard box oven a few years ago at Alumalina Palmetto Cove. Glad you're doing well.

Gary
S/OS #001
2005 Dodge Ram 2500 5.9L 6 Speed
16" Michelins, Hi Spec Wheels, Max Brake, Dexter 4 Piston Disc Brakes, Carslile Actuator, Equal-I-Zer, Dill TPMS. Campfire cook.
GCinSC2 is offline   Reply With Quote