Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Sprinter and B-van Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-09-2015, 07:40 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Montrose , Pennsylvania
Seat covers

Does anyone have a recommendation for seat covers for my 2016 Grand Tour?

Thanks!

Bob
bsedor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 08:55 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2011 Interstate Coach
Overland Park , Kansas
Unless you have animals, the Ultraleather is very durable. I've put about 25K miles on mine usually hauling four or five grandkids and no sign of wear yet. I do clean all of the seats after each trip.

2011 Interstate SOLD! Upfitted 2017 Transit 350. SOLD!
73shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 10:55 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

Love these

We installed the Summer Bamboo Automotive Seat Cover (1 Piece) we found on the Amazonian site for around $35 each. So far, so good.
Jbray333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 04:27 AM   #4
ShinyPete

2014 27' Flying Cloud
Bushnell , Florida
I had Wet Okole custom covers on my last F150 because it had very light tan colored cloth seats. Excellent covers, built to order, and they are very durable. They are made from wetsuit material with a myriad of options. Try their website.
ShinyPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 05:21 AM   #5
2 Rivet Member

Montrose , Pennsylvania
Animals

We have 2 small dogs who track mud and debris onto the seats so I do want something to protect the ultra leather. Are the seats supplied by Airstream or do they just recover the Mercedes seats?

Bob
Old 11-10-2015, 05:29 AM   #6
2 Rivet Member

Montrose , Pennsylvania
It doesn't look like Wet Okole shows a Sprinter on their website for covers. They look like a great product though!

Bob
Old 11-10-2015, 06:05 AM   #7
Rivet Master

2011 Interstate Coach
Overland Park , Kansas
The front seats are recovered Sprinter seats. The others are aftermarket.

Old 11-10-2015, 06:14 AM   #8
4 Rivet Member

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Holly Springs , Mississippi
For the front two seats, I think nothing is better than sheepskin -- warm in the winter; cool in the summer; they breathe so no perspiration.

Google Rocky Mountain Shepskin Co.

2016 FC 25' FB twin
2013 F-150 Lariat CrewCab 3.5 EB 4X4 3.55 axle
Bob662 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 06:28 AM   #9
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
League City , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by 73shark View Post
Unless you have animals, the Ultraleather is very durable. I've put about 25K miles on mine usually hauling four or five grandkids and no sign of wear yet. I do clean all of the seats after each trip.
Even WITH animals. I researched this last year and found no reports of damage to Ultraleather from dogs (and Maggie confirmed it). Our dog has been on our seats for the past year and I can see no ill effects. Cats, yes, there were reports of claw damage on the forums.

If the OP just has an occasional mud issue, fitted sheets might hold some potential, especially if the concern is with the couch. The "microfiber" sheets that Walmart sells for about ten bucks a set have elastic all the way around, not just at the corners. They will stay on my couch whether it is raised or lowered (I do have jack-knife couches however; not sure how this would work with the lounge style). If (when!) my dog gets muddy, I would cover my couch with one of my sheet sets for the duration of the filth, then remove and toss in the washing machine. That way I don't have to deal with seat covers in dry weather. I like the sheets because they are extremely light gauge and therefore don't add much weight or bulk.
InterBlog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 07:39 PM   #10
Trying to Retire

Decatur , Illinois
For when I'm out on the gun range or at the ATV track, I bought cheap $10 Walmart elastic covers. That said - my vinyl floor took a hit before the seats did. Normally I put down vinyl pad (custom cut a large exercise room pad, or those puzzle squares).

Last trip out I forgot to take them and scratched my floor pretty bad when pulling the pelican cases out of the mid section. (Rear was full of tool boxes and ammo)

For giggles here is a vid of the training we did.

https://youtu.be/Zi2enw1P6TQ

Mike
Live in the Moment and enjoy today.
MILATV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 09:07 PM   #11
Rivet Master

2011 Interstate Coach
Overland Park , Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by MILATV View Post
For when I'm out on the gun range or at the ATV track, I bought cheap $10 Walmart elastic covers. That said - my vinyl floor took a hit before the seats did. Normally I put down vinyl pad (custom cut a large exercise room pad, or those puzzle squares).

Last trip out I forgot to take them and scratched my floor pretty bad when pulling the pelican cases out of the mid section. (Rear was full of tool boxes and ammo)

For giggles here is a vid of the training we did.

https://youtu.be/Zi2enw1P6TQ

Mike
Looks like fun, kind of an ATV autocross in the mud.