Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-02-2022, 08:59 AM   #1
Just an old timer...
 
85MH325's Avatar

 
2004 22' Interstate
Tipton , Iowa
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 4,681
Images: 37
Score another one for shoddy workmanship from Airstream..

Finally, after 18 years, the fantastic fan's thermostat gave out. Rather than replacing parts on a fan that old, I decided to replace it. I cannot believe how poorly this thing was put in... and the back screws aren't reachable because the luggage rack covers them. What a PITA. Some of the screws have rusted to the point that I may not get them out. Not sure how I'll handle that yet. Worst part is that they installed the van over ribs and just used some kind of wood as spacers. The wood is completely rotted out. I don't understand why, on a van this expensive, they think they can cheap out like that. I know that Nev-r Rot was available in 2004 because I used it in several trailers then.

STILL fixin' my broken Airstreams... since 1987
__________________
havin' to fix my broken Airstreams since 1987...
AIR 2053 Current: 2004 Airstream Interstate "B-Van" T1N DODGE Sprinter
Former Airstreams: 1953 Flying Cloud, 1957 Overlander, 1961 Bambi, 1970 Safari Special, 1978 Argosy Minuet, 1985 325 Moho, 1994 Limited 34' Two-door, 1994 B190 "B-Van"
85MH325 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 10:52 AM   #2
2 Rivet Member
 
1996 19' "B" Van Airstream 190
New Britain , Pennsylvania
Join Date: May 2022
Posts: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by 85MH325 View Post
Finally, after 18 years, the fantastic fan's thermostat gave out. Rather than replacing parts on a fan that old, I decided to replace it. I cannot believe how poorly this thing was put in... and the back screws aren't reachable because the luggage rack covers them. What a PITA. Some of the screws have rusted to the point that I may not get them out. Not sure how I'll handle that yet. Worst part is that they installed the van over ribs and just used some kind of wood as spacers. The wood is completely rotted out. I don't understand why, on a van this expensive, they think they can cheap out like that. I know that Nev-r Rot was available in 2004 because I used it in several trailers then.

STILL fixin' my broken Airstreams... since 1987
I don't know you, so I'll ask: is this posted in jest?
Kstills is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 12:00 PM   #3
4 Rivet Member
 
Rig Rat's Avatar
 
2015 Interstate Ext. Coach
Columbus , Ohio
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kstills View Post
I don't know you, so I'll ask: is this posted in jest?
If this were Faceb**k, that would be a fair question. In my experience with this forum not so!
__________________
Adventure before Dementia!
Rig Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 12:01 PM   #4
Just an old timer...
 
85MH325's Avatar

 
2004 22' Interstate
Tipton , Iowa
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 4,681
Images: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kstills View Post
I don't know you, so I'll ask: is this posted in jest?
It is not. Having worked on Airstreams since I bought my 1970 Safari Special single axle in 1987, and having had some nine Airstream products now (including a B-190,) I can tell you this is not a singular, or exceptional occurrance.

I expect issues working on an 18 year old van... but I've replaced a dozen fantastic fans over the years in various rv products, and the problems with this install are all unnecessary, and self-inflicted by poor choices of materials and location by Airstream. Not uncommon, I might add.
__________________
havin' to fix my broken Airstreams since 1987...
AIR 2053 Current: 2004 Airstream Interstate "B-Van" T1N DODGE Sprinter
Former Airstreams: 1953 Flying Cloud, 1957 Overlander, 1961 Bambi, 1970 Safari Special, 1978 Argosy Minuet, 1985 325 Moho, 1994 Limited 34' Two-door, 1994 B190 "B-Van"
85MH325 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 12:57 PM   #5
Rivet Master
 
2020 23' Flying Cloud
2019 22' Sport
Sebastian , Florida
Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 1,082
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kstills View Post
I don't know you, so I'll ask: is this posted in jest?
I think the number of posts from the OP might address your concern about authenticity.

And from my personal experience, there is plenty of this inexplicable sloppiness built into even newer Airstreams. Our 22 Sport had a reflector mounted to the skin, but the installer hit a rib and stopped with the screw half inserted. A mounting screw on a ceiling fan nicked some wire insulation, causing a stymying failure months down the road.
A window shade on our 23FB was installed with two screws out of four, and one of those was a size smaller than the other, so I got the pleasure of reinstalling that fixture and am looking forward to more detached shades as time goes by.
Iím glad for you that your owner experience leaves you skeptical about these whiny posts.
GetawA-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 01:28 PM   #6
2 Rivet Member
 
1996 19' "B" Van Airstream 190
New Britain , Pennsylvania
Join Date: May 2022
Posts: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by 85MH325 View Post
Finally, after 18 years, the fantastic fan's thermostat gave out. Rather than replacing parts on a fan that old, I decided to replace it. I cannot believe how poorly this thing was put in... and the back screws aren't reachable because the luggage rack covers them. What a PITA. Some of the screws have rusted to the point that I may not get them out. Not sure how I'll handle that yet. Worst part is that they installed the van over ribs and just used some kind of wood as spacers. The wood is completely rotted out. I don't understand why, on a van this expensive, they think they can cheap out like that. I know that Nev-r Rot was available in 2004 because I used it in several trailers then.

STILL fixin' my broken Airstreams... since 1987
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetawA-S View Post
I think the number of posts from the OP might address your concern about authenticity.

And from my personal experience, there is plenty of this inexplicable sloppiness built into even newer Airstreams. Our 22 Sport had a reflector mounted to the skin, but the installer hit a rib and stopped with the screw half inserted. A mounting screw on a ceiling fan nicked some wire insulation, causing a stymying failure months down the road.
A window shade on our 23FB was installed with two screws out of four, and one of those was a size smaller than the other, so I got the pleasure of reinstalling that fixture and am looking forward to more detached shades as time goes by.
I’m glad for you that your owner experience leaves you skeptical about these whiny posts.
The reason I asked is that the problems associated with this gentlemen's van seem to be pretty typical for a vehicle that's 18 years old. And building a camper van on a small van platform and trying to stuff a bunch of things into it will naturally result in some things being more difficult to access than if the design was done on a larger platform. Rusted screws and buried bolts, well, that doesn't seem to be a huge issue. Rotted wood would indicate that more care would need to be taken in monitoring the roof, not necessarily that the design was bad.
Kstills is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 02:04 PM   #7
Just an old timer...
 
85MH325's Avatar

 
2004 22' Interstate
Tipton , Iowa
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 4,681
Images: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kstills View Post
The reason I asked is that the problems associated with this gentlemen's van seem to be pretty typical for a vehicle that's 18 years old. And building a camper van on a small van platform and trying to stuff a bunch of things into it will naturally result in some things being more difficult to access than if the design was done on a larger platform. Rusted screws and buried bolts, well, that doesn't seem to be a huge issue. Rotted wood would indicate that more care would need to be taken in monitoring the roof, not necessarily that the design was bad.
The design and placement are, in fact, bad. The T1N Interstates were not yet as refined as your B-190 that had been produced for some twelve years, IIRC. 2004 was the first year for the Interstate. And, while you're correct that proper and regular roof sealing is necessary, the problem comes from the screws being put in at angles rather than 90ļ, and then burying them under a roof rack rail so they can't be accessed. I am now in the process of using a hand hacksaw to cut the heads off the remaining five screws that have heads that are too far gone to remove. When that process is complete, and the fan is off the roof, it'll be vice-grips to remove the screw shaft.

And installing a fantastic fan on roof ribs without having a proper roof form made for it is just ludicrous. As I said, I've probably replaced or installed a dozen fantastic fans over the past twenty five years. I've NEVER seen such a poorly designed installation as this one. Using unsealed plywood as shims between the roof ribs in an exterior application? Really? No.

On edit... and NOW I have all of the screws either with the heads cut off, or I cut the old fan shroud around them... and I still can't get the fan out because some "technician" at the factory used what appears to be an entire tube of butyl caulk to glue the thing in! I'm not sure what I'm going to do to get THAT broken loose. Fantastic fans are NOT supposed to be sealed in, merely dropped in, screwed down and sealed with butyl caulk. I'm REALLY frustrated with this.
__________________
havin' to fix my broken Airstreams since 1987...
AIR 2053 Current: 2004 Airstream Interstate "B-Van" T1N DODGE Sprinter
Former Airstreams: 1953 Flying Cloud, 1957 Overlander, 1961 Bambi, 1970 Safari Special, 1978 Argosy Minuet, 1985 325 Moho, 1994 Limited 34' Two-door, 1994 B190 "B-Van"
85MH325 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 02:54 PM   #8
2 Rivet Member
 
1996 19' "B" Van Airstream 190
New Britain , Pennsylvania
Join Date: May 2022
Posts: 78
I don't know how much you use the van, but 18 years is a pretty good run for the fan. That it has screws that are hard to remove isn't exactly unique to Airstream, as anyone who lives in the NE and works on their own vehicles would know.

I'm not sure about the hacksaw, I suppose you couldn't get easy outs on the heads. I'm also not sure how the roof rack is attached, as that's another piece that could potentially be removed in order to gain access.

i guess I'm saying it would be great if everything that broke on a car or RV was easy to get to to replace, but sometimes they aren't and parts that aren't damaged have to come off to make the repair. Sucks, but there it is.

Anyway, good luck with the repair. And don't worry too much about the design, mine has a shower that's too small for a 10 year old to stand up in. State of the art circa 1996, lol.
Kstills is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 03:12 PM   #9
Just an old timer...
 
85MH325's Avatar

 
2004 22' Interstate
Tipton , Iowa
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 4,681
Images: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kstills View Post
I don't know how much you use the van, but 18 years is a pretty good run for the fan. That it has screws that are hard to remove isn't exactly unique to Airstream, as anyone who lives in the NE and works on their own vehicles would know.

I'm not sure about the hacksaw, I suppose you couldn't get easy outs on the heads. I'm also not sure how the roof rack is attached, as that's another piece that could potentially be removed in order to gain access.

i guess I'm saying it would be great if everything that broke. on a car or RV was easy to get to to replace, but sometimes they aren't and parts that aren't damaged have to come off to make the repair. Sucks, but there it is.

Anyway, good luck with the repair. And don't worry too much about the design, mine has a shower that's too small for a 10 year old to stand up in. State of the art circa 1996, lol.
I'm more than conversant in working on old vehicles. The ravages of time don't cover up poor construction techniques. It's not the fan I'm complaining about, it's the way Airstream installed it, not according to manufacturer's instructions, and very sloppily done. And then GLUED IN with butyl caulk.

And yes, if you read my posts you'd see that I HAD a '94 B190 with that useless shower. It's in my signature too.

The bottom line is that I expect quality workmanship in a product that is advertised as a quality product. Having had Airstreams now since 1987, I can say with certainty that what passes for quality control at Airstream isn't what I'd expect it to be. And I've found that in every coach I've had newer than about 1975. My experience is not unique among owners either as attested by the number of posts here about Airstream quality control dating back to the origin of the forum in 2002.

I expect age-related issues when attempting a repair on an 18 year old van. I do NOT accept problems that Airstream baked in, either through lack QC, poor design, or sloppy workmanship. And this fan installation has all three.

A fantastic fan install should take about an hour. An R&R maybe two if the old fan was installed properly. Maybe three with age-related issues like rusty screws. I'm now four hours into this and the old fan isn't out yet because of sloppy workmanship on the install. That's unsatisfactory.

Lest you ask why I still have an Airstream, I got rid of my last one, a '94 34' tri-axle trailer in 2006 because I was tired of fixing problems it had. I bought this van because it was $12,000 three years ago, NOT because it was an Airstream. At this point I'm kinda wishing it was a Roadtrek or Coachmen or just about any other brand. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the Airstream-modern interior. I'm just done with their lousy build techniques.
__________________
havin' to fix my broken Airstreams since 1987...
AIR 2053 Current: 2004 Airstream Interstate "B-Van" T1N DODGE Sprinter
Former Airstreams: 1953 Flying Cloud, 1957 Overlander, 1961 Bambi, 1970 Safari Special, 1978 Argosy Minuet, 1985 325 Moho, 1994 Limited 34' Two-door, 1994 B190 "B-Van"
85MH325 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 03:26 PM   #10
Master of Universe
 
Gene's Avatar
 
2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 12,549
No one questions that something failing on a 18 year old fan is not unusual, but that is not what the post is really about. The post before the previous post sounds like blaming the victim.

Those of us with lots of experience owning Airstreams divide into several groups—those with poor workmanship and materials, those lucky enough to have one with few or no problems and those who accept lots of problems as “normal”. We had lots and lots of problems, had to argue with the company at times to get things fixed, had a dealer who was difficult and damaged the trailer, fixed most myself after warranty expired, and wondered whether we had wasted our money on a so-called “premium trailer”.

If you have had your Airstream since 1996 or bought it recently. glad to hear you are one of the lucky ones.
__________________
Gene

The Airstream is sold; a 2016 Nash 24M replaced it.
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 03:43 PM   #11
Rivet Master
 
WellSaid11's Avatar

 
2022 28' Pottery Barn
Į\_(ツ)_/Į , California
Join Date: Oct 2021
Posts: 624
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene View Post
No one questions that something failing on a 18 year old fan is not unusual, but that is not what the post is really about. The post before the previous post sounds like blaming the victim.

Those of us with lots of experience owning Airstreams divide into several groups—those with poor workmanship and materials, those lucky enough to have one with few or no problems and those who accept lots of problems as “normal”. We had lots and lots of problems, had to argue with the company at times to get things fixed, had a dealer who was difficult and damaged the trailer, fixed most myself after warranty expired, and wondered whether we had wasted our money on a so-called “premium trailer”.

If you have had your Airstream since 1996 or bought it recently. glad to hear you are one of the lucky ones.

Agreed.

But I am certain your Nash unit, like any other SOB, has also had issues. At least you paid less.

https://www.rvinsider.com/Northwood-...ood&model=Nash

Ugh.
WellSaid11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 03:44 PM   #12
2 Rivet Member
 
1996 19' "B" Van Airstream 190
New Britain , Pennsylvania
Join Date: May 2022
Posts: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by 85MH325 View Post
snip

Lest you ask why I still have an Airstream, I got rid of my last one, a '94 34' tri-axle trailer in 2006 because I was tired of fixing problems it had. I bought this van because it was $12,000 three years ago, NOT because it was an Airstream. At this point I'm kinda wishing it was a Roadtrek or Coachmen or just about any other brand. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the Airstream-modern interior. I'm just done with their lousy build techniques.

I was wondering about that, to be honest. I'm guessing you had more luck with the earlier models?

And 12k three years ago? Doesn't look like you could touch a B van in good condition now for under 20k, so as long as the miles aren't too terrible, you can probably make money on your van if you decide to sell.
Kstills is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 04:02 PM   #13
Just an old timer...
 
85MH325's Avatar

 
2004 22' Interstate
Tipton , Iowa
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 4,681
Images: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kstills View Post
I was wondering about that, to be honest. I'm guessing you had more luck with the earlier models?

And 12k three years ago? Doesn't look like you could touch a B van in good condition now for under 20k, so as long as the miles aren't too terrible, you can probably make money on your van if you decide to sell.
It was a killer deal. No two ways around it. And I bought it at a dealership with 105k miles on it. I could probably get $40k out of it today, actually. But... then I'd have to pony up another $40k to get anything else I'd want. I like the coach, actually.

Yes, the older Airstream trailers and motorhomes had fewer issues than the early 1990s and later, but I don't really want to work on RVs any more, I just want to use them. For comparison, when I sold my '94 34' tri-axle, I bought a Bigfoot 25' rear queen trailer. In the nine years I had it, I had ONE repair... the gas regulator died. That's it. In NINE years. Oh, and I had the roof re-sealed at about seven years. I just got tired of fixing broken Airstreams.
__________________
havin' to fix my broken Airstreams since 1987...
AIR 2053 Current: 2004 Airstream Interstate "B-Van" T1N DODGE Sprinter
Former Airstreams: 1953 Flying Cloud, 1957 Overlander, 1961 Bambi, 1970 Safari Special, 1978 Argosy Minuet, 1985 325 Moho, 1994 Limited 34' Two-door, 1994 B190 "B-Van"
85MH325 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 04:05 PM   #14
2 Rivet Member
 
1996 19' "B" Van Airstream 190
New Britain , Pennsylvania
Join Date: May 2022
Posts: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene View Post
No one questions that something failing on a 18 year old fan is not unusual, but that is not what the post is really about. The post before the previous post sounds like blaming the victim.



If you have had your Airstream since 1996 or bought it recently. glad to hear you are one of the lucky ones.

That certainly wasn't my intent. When I saw how many Airstreams he had purchased over the years, I wasn't sure whether or not he was joking. And while frustrating, the repair he was talking about didn't seem terribly unusual for a rig that age.

Anyhow, he's explained why he's upset, we're all different so it's all good.
Kstills is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 04:05 PM   #15
Just an old timer...
 
85MH325's Avatar

 
2004 22' Interstate
Tipton , Iowa
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 4,681
Images: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by WellSaid11 View Post
Agreed.

But I am certain your Nash unit, like any other SOB, has also had issues. At least you paid less.

https://www.rvinsider.com/Northwood-...ood&model=Nash

Ugh.
I can't speak to his Nash unit, but when I sold my last '94 34' tri-axle trailer, I bought a Bigfoot. During the NINE years I owned it I had ONE repair. One. And that was the LP gas regulator. At seven years, I had the roof through-hulls re-sealed. That was it. So, no... manufactures CAN build units without baked-in problems.
__________________
havin' to fix my broken Airstreams since 1987...
AIR 2053 Current: 2004 Airstream Interstate "B-Van" T1N DODGE Sprinter
Former Airstreams: 1953 Flying Cloud, 1957 Overlander, 1961 Bambi, 1970 Safari Special, 1978 Argosy Minuet, 1985 325 Moho, 1994 Limited 34' Two-door, 1994 B190 "B-Van"
85MH325 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 04:11 PM   #16
2 Rivet Member
 
1996 19' "B" Van Airstream 190
New Britain , Pennsylvania
Join Date: May 2022
Posts: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by 85MH325 View Post
It was a killer deal. No two ways around it. And I bought it at a dealership with 105k miles on it. I could probably get $40k out of it today, actually. But... then I'd have to pony up another $40k to get anything else I'd want. I like the coach, actually.
Two things: I would suggest that maybe the fan is Karma for the deal, and 2, while you're scraping off the butyl you can console yourself by counting the money you'll make if you decide to sell, especially now that it will have a new fan!
Kstills is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 04:14 PM   #17
Just an old timer...
 
85MH325's Avatar

 
2004 22' Interstate
Tipton , Iowa
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 4,681
Images: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kstills View Post
Two things: I would suggest that maybe the fan is Karma for the deal, and 2, while you're scraping off the butyl you can console yourself by counting the money you'll make if you decide to sell, especially now that it will have a new fan!
Ha ha! Karma aye! Hey, the deal was legit. It was at a dealership south of Atlanta, and I found it in RV Trader and called five minutes before the dealership opened and had the deal done before anyone else called. It wasn't without issues, but for $12k for an Interstate, I can fix a lot of deferred maintenance.

And trust me, after all the grief the old fan is causing me, once the new one is in, I suspect that my wife will be able to use the van as my coffin in another ten or fifteen years. It's not going anywhere!
__________________
havin' to fix my broken Airstreams since 1987...
AIR 2053 Current: 2004 Airstream Interstate "B-Van" T1N DODGE Sprinter
Former Airstreams: 1953 Flying Cloud, 1957 Overlander, 1961 Bambi, 1970 Safari Special, 1978 Argosy Minuet, 1985 325 Moho, 1994 Limited 34' Two-door, 1994 B190 "B-Van"
85MH325 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 04:14 PM   #18
2 Rivet Member
 
1996 19' "B" Van Airstream 190
New Britain , Pennsylvania
Join Date: May 2022
Posts: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by 85MH325 View Post
I can't speak to his Nash unit, but when I sold my last '94 34' tri-axle trailer, I bought a Bigfoot. During the NINE years I owned it I had ONE repair. One. And that was the LP gas regulator. At seven years, I had the roof through-hulls re-sealed. That was it. So, no... manufactures CAN build units without baked-in problems.
Bigfoot, Oliver, Coach House, Imperial Outdoor, New Horizon (big mothers)....lots of manufacturers can make good rigs. In fact, I'm compiling a data base to track rig quality.
Kstills is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 04:33 PM   #19
3 Rivet Member
 
2015 Interstate Grand Tour
Salem , New Hampshire
Join Date: Jun 2022
Posts: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetawA-S View Post
I think the number of posts from the OP might address your concern about authenticity.

And from my personal experience, there is plenty of this inexplicable sloppiness built into even newer Airstreams. Our 22 Sport had a reflector mounted to the skin, but the installer hit a rib and stopped with the screw half inserted. A mounting screw on a ceiling fan nicked some wire insulation, causing a stymying failure months down the road.
A window shade on our 23FB was installed with two screws out of four, and one of those was a size smaller than the other, so I got the pleasure of reinstalling that fixture and am looking forward to more detached shades as time goes by.
Iím glad for you that your owner experience leaves you skeptical about these whiny posts.
OP, I feel your pain an no need for it. It's almost as if you get the draw of the straw on the day that your build is put together and what tech you get which shouldn't be. Almost the I can't see it from my house attitude. I totally agree with you that you shouldn't have to be dealing with this crap especially replacing a fan.


GetawA-S, do you know how many things I've picked up on and fixed before it became a problem? I'm constantly taking things apart for upgrades and fixes and every single time I find something stupid as broken screws, half screwed screws, no screws, missing screws, crappy woodwork, crappy plumbing or just plain laziness.
StogieMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 05:12 PM   #20
Master of Universe
 
Gene's Avatar
 
2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 12,549
Quote:
Originally Posted by WellSaid11 View Post
Agreed.

But I am certain your Nash unit, like any other SOB, has also had issues. At least you paid less.

https://www.rvinsider.com/Northwood-...ood&model=Nash

Ugh.
There have been few issues. The company did resurface one side after some screwups at the factory. They towed it back to Oregon and fixed it and towed it back at no charge after the warranty ran out.

It has never leaked, is far better insulated thus we use little propane for heat and the A/C works fine even when it is 107 outside. Airstream A/C usually canít cool more than 20 degrees from outside temp because of poor insulation. We had endless problems with the Airstream and very few with the Nash. The Airstream does tow better (easier to tow plus better gas mileage because of rounded corners), but we donít travel far anymore. I sold the Airstream in less than 2 weeks, got 72% of purchase price and spend far less on the Nash since it had been sitting on the lot for 18 months. Airstream trailer design uses a center hall which eats space and we found it hard to work in the kitchen together. The sofa is a real one and much more comfortable than the cushions in the Airstream. It came with a 3 stage converter (our Airstream did not), a power awning, a slide, thermal pane windows, and much more storage.

The Airsteam was great for our 5,000 to 10,000 mile trips, but the Nash is much more comfortable and practical for our needs now. There are some cheap materials and some of the same RV parts in both, but workmanship seems somewhat better and things work better. If I were going to travel really far, Iíd get a better hitch to have more stability, but donít have any plans for that.
__________________
Gene

The Airstream is sold; a 2016 Nash 24M replaced it.
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bumper Install Looks Shoddy. Thoughts? righttoroam Repairing/Replacing Floor &/or Frame 19 05-05-2018 08:50 PM
Score !!! Finally. 66 One owner.. BoandSusan Member Introductions 1 07-27-2015 08:17 AM
Score on upholstery fabric! mnmhays Upholstery, Blinds, Walls & Interior Finishes 4 04-23-2011 08:23 PM
Olympics Hockey - score update firedog Our Community 32 04-04-2010 02:33 PM
Grocery Store Score! Chuck Our Community 1 06-17-2005 01:57 PM


Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by the Airstream, Inc. or any of its affiliates. Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.