Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Sprinter and B-van Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-02-2018, 12:44 PM   #21
2 Rivet Member

2015 Interstate Ext. Coach
Mesa , Arizona
Any idea where I can find OBD code P24A5? My CEL came on in my 2015 interstate,(2014 platform) and I read the code but can't find it in any of the code listings.
Moodywelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 03:52 PM   #22
"Cloudsplitter"

2003 25' Classic
Houstatlantavegas , Malebolgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by 73shark View Post
/\/\/\ X3

It plugs into the OBD II port and can display four different functions (you can choose from all that are available) at once on the display. It's relatively small (~1" X ~4") and comes w/ a long cable so it can be mounted just about anywhere. I mounted mine (Velcro) under the overhang for the instruments and that didn't obstruct any of the displays.

While it can scan for codes, I was advised by my MB service advisor not to clear any codes because the scanner gets more info than just the code.

You can check it out here.
Does it 'read/display' the code or actually decode it?

Bob
🇺🇸
Old 09-02-2018, 07:28 PM   #23
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
League City , Texas
I’m still looking for a DAD scanner, Named after Dr A Diagnostic, a sprinter forum user that purchased the remaining stock from a national fleet managment company that was transitioning to the NCV3s. Those scanners don’t just read the codes but can also command all the sprinter systems for diagnostic tests or maintenance like when needing to cycle the ABS pump to flush the brake fluid.

Unfortunatly, they don’t hit the market very often, rely on an antiquated version of windows, and generally sell for upwards of $700. Luckily I have dibs on one but it may be another 25+ years before the owner bequeaths it to me.
LB_3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 06:36 PM   #24
Rivet Master

2024 Interstate 19
Fulton , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moodywelman View Post
Any idea where I can find OBD code P24A5? My CEL came on in my 2015 interstate,(2014 platform) and I read the code but can't find it in any of the code listings.

What scanner did you use to get that code? You won’t likely find what the code means without going to a dealer or independent shop that specializes in Sprinters.
Previous: 2013 Airstream Interstate 3500 Ext Lounge
Boxster1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 06:39 PM   #25
Rivet Master

2024 Interstate 19
Fulton , Maryland
Try this post from Sprinter-Source forum. Looks like CEL code P24A5 is related to the EGR system.

https://sprinter-source.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=34222
Old 09-04-2018, 06:44 PM   #26
Rivet Master

2024 Interstate 19
Fulton , Maryland
Also have a look at this.

https://sprinter-source.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=52252
Old 09-04-2018, 07:08 PM   #27
"Cloudsplitter"

2003 25' Classic
Houstatlantavegas , Malebolgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moodywelman View Post
Do the GOOGLE...👍😂

Bob
🇺🇸
Old 09-05-2018, 08:55 AM   #28
2 Rivet Member

2015 Interstate Ext. Coach
Mesa , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxster1971 View Post
What scanner did you use to get that code? You won’t likely find what the code means without going to a dealer or independent shop that specializes in Sprinters.
I googled it and found it "EGR cooler bypassbank 1 stuck". It's at the MB Sprinter shop now being repaired under warranty. They are also replacing the airbags per recall. Thanks.
Moodywelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 10:25 AM   #29
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
League City , Texas
I don't see above where LB_3 or I actually named the brand of unit that we have. Or if we did, it was dissociated from the initial posts.

It's an OBD Fusion, which plays well with iPhone via Bluetooth.

The beauty of the device is that it plugs into the OBD port and lives there permanently. No switching on and off. No taking in and out.

The display is customize-able. On our recent trip, we had an issue with a turbo hose coming loose and the van going into limp mode, and so LB_3 created a custom screen that prioritizes boost information. And also chassis voltage because we had an alternator issue as well.

I'm going to set this up for continuous read-out. I should have been able to do that on this last trip, but it turns out that the 3M CR window tint is incompatible with even the best quality cell phone suction mounts. I had asked the installer if suction cups would damage the tint. He said, "Absolutely not." The part of that information which was NOT included in his statement was that it won't damage the tint for the simple reason that it cannot stick to the tint (I can't believe I drove yet another six thousand miles with my phone in my lap). So now I have to engineer a new dash mount so my phone can become a continuous read-out of this information (as well as disclosing codes if something goes wrong).

These readings below are near max because the screenshot was taken as we were climbing a rather large mountain.

InterBlog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 09:42 PM   #30
Rivet Master

1984 34.5' Airstream 345
Foothill Ranch , California
For pure Code scanning and monitoring stuff...
Icarsoft MB2.
About $150.

Tell you EVERYTHING....

Old 09-05-2018, 09:58 PM   #31
diesel maniac

Airstream - Other
Tucson , AZ
Not sure about Mercedes but Torque Pro works great on my Ford (Android). Streaming data from all sensors with multiple gauge formats across multiple pages, alarms and diagnostic trouble codes with freeze frame data and DTC lookup. $7.50 from the Google Play Store plus an Elm 327 OBD Bluetooth adapter.
For serious diagnosis and on board tests I still use AutoEnginuity but can't beat TP for everyday monitoring.

(tablet is mounted to a RAM netbook mount attached to a custom padded piece of wood that fits tightly into the dash pocket near my right knee & places the screen just in front of the center console)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TP1.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	211.8 KB
ID:	321672