Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Sprinter and B-van Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-21-2021, 03:49 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2014 19' International
2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Cedar Rapids , Iowa
Samsung DVD remote in the Interstate?

Am I just missing the most obvious thing here? I haven’t been able to get our Samsung DVD player to work with our remote. I assume it possibly works off the Samsung TV remotes that came with the Interstate, but don’t know for sure if they work at all off a remote. Can someone give me a tutorial on it if you’ve gotten it to work? We got no instruction manual with our Interstate regarding the TVs or DVD player.
This is so spoiled but it’s really annoying to have to find the buttons on the top of the DVD player and to get around the furry little road blocks in our way to get it to play.
Hawk-ination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 04:00 AM   #2
3 Rivet Member

2014 Interstate Coach
Centre County , Pennsylvania
The Samsung DVD player in our 2014 AI has its own remote.
Lineolated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 04:34 AM   #3
3 Rivet Member

2017 Interstate Lounge Ext
Mount Jackson , VA
Our 2017 AI has an IR repeater mounted above the front TV. It blinks red when you use a remote pointed at it. Do you have one? If it’s not set up correctly or has failed you would have trouble controlling the DVD.
MountainLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 08:30 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Hmmm.

When I have these kinds of issues I get my electronics whiz son on the phone to trouble shoot.

Almost always he can fix it.

If you don’t figure it out, perhaps a teen or adult wizard near you can help.

That’s what I would do.

Maggie
Old 10-22-2021, 10:26 AM   #5
2 Rivet Member

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Friday Harbor , Washington
Remotes for DVD

My new FC, 2016, came with 3 remote controllers. Two seem to be mistaken, as they only have a few nearly useless buttons doing anything. Thankfully the other works. If I were to purchase another controller.....where? And how will I know I have the correct unit?
Rob Cope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 10:46 AM   #6
Contributing Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
I had to hold the remote overhead and pointed at the DVD player to get any response. It was best when I moved the DVD player as close to the glass as possible.
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 07:04 PM   #7
Rivet Master

2014 19' International
Cedar Rapids , Iowa
I think we got three remotes with our Interstate, and I think I’ve tried all three. There’s a tutorial on YouTube that I finally found that shows a reset and relearn by holding down the play button on the DVD player for about twenty seconds, if I remember it right from late last night.

I’m going to try that and see what happens. I’ll also try moving it closer but I’m pretty sure I’ve tried it up it’s nose and it still didn’t work.

You’d be amazed how a four pound Pom can cause such issue when she wants to be like a wet flour bag and not move off your feet or let you get up to hit play! I’ll be thankful if your suggestions work! It’s also getting cold and who wants to climb out of the warm blankets when it’s hitting 30 degrees out at night! Thanks for the suggestions. I’ll see if I can’t get it to work tomorrow. Will report back in case anyone else has this problem.
Old 10-27-2021, 02:18 PM   #8
Rivet Master

2018 Interstate Lounge Ext
LV , Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainLife View Post
Our 2017 AI has an IR repeater mounted above the front TV. It blinks red when you use a remote pointed at it. Do you have one? If it’s not set up correctly or has failed you would have trouble controlling the DVD.
MOUNTAINLIFE - Yes, and even if it's setup correctly, it does not always receive the incoming signal or re-transmit inside the overhead. I had to re-route mine (both transmitters and receiver) when I re-did my tv wiring during my change to the smaller tv's for front and rear. Ours blinks blue, but same difference, probably just different brand or model IR repeater. It works great when the transmitter is aimed straight at dvd with no obstruction in between (just as diagram shows).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200709_080455.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	491.4 KB
ID:	407094   Click image for larger version

Name:	pic1.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	146.9 KB
ID:	407095  

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200709_081605.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	432.0 KB
ID:	407097  
Alex AVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2021, 03:20 PM   #9
Rivet Master

2014 19' International
Cedar Rapids , Iowa
Haven’t had any time to mess with the DVD since cold is hitting us suddenly and of course, that means winterizing. I did check out the remotes and noticed we got three of the same kind. In the trailer, there is a different remote that makes the DVD player work (I think it had more black on it than the TV remote). I hadn’t noticed the difference until Linolated said there’s a separate remote for it. Maybe we got the wrong “model” remote with the Interstate. Will report back.
Old 12-07-2021, 06:18 AM   #10
Rivet Master

2014 19' International
Cedar Rapids , Iowa
Cheers to checking out on my most uninteresting topic on this forum ever…

My guess is someone messed up and we had three Samsung tv remotes included with our Interstate. Purchased a Samsung black button remote off Amazon and the DVD player works like it should now. Much easier since it wasn’t exactly easy to find the buttons on the top of the DVD box.

Thanks for helping me solve the mystery!