Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-25-2007, 04:51 PM   #1

2006 22' Interstate
Cerritos , California
Road Side Window Replacement

While my 2005 airstream Interstate was parked on my driveway, someone attempted to pry the window open with the screwdriver hoping to steal something inside the RV. Somebody thought that it was easy to open it than smashing the driver side window. It cracked the whole window but not the 2 vent windows below it. I'm just wandering if someone knows where I can get a cheap replacement for one of my window (just behind the driver side). I called one of the Airstream authorized repair shop and they said it would cost $600 bucks to replace including labor. I found the part number through the web and I think 2004 and 2005 have the same part number. The part number is 371392-04. I'm hoping that I can just order the replacement window and install it myself to save some money. Thanks for anyone's help.
bm1068 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 05:08 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by bm1068
While my 2005 airstream Interstate was parked on my driveway, someone attempted to pry the window open with the screwdriver hoping to steal something inside the RV. Somebody thought that it was easy to open it than smashing the driver side window. It cracked the whole window but not the 2 vent windows below it. I'm just wandering if someone knows where I can get a cheap replacement for one of my window (just behind the driver side). I called one of the Airstream authorized repair shop and they said it would cost $600 bucks to replace including labor. I found the part number through the web and I think 2004 and 2005 have the same part number. The part number is 371392-04. I'm hoping that I can just order the replacement window and install it myself to save some money. Thanks for anyone's help.
An authorized Airstream repair shop should be able to sell the window without installation. If the vehicle is still under warranty, you may be better to have an authorized repair shop complete the repair. Is any of the cost covered by insurance.

Bill
Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

https://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
wkerfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 05:17 PM   #3

2006 22' Interstate
Cerritos , California
Thanks for your suggestion. Unfortunately, the van is not covered under warranty anymore and my insurance deductible is $500.
Old 10-09-2007, 12:59 AM   #4
2 Rivet Member

1988 29' Airstream 290
Berkeley , California
Send a message via AIM to MrGoate
Unhappy Been there, done that...

Huge bummer. Same thing happened to us, but our $750 replacement (w/labor) also included the two lower jaloused windows as - per the shop manager - "the unit is only sold as a complete set," installing plexiglass matching the original tint in the interim. That you're able to order just the top portion and do it yourself is a better than cool thing, tho that $600 now comes as no surprise. Oh yeah, the other two things we did: install a motion-sensitive alarm and lower our deductible...

Hang in there!!
Old 10-09-2007, 09:37 AM   #5
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by bm1068
Your cost for that window is $372.50, plus shipping, and sales tax.

Total time to remove the old window and install the new window should be less than "one hour."

That would boil down to a labor rate of $150.00 per hour.

California labor is different, but not that different.

Depending on where you live and when you need that window, the freight can be reduced to local, and that can be eliminated if you pick the window up yourself from the dealer.

Delivery time would be about 3 to 4 weeks.

Andy
Inland RV Center, In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 09:43 AM   #6
4 Rivet Member

Window

Hello and welcome, you are so close to C&G trailer in Bellflower, an authorized Airstream repair facility that you should give Rod a call at 562-634-6286 or 800 662-3790. Their prices are very fair and better than most and they have always delivered as promised. Good luck
Excella3287 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 08:53 PM   #7

2006 22' Interstate
Cerritos , California
I finally have my window fixed. I ordered it through Colonial Airstream which they were able to order just the top window and not the whole set. I'm very happy with their service. It costs around $125 including shipping. Unfortunately, the first window broke during transit through UPS. Airstream quickly replaced it after a week. I paid hundred bucks to get it installed. All in all, I'm happy with the installation. Thank you all for all of your suggestions.
Old 12-14-2007, 11:27 PM   #8
2 Rivet Member

1988 29' Airstream 290
Berkeley , California
Send a message via AIM to MrGoate
Thumbs up Ahhh....Fantastic!!!

Glad to hear that all has turned out even better than anticipated, bm1068. Congrats on excellent $trategy (and now we all know how to do it right); here's wishing you and yours safe and troublefree travels during the holidays and long afterward!