Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-19-2024, 01:09 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2023 Interstate 19
Colorado Springs , Colorado
Reverse Fan Direction - Fantastic Fan with Firefly

Hello, OK I am stumped. My 2016 AI 24 GT had a Fantastic Fan that allowed me to reverse the fan direction. My 2023 AI 19 4x4 does not have a switch on the fan or on the Firefly controls that indicates airflow direction. The fan blows in and this is seldom what you would want to do. I want the fan to suck air out of the van. The manuals provided all indicate a manual switch or a button on the remote to change directions for multiple fan models but my fan does not have any switches nor does the Firefly control indicate that you can change the direction. I find it hard to believe this was eliminated from this RV so I assume I just don't know the trick. Any suggestions? Hopefully I will not have to rewire the fan.
swilly43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2024, 06:36 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

2023 Interstate 19
Browns Valley , California
We've got the same rig as you, and there is no way to reverse the direction of the fan (at least not that I've seen). I just went out and checked our fan. It blows out, but when it's running I can feel some air blowing down into the bath. I shined a flashlight up into the fan and watch as it stopped and confirmed it was exhausting out.

Jim
JimMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2024, 08:39 AM   #3
3 Rivet Member

2023 Interstate 19
Thanks for the reply. I called the mothership and the tech was stumped too! Anyway, I must say that I was not happy with his demeanor. I purchased this unit as CPO from Bill Thomas AS in Wentzville MO in Feb 2024 with 2200 miles on it. I was told that it came with extended warranty etc. Anyway, the AS tech tried to tell me that the unit was modified and that there was nothing he could do. Hmmmm. How does he know that? I called Bill Thomas and was told that the Firefly unit needs a firmware update. I hope they are correct and that I can get an update. So I will have to call the mothership back and find out if they will send me an update and install myself if that is possible. This is clearly poor engineering execution on the part of AS which is not a surprise to anyone I'm sure. The firmware on my FF is build 7.15. When I get an update, I will post the results. If anyone has done updates to the FF, your experience would be helpful. You Tube posts seem to indicate it can be done by the end user without too much trouble.
Old 05-20-2024, 05:36 PM   #4
3 Rivet Member

2023 Interstate 19
Smile Solved with Firmware Update

I contacted Firefly integrations and am very pleased with the support I received. The phone number is 574-825-4600. I explained that I needed an update and after a few questions concerning the chassis number and product, they sent me an update after only 10 minutes. I received separate updates for the 7 inch and 5-inch touch screens. Installation instructions were provided, and I was able to update in just a few minutes. The "Fantastic" fan immediately switched directions. Although no icon appeared to allow reversing directions, I am happy with the result. The new firmware is 7.24 from 7.15 and there were many new options. Had to make sure that I enabled all of the ones relevant to my rig. Now on to the next problem, LOL.

So far, the AS tech has not called me back. I will give them credit if they do.