Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 05-25-2020, 07:26 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member
 
2012 Interstate Coach
Wayne , Nebraska
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 6
Question Replacement gearbox

Have a 2011 Interstate with a sliding door crank-out window gear box stripped.
Have not found a way to repair short of replacing the whole window!
There has got to be a better Way!

Ron
__________________

Wayne Fire11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 10:57 AM   #2
1 Rivet Member
 
2012 Interstate Coach
Wayne , Nebraska
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 6
Exclamation

Was hoping someone from Airstream would see this and offer some help.

Ron
__________________

Wayne Fire11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 03:37 PM   #3
Rivet Master
 
Boxster1971's Avatar

 
2013 Interstate Coach
Fulton , Maryland
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,319
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Fire11 View Post
Was hoping someone from Airstream would see this and offer some help.

Ron
You might need to contact an Airstream dealer for help. You likely have CR Laurence windows. They only sell through distributors.
http://www.crlaurence.com/crlapps/sh...h=30587::21889

Parts are available from distributors. I bought a vent window glass panel from DK Hardware for half what the Airstream dealer wanted.
https://www.dkhardware.com/cr-laurence_ZM1P1.html

Airstream does not sell parts directly to retail customers, you must go through a dealer. The biggest challenge is getting a replacement part number so you know what to order.

Good luck!
__________________
- - Mike
--------------------------
2013 Airstream Interstate Lounge EXT
Boxster1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 04:31 PM   #4
1 Rivet Member
 
2012 Interstate Coach
Wayne , Nebraska
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxster1971 View Post
You might need to contact an Airstream dealer for help. You likely have CR Laurence windows. They only sell through distributors.
http://www.crlaurence.com/crlapps/sh...h=30587::21889

Parts are available from distributors. I bought a vent window glass panel from DK Hardware for half what the Airstream dealer wanted.
https://www.dkhardware.com/cr-laurence_ZM1P1.html

Airstream does not sell parts directly to retail customers, you must go through a dealer. The biggest challenge is getting a replacement part number so you know what to order.

Good luck!
Yes I have CRL windows. Have been in contact with RV One in Des Moines IA. They tell me the numbers supplied by both CRL and Airstream don't match.
Will try your suggestion to try DK hardware.

Ron
Wayne Fire11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 06:00 PM   #5
Rivet Master
 
Boxster1971's Avatar

 
2013 Interstate Coach
Fulton , Maryland
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,319
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Fire11 View Post
Yes I have CRL windows. Have been in contact with RV One in Des Moines IA. They tell me the numbers supplied by both CRL and Airstream don't match.
Will try your suggestion to try DK hardware.

Ron
I did get the part number via email from CRL before I placed the order from DK. But they should be able to identify the the part you need. It might help if you get the part number for the whole window assembly from the CRL web site.
__________________
- - Mike
--------------------------
2013 Airstream Interstate Lounge EXT
Boxster1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 08:17 PM   #6
1 Rivet Member
 
2012 Interstate Coach
Wayne , Nebraska
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 6
Ok will try that
Wayne Fire11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 07:09 PM   #7
1 Rivet Member
 
2012 Interstate Coach
Wayne , Nebraska
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 6
Gear box

A follow-up on my gar box issue.

Bit the bullet and ordered a whole new window, got it installed today,
now able to get the rig on the road!

Was not able to get any real help from either Airstream or C R Laurence, so went with Window Discounters and did it my self!

To bad I had to get a whole window for a gear box part!
__________________

Wayne Fire11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Chev 400 Auto Gearbox Ted OShann Mechanics Corner - Engines, Transmission & More... 7 01-24-2017 12:49 AM
Gearbox Mjgman Sprinter and B-van Forum 5 08-12-2016 05:13 AM
Steering coupler - between gearbox & column bkahler Mechanics Corner - Engines, Transmission & More... 10 10-16-2012 08:30 AM
need steering gearbox for 1977 argosy 24 dillmann Member Introductions 1 05-22-2008 11:24 AM
Window lifting arms/gearbox Walker's Wanderer Windows & Screens 2 03-25-2004 07:46 AM


Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by the Airstream, Inc. or any of its affiliates. Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.