Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Sprinter and B-van Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-23-2014, 06:13 AM   #21
BikerBill

2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Poconos of Pa , Pennsylvania
Roadtrek's new E-trek package would prevent the engine alternator from overcharging the rv batteries since they install a different, 2nd generator for charging the rv batteries. Totally separate system for the rv.
Bikerbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 10:56 AM   #22
Trying to Retire

Decatur , Illinois
Update to battery install

Update: installed new Lifeline Batteries (took about 30 minutes to do myself) While in there I pulled out back wall of electrical to reach the inverter and connected a Magnum Battery Temp Sensor; so the charger could work properly (shame on Airstream).

After 24 hrs plugged in on 30AMP to charge everything fully I took it off A/C power (Fridge Off, Antenna Off, LP Off) and 4 days later was setting at 90% charge still (Solar Panel Clean & in partial Sun).

For Reference: with old batteries and no load; the batteries were < 8v in less than 2 hours. So we'll see with time if the problem was dead batteries on the lot when unit was initially picked up (suspected since NEVER over 24 hours with light load); or something to do with charging system (doubtful since all tests good).
Live in the Moment and enjoy today.
MILATV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 03:09 PM   #23

Milatv, like your ladder to get to top. Did you custom make that or purchase it? az
andyzager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 03:24 PM   #24
Trying to Retire

Decatur , Illinois
Replace House Batteries (Magnum Inverter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyzager View Post
Milatv, like your ladder to get to top. Did you custom make that or purchase it? az

I think this was it. Easy install only thing is the left door won't fold all the way around (release catch - open to magnet). I find I use it more to strap stuff to (chairs, bike, grill, etc) than I use it to climb on the roof. But I do use it for that as well. Mainly yo clean solar panel.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00177..._SY115&simLd=1.

Mike
Live in the Moment and enjoy today.
MILATV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 06:11 PM   #25
Rivet Master

2011 Interstate Coach
Overland Park , Kansas
Checked it out on Amazon and in one place it says it's a bright dipped polished finish on thick gauge aluminum tubing. Then in another it says it's heavy duty stainless steel with an electro polished finish. Can you tell which it is?

Also it says it hooks over the door tabs. Does that mean it hooks over the top edge of the door? The picture is unclear but doesn't appear to have hooks on the top. Is it attached at the bottom?

Also says it comes in two lengths but only lists one - 6'. I'm guessing 6' would work on our high top van.

2011 Interstate SOLD! Upfitted 2017 Transit 350. SOLD!
73shark is offline   Reply With Quote