Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-14-2024, 11:28 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
2017 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Fallbrook , California
Recommendations for a mattress top/cover?

Hey all,

Thank you again for all the help you guys have given me so far, I've made sure I posted at the end of the threads to add a conclusion, in case anybody else has similar issues and can see what helped/worked for me.

At this point, me and my wife would like to put a mattress top for the backseat. We have a 2017 Airstream Interstate Sprinter, so I guess pretty standard for what everyone else here has.

Do you guys have any recommendations for a mattress top/firm foam top that we could use to make it more comfortable? Ideally, I'm looking for something that we could cut down to a custom size, or a place that sells these things specifically for the airstream. I appreciate the help, thank you!
freddyzuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2024, 04:52 AM   #2
3 Rivet Member

2017 Interstate Lounge Ext
Mount Jackson , VA
We bought our AI in 2020 and bought 2 tri-fold single mats that we hold together with a mattress pad cover and elastic straps to keep them together. We like the thickness and it fits ok. As you know the size of the rear lounge bed is odd. Somewhere between a king and a queen size. You can find custom options but they are pricey. We like the two single mats so we can fold them up individually to move them and have used them at home for company. They are big (thick and comfy) but not heavy when folded up. We keep our bed setup most of the time when traveling. One bonus of the tri-fold is we can fold under one end and put the lounge bench up if we need storage in the back while on the road. Recently we traveled with my parents and did this so we could put our dogs in the jackknife seats. They usually ride in the second row captain chairs, but my parents road there. The versatility of our AI Lounge Ext is why I love it!
MountainLife is offline   Reply With Quote