Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-09-2020, 12:08 PM   #21
Rivet Master

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Tampa , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by hmhRV View Post
Two more votes for wireless Haloview. I added one to our 32' Excella for backup and I liked it so much I added a second camera above the first for rear view.
I see Haloview recommends the remote transmitter for vehicles over 33'. Did you go that way?
Or does the wireless function work fine for the distance of about 40'?
Mollysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 12:52 PM   #22
4 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari FB SE
2017 30' Flying Cloud
Highland , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMKovalchik View Post
Funny, we were just talking about the camera on our 2018 Classic and husband said ďIím noT bothering to take it; isnít worth itĒ. We agreed Iím a far better backup view. Having had wonderful ones in our motorhomes we are disappointed in this one. Not a bit helpful on the highway or parking.
Well not completely "not helpful", but almost. I did spot my left wheel bouncing down the freeway just outside of Tucson, AZ. Aside from that one event I would agree. Trying spot traffic behind you at more than 50' is neigh impossible.
zapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 07:48 AM   #23
2 Rivet Member

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Longwood , Florida
Voyager 541???

Hello All,

Apologies for jumping into the middle of the discussion... but I am having my newly purchased 2014 20FB delivered to the Jackson Center, OH service center this week. I asked them to install the rear camera system... their standard is the Voyager 541.

Is this not a good unit? Should I hold off and do my research?

Excited to join the community... hope to bump into some of you soon. Hopefully not while backing up! LOL

Roger Bart
RogerBart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 10:40 AM   #24
1 Rivet Member

1990 32' Excella
Royse City , TX
With wireless, the picture quality is good without a transmitter. At highway speeds, I can see a slight lag in the video between the what the screen shows and what is actually happening, like when a car is passing. When backing up, there is no noticeable difference.
hmhRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 06:00 AM   #25
StreaminDreamTeam

2018 Nest
Philadelphia , Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerBart View Post
Hello All,

Apologies for jumping into the middle of the discussion... but I am having my newly purchased 2014 20FB delivered to the Jackson Center, OH service center this week. I asked them to install the rear camera system... their standard is the Voyager 541.

Is this not a good unit? Should I hold off and do my research?

Excited to join the community... hope to bump into some of you soon. Hopefully not while backing up! LOL

Roger Bart

Welcome Roger! To be honest, I wouldnít take the Voyager even if theyíre giving it to you for free. Compared to my Furrion S, the Voyager is very 1980s... horrible resolution (esp at night), large and clunky (the housing for the screen is massive and frustrating).

The Furrion S rťsolution is glorious, night vision stellar, and itís streamlined housing is part of my safe operation of my rig instead of a clunky hindrance. Iíd go with the Furrion or Haloview all have mentioned here. Good luck and happy travels!
Nesty19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 08:29 AM   #26
Rivet Master

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Tampa , Florida
Quote:
With wireless, the picture quality is good without a transmitter. At highway speeds, I can see a slight lag in the video between the what the screen shows and what is actually happening, like when a car is passing. When backing up, there is no noticeable difference.
Thanks. All digital wireless devices have some "delay". maybe a couple frames. At 60 mph this translates to about 15' on mine, and like you say, negligible backing because two frames isn't much at 2 mph.
Old 09-11-2020, 09:14 AM   #27
1 Rivet Member

1990 32' Excella
Royse City , TX
Smile

Mollysdad... that "all digital wireless devices have a lag" is helpful. To me, that means the HaloView is probably one of the best units available at this time. They seem to have very good reviews. They are intuitive and the two cameras work great for seeing what is going on behind me.

Thanks for your input.
hmhRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 11:44 AM   #28
3 Rivet Member

Libertyville , Illinois
Iím currently considering this wireless setup from haloview

https://www.haloview.com/haloview-wi...hcam-mc10.html

but want to investigate the option to use existing wiring before pulling the trigger
Schmitte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 03:40 PM   #29
Rivet Master

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Tampa , Florida
Quote:
Mollysdad... that "all digital wireless devices have a lag" is helpful. To me, that means the HaloView is probably one of the best units available at this time. They seem to have very good reviews. They are intuitive and the two cameras work great for seeing what is going on behind me.

Thanks for your input.
I have a Garmin unit, and I've tried to estimate the lag by watching a semi pass in the camera and then see where he is in the mirror. I guessed 15'.
Now that doesn't bother me because I'm not changing lanes with a semi 15' off my bumper!
My camera is wide angle which is good and bad. Good because I can see the rear bumper in the camera for backing, and still see everything behind me.
Bad because things start as a point and grow quickly in the monitor.
I just want better resolution. (720P)
Old 09-11-2020, 04:16 PM   #30
3 Rivet Member

2013 Interstate Coach
Indianola , Iowa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmitte View Post
Iím currently considering this wireless setup from haloview

https://www.haloview.com/haloview-wi...hcam-mc10.html

but want to investigate the option to use existing wiring before pulling the trigger
Iím following this closely, Schmitte, as Iím very dissatisfied with my rear camera in my 2013.
nateallen80 is offline   Reply With Quote