Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-24-2016, 04:57 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Loma Mar , California
Quick Question: 2016 Interstate sewage hose length

Can anyone tell me how long the sewage hose is on our 2016 Interstate? It is the one that reals up with a push of a button.

We are considering putting in a "dump" location on our property since we have to do septic work.

Thank you in advance.

Haasman
Haasman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 05:00 PM   #2
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
The hose is approximately 20 feet long. But if the budget and site plan allow for it, the dump station should be as close to the parking area as you can manage, preferably less than 10 feet. After all, your Interstate may not be the only Airstream you ever allow to park there, so having the dump station close enough for a slinky to reach may be beneficial later.
Old 08-25-2016, 11:09 AM   #3
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Loma Mar , California
Thanks.

Yes totally agree. We are just starting to lay this out and confirming the hose length was very helpful (rig being off site at the moment)

Haasman
Haasman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 08:21 AM   #4
Trying to Retire

Decatur , Illinois
One thing to remember is you have to physically go out and dump the tanks anyway (since Mercator) so unless you use your RV on the parking pad, anywhere within 10' of the drive will be fine.

I actually dump mine at our Sewer clean pipe after each trip.

SIDE THREAD: has anyone made a short hose that can be connected from outside shower to black tank wash connection? Thinking that could be useful.

Mike
Live in the Moment and enjoy today.
MILATV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 08:28 AM   #5

2012 Interstate Coach
Quote:
Originally Posted by MILATV View Post
SIDE THREAD: has anyone made a short hose that can be connected from outside shower to black tank wash connection? Thinking that could be useful.
Yes. I used the standard exterior shower hose, and an adapter from sower hose to garden hose size.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The shower head is removable, and the adapter screws in its place. I leave the adapter on all the time, and use an ordinary garden hose spray nozzle in place of the shower head.
Old 08-28-2016, 08:29 AM   #6

2012 Interstate Coach
Quote:
Yes. I used the standard exterior shower hose, and an adapter from sower hose to garden hose size.

The shower head is removable, and the adapter screws in its place. I leave the adapter on all the time, and use an ordinary garden hose spray nozzle in place of the shower head.

And it IS very useful to be able to flush the black tank with HOT water.
Old 08-28-2016, 09:06 AM   #7
Trying to Retire

Decatur , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protagonist View Post
And it IS very useful to be able to flush the black tank with HOT water.
That was actually the plan! I normally try to empty my fresh water tank at same time as the grey/black and currently spray the shower in the toilet with hot water. but figure easier/better if I can do it from outside.

Also like the idea of hooking up my outside shower to a water hose type sprayer to clean the dirt bikes; the factory shower isn't much for high pressure and hopefully a different end on it might help.

Thanks protag!
Live in the Moment and enjoy today.
MILATV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 07:43 PM   #8
Rivet Master

2024 Interstate 19
Fulton , Maryland
Quote:

SIDE THREAD: has anyone made a short hose that can be connected from outside shower to black tank wash connection? Thinking that could be useful. ..... Mike

My 2013 came with an external shower hose that has a standard hose bib end and a hand spray nozzle. I back flush the black tank all the time with this hose and also use it to clean up everything after dumping the tanks.

- - Mike
2013 Lounge EXT on 2012 Sprinter
Previous: 2013 Airstream Interstate 3500 Ext Lounge
Boxster1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 11:13 AM   #9
Rivet Master

Bellevue , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxster1971 View Post
My 2013 came with an external shower hose that has a standard hose bib end and a hand spray nozzle. I back flush the black tank all the time with this hose and also use it to clean up everything after dumping the tanks.
Ours did too but I just don't want another hose to dry to put away before leaving. So I just have my wife put her foot on the toilet flush for a minute or so. That pushes out a ton of extra "dark stuff" to the point where it actually runs mostly clear.
amirm is offline   Reply With Quote