Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Sprinter and B-van Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-28-2019, 07:02 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2023 25' International
2018 Interstate Lounge Ext
College Station , Texas
Quick connect LPG to Coleman Stove

Has anyone had success using the quick connect from the LPG on the Interstate to a Coleman cook stove?
1st time RV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 07:50 AM   #2
3 Rivet Member

2014 Interstate Coach
Centre County , Pennsylvania
I’ve used the quick connect for a grill (not a Coleman stove, sorry). You’ll need to remove the regulator from the stove, because the quick connect propane port is already low pressure.
Lineolated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 09:54 AM   #3
c21
Rivet Master

2014 Interstate Coach
Arroyo Grande & Central Point , California & Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lineolated View Post
I’ve used the quick connect for a grill (not a Coleman stove, sorry). You’ll need to remove the regulator from the stove, because the quick connect propane port is already low pressure.
Ditto on Lineolated comments. You should be able to find a shut off valve to replace the pressure regulator on the Coleman.
c21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 06:14 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

2017 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Western , Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1st time RV View Post
Has anyone had success using the quick connect from the LPG on the Interstate to a Coleman cook stove?
Yes, I have connected my propane Coleman 2 burner stove to the quick connect by the curb side rear tire. I bought the hose and quick connect, then needed to buy a female to female brass fitting. All was purchase at Lowe's or Home Depot. I did this project in the spring when Lowe's was first displaying outdoor grills, that is when the grill parts / hoses are not picked over.

I connected the double female fitting to the stove, then the hose with quick connect. I did not change any of the original stove parts, therefore I can return to small bottle propane. Be sure to seal fittings and check for propane leaks.
TN Princess is offline   Reply With Quote