Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Sprinter and B-van Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-16-2019, 07:40 PM   #121
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
NORTH MYRTLE BEACH , South Carolina
Is the alpaca farm on Harvest host ? Would love to visit!
Mansderm161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 10:21 PM   #122
Rivet Master

2018 Interstate Lounge Ext
LV , Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mansderm161 View Post
Is the alpaca farm on Harvest host ? Would love to visit!
MANSDERM161 - Wow, that's a great question. There are also many farms & boutique wineries there and I did not know about HH when we were there last year (until the discussion showed up here). I do know my son-in-law & daughter stayed there in their camper when they moved from Chicago to GJ and was waiting on their house to be ready. I love that entire Palisade area is very nice & quiet. I was on the phone with them for couple hours prior to me seeing this post. I will ask them tomorrow.
Alex AVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 10:33 PM   #123
Rivet Master

LV , Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene View Post
Alex,

Palisade is cool, but downtown is somewhat constrained in size and people have had their stores forced out by new and greedy landlords. Nice town though, but where we live is 5-10˚ cooler in the summer. Not sure about alpacas as a money thing—wasn't that one of those fads to make easy money several years ago?
GENE - Not sure about alpacas as a money thing either. We didn't get into that discussion. But I do know they are making a living just fine with their Alpaca Wool Fiber Works. As every experienced ultra-distance cyclist knows, Merino wool is one of the best materials in any temperature. But I have never heard of Alapaca wool being used for cycling. We bought a few head beanies and gloves and socks that he made for us while we were there. I gotta tell you, it is thinner, lighter, yet provides the same or better insulating and moisture management properties of the thicker Merino wool . I just think they are cool animals We plan on spending more time in May, June there. Hopefully, I get to know more about the farm.
Old 02-23-2019, 02:55 PM   #124
Rivet Master

LV , Nevada
MANSDERM161 - I thought of you when I received my DMV registration renewal today. I thought this would make you feel much better about your tax situation My total fees for next year is $3,130. Of that, $3,046 is some form of property tax. The only good thing is it steadily depreciates every year. Bad part is not fast enough. But at least with no income tax & low real estate taxes in NV & infrastructure especially roads/highways being top notch, it more than makes up for it. I hope I made your day better
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190223_133706.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	165.5 KB
ID:	334189  
Old 02-23-2019, 04:35 PM   #125
3 Rivet Member

2015 30' Classic
Saint Augustine , Florida
Property Tax on RV's

7 yrs ( or so ) ago, I was researching a destination move after living in the Northeast for 65 yrs. At that time, I had an airplane, but no RV. I was strongly considering SC but had read that they taxed "recreational vehicles", so I called the Tax Assessor in Greenville, SC and had a short ( real short ) conversation. I asked if my aircraft would be subject to to property tax. I was accustomed to this from the NE and had no intention of being subjected to it again. Even though I came from RI, even they did not levy property tax on aircraft because it was federally registered, rather than state registered. But long story short, the assessor told me that there was property tax on ALL recreational vehicles ( which by definition would include RVs and aircraft). I thanked him for his time, but not before telling him, he wouldn't being sending me a bill, as I wouldn't be moving there any time soon.

Although I decided to get out of aviation (age, cost, etc), I now had an airstream and live, very happily in FL. No property tax on anything that moves.

Thank you GOD !
accordionman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 07:30 AM   #126
Rivet Master

2014 31' Classic
2015 23' International
2013 25' FB International
Apache Junction , Arizona
If you think the plate associated fees go down with an electric vehicle, Indiana charges a hefty surcharge for electric cars to compensate for not paying road tax that is in diesel and gasoline.

GOTCHA anyway says the tax man....

TV - 2012 Dodge 2500 4x4 Cummins HO, automatic, Centramatics, Kelderman level ride airbag suspension, bed shell

2014 31' Classic w/ twin beds, 50 amp service, 1000 watt solar system, Centramatics, Tuson TPMS, 12" disc brakes, 16" tires & wheels
switz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 12:31 PM   #127
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
Multiple posts have been removed from this thread.
Stay on topic by keeping discussions relevant

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote